Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Anarchy Reigns

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 05, 2012

In a distant, chaotic future, cyborgs beat the crap out of each other in this multiplayer-heavy 3D beat 'em up from the developers of MadWorld and Bayonetta.

Mail Time: Putting the Chainsaw in Anarchy

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sarumarine

So this came in the mail today.

Max Anarchy in the House
    Max Anarchy in the House

This is the first time I've imported something before, so you'll have to excuse my crappy digital photos to mark the event. I've been looking forward to this game for some time, so I couldn't wait any longer and shelled out the extra money I've been saving up over the past month or two. It helps that the game is region free and booted up in English when I put it in my PS3. No messing around with settings. The only real tricky part was redeeming all my Anarchy related codes. You have to go through the Japanese PStore if you want Bayonetta or the extra multiplayer modes you can earn through the official Japanese site for Max Anarchy. A small hassle, but totally worth it because it works for all profiles and not just the one that downloaded it.

I've played an hour or so of it already with a dash of campaign and a dash of multiplayer against bots. Durga is confirmed as my favorite character so far. He may be a high pitched psychopath with a penchant for tigers, but the dude has style with that gun leg. So much fun to watch and play.

Controls feel pretty solid. I feel most people have already gone through the trouble to play the Japanese Demo so I won't linger long on how it feels. Short version, it's very MadWorld-like with two control sticks. Heavy and light attacks, grab, jump, etc. The only thing that continues to throw me is the lock-on, which is decent, but hard to spin around when someone attacks you from behind and you want to break loose and turn. I'm still working on that. I don't believe it will be a problem in the long run.

OH, and it I did try the online. I did a survival match with two other guys and had a blast. The connection was... okay I guess. Things did jump around from here or there but it was stable all the way through. My crew and I fought some guys with flamethowers, giant mutants, a squad of robots with annoying riot shields, a muscle car with a mini-gun turret, and lastly a giant squid monster with electric tentacles. You know, Anarchy Reigns stuff.

If anyone else has imported Anarchy Reigns for the PS3 and would like to play, message me at "Sarumarine" and we can try to get some games in. I'm not sure if the connection will hold up seeing as how this was supposed to be released for Japan, but it's worth a shot I guess.

Yup... Yup... Can't Read Most of That

Celebrate with Soundtracks

So far I'm totally pleased with my purchase. And since I'm in such a good mood, I figure I'd share some of my favorite Anarchy Reigns related music via the YouTubes. I think this soundtrack is great. Definitely a contender for the end-of-the-year Sarumarine Awards.

Soon Enough by Sick YG - Oinkie's Theme

Jaw by muzeOne

Venom by muzeOne - Ai Rin's Theme

Here We Go by Theory Hazit

Testin' Me by Doujah Raze - Leo's Theme

Find You by Doujah Raze (Do you like ominous Latin chanting? I like ominous Latin chanting)

Fast Lane by Rushden and Diamonds

They Came From Underground by Rushden and Diamonds (This song is pretty goofy, but I like it)

It's All About Me by Bandy Leggz - Fei Rin's Theme (This song is such a guilty pleasure)

This is Madness by Dilated Peoples (I have respect anyone brave enough to title a song like this in a post-300 world)

I could keep going, but I'd list the entire soundtrack at that rate. You mileage may vary, of course. Anyway I'm off to lunch and then play some more Anarchy Reigns.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sarumarine

So this came in the mail today.

Max Anarchy in the House
    Max Anarchy in the House

This is the first time I've imported something before, so you'll have to excuse my crappy digital photos to mark the event. I've been looking forward to this game for some time, so I couldn't wait any longer and shelled out the extra money I've been saving up over the past month or two. It helps that the game is region free and booted up in English when I put it in my PS3. No messing around with settings. The only real tricky part was redeeming all my Anarchy related codes. You have to go through the Japanese PStore if you want Bayonetta or the extra multiplayer modes you can earn through the official Japanese site for Max Anarchy. A small hassle, but totally worth it because it works for all profiles and not just the one that downloaded it.

I've played an hour or so of it already with a dash of campaign and a dash of multiplayer against bots. Durga is confirmed as my favorite character so far. He may be a high pitched psychopath with a penchant for tigers, but the dude has style with that gun leg. So much fun to watch and play.

Controls feel pretty solid. I feel most people have already gone through the trouble to play the Japanese Demo so I won't linger long on how it feels. Short version, it's very MadWorld-like with two control sticks. Heavy and light attacks, grab, jump, etc. The only thing that continues to throw me is the lock-on, which is decent, but hard to spin around when someone attacks you from behind and you want to break loose and turn. I'm still working on that. I don't believe it will be a problem in the long run.

OH, and it I did try the online. I did a survival match with two other guys and had a blast. The connection was... okay I guess. Things did jump around from here or there but it was stable all the way through. My crew and I fought some guys with flamethowers, giant mutants, a squad of robots with annoying riot shields, a muscle car with a mini-gun turret, and lastly a giant squid monster with electric tentacles. You know, Anarchy Reigns stuff.

If anyone else has imported Anarchy Reigns for the PS3 and would like to play, message me at "Sarumarine" and we can try to get some games in. I'm not sure if the connection will hold up seeing as how this was supposed to be released for Japan, but it's worth a shot I guess.

Celebrate with Soundtracks

So far I'm totally pleased with my purchase. And since I'm in such a good mood, I figure I'd share some of my favorite Anarchy Reigns related music via the YouTubes. I think this soundtrack is great. Definitely a contender for the end-of-the-year Sarumarine Awards.

Soon Enough by Sick YG - Oinkie's Theme

Jaw by muzeOne

Venom by muzeOne - Ai Rin's Theme

Here We Go by Theory Hazit

Testin' Me by Doujah Raze - Leo's Theme

Find You by Doujah Raze (Do you like ominous Latin chanting? I like ominous Latin chanting)

Fast Lane by Rushden and Diamonds

They Came From Underground by Rushden and Diamonds (This song is pretty goofy, but I like it)

It's All About Me by Bandy Leggz - Fei Rin's Theme (This song is such a guilty pleasure)

This is Madness by Dilated Peoples (I have respect anyone brave enough to title a song like this in a post-300 world)

I could keep going, but I'd list the entire soundtrack at that rate. You mileage may vary, of course. Anyway I'm off to lunch and then play some more Anarchy Reigns.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jewunit

Glad to hear you got the game and the codes! I am waiting for YesAsia to ship the game as I didn't shell out for the faster shipping. I should have the game in a week or so.

I am enjoying the soundtrack quite a bit as well. The Baron's theme and "Play My Ass Off" are my personal favorites.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sarumarine

@jewunit: Yeah! Those songs are also great. I always try to limit myself when I do lists or I end up going overboard.

What's pretty cool (at least I think so) is the code for Bayonetta is on the reverse side of the cover right under the disk. I was worried for a moment when I looked through the papers bundled with manual and didn't find anything. So just a heads up I guess.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jewunit

@Sarumarine: I appreciate the info. Do you enter the codes at the PSN store or within the game?

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sarumarine

@jewunit: I did it through the PSN store. I didn't see any prompt within the game to redeem the code.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ArcBorealis

I might be getting this game sometime soon via a generous friend who's willing to import a copy. Hopefully it does go through as I don't think I could wait long for 2013.. Glad you got it though.

And yes, the soundtrack is so, SO good.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikeGosot

Oh, man, i'm so bummed that i can't get the 360 version, because it would be region locked. Also, the game is in English or what?

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sarumarine

@MikeGosot said:

Oh, man, i'm so bummed that i can't get the 360 version, because it would be region locked. Also, the game is in English or what?

I've heard from various posts on the internet that the 360 version is also region free. Granted this was a tumblr post and I can't confirm that first hand. But yeah, development on Max Anarchy was complete before SEGA pushed it to 2013. Everything is already localized with English text, English voice acting, etc. I was surprised that it was already set on English when I put it in my PS3. I didn't have to mess with settings or anything.

@Alaska_Gamer:

Yeah, I couldn't wait either. So far the only bummer is some rocky online lag considering nearly all of the multiplayer base is out of Japan. But I'm still having lots of fun, especially with the Survival modes. I'm still curious if the connection would work better if I played with people in North America. I'm hoping if more people on GiantBomb get their import copies, we could try it sometime.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jewunit
    MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Sarumarine: I will look into that. Otherwise, i may mod my Xbox. Modded Xbox's are region free right?

EDIR: No need to mod shit anymore. Thanks @jewunit.
    s810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By s810

Gotta get the cash, gotta get the dough. My PSN ID is nailbombxx. You can message/add me, or I'll message/add you.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sarumarine

@s810: Cool. I'll be sure to do that. Hopefully we could try to get some games in. I'm a fan of the survival modes, but I'm up for just about anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Why haven't Grasshopper and Platinum teamed up to make a game? It seems so obvious.

Both of them have made a Shinji Mikami game (Shadows of the Damned and Vanquish).

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sarumarine

@Brodehouse: Yeah, it seems a natural fit to me. Both of those studios have a pretty crazy style and always try to do something weird or unconventional.

shepardalk3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shepardalk3

Do you guy's now if the standard shipping from play-asia is pretty fast because I'm hoping to get my copy within the week

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sarumarine

@shepardalk3 said:

Do you guy's now if the standard shipping from play-asia is pretty fast because I'm hoping to get my copy within the week

I think standard shipping is a month or sooner. The way my luck runs is that I usually get my package before the projected date. But in the case of Max Anarchy, I spent a little more for faster shipping (because after 100+, what's 15 more dollars?).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.