Platinum's New Game Is Actually Called Anarchy Reigns

• 65 results
#51 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -
@JCannihilates: You don't need to like every show in the world you know.
#52 Posted by Paulrus (244 posts) -

That.... is one meaty butt.

#53 Posted by Anupsis (271 posts) -

Hope its good.

#54 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2071 posts) -

A game based on tons of players with melee fighting? 

There was a game on the original Xbox called Iron Phoenix. Although janky, I actually really liked playing it. 

This is definitely a game I'll keep my eyes on.

#55 Posted by Palmlykta (168 posts) -

that ass camera reminds me of pn03

#56 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" When did Miranda die her hair blond? "
That was my first thought too. Haha.
#57 Edited by guypussy (29 posts) -

I like the song in the teaser vid -- anyone know title/artist?

Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmo4aCAogH0

#58 Posted by Rmack (1024 posts) -

The people at Platinum are definitely supporters of dat ass.

I am good with this.
#59 Posted by Duffyside (868 posts) -

Platinum is my favorite developer, but so far this looks awful. Still hope for the best.

#60 Posted by Envi0n (4 posts) -

so pumped. 

#61 Posted by vinsanityv22 (1064 posts) -

To me, this sounds like MadWorld's atmosphere mixed with a Power Stone style title. Maybe even an arena shooter (if Platinum used to be Clover, then maybe they have some ex-Capcom guys there who did Spawn:In the Demon's Hand or something).

Anyway, I actually played MadWorld, so I'm not thrilled at ANY game with a relation to it. It had a rad presentation, but a lot of that seemed more like it sounded cooler on paper than it worked in-game. The black & white visuals meant that everything in the background got lost in...the background, so you'd frequently murder everyone in the current section without seeing - and using - many of the environmental traps. This could've been remedied if the game didn't have a stupid timer, but it did, so you had to rush through everywhere. A timer? What is this, 1994?

Besides Vanquish, I haven't played a Platinum Games title that was truly amazing. And Vanquish was the work of Shinji Mikami; who doesn't even work there! Bayonetta was crazy in all the wrong ways, which distracted from the otherwise amazing combat. And I already mentioned the failings with MadWorld. I hope this new game is a step up for them. And that they can produce a title of Vanquish's quality sans Mikami and whatever talent he took with him to Tango and Bethesda...

#62 Posted by Blueblur1 (344 posts) -

It could be a fun game but there's not enough to go on. While I loved Bayonetta, I wasn't too enthralled with Vanquished so this game will have to prove itself to me. Regardless, I'm glad Platinum is out there making crazy games that no one else is. :)

#63 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (733 posts) -

Platinum is making a new game you say? I'm probably in.

#64 Posted by miva2 (224 posts) -

this is going to be epically awesome!!!

#65 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

Jack looks so weird in color.

#66 Posted by AcidicVision (38 posts) -

So no Vanquish sequel for a while then I guess?  I hope they get back around to that eventually. I think it was one of the more under-rated and over-looked titles of last year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.