#1 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Or no?

You are?

You're not?

You are?

You're not?

You are?

You're not?

It could be cool. Maybe. If it ends up sucking I will have lost all hope in 2013 to be a good year for gaming. Just kidding. Kind of. There's nothing worse than the first game of the year you play to be a piece of shit.

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

I've got it preordered in any case. I don't know what to think of it judging by all of the trailers, as it looks fun, but kinda clunky and maybe a little too chaotic. Still, it's cheap, and it's the sort of game I want to own for some reason, regardless of whether I end up liking it or not.

And to anyone who is excited about this should give this tournament thread a gander.

#3 Posted by 49th (2670 posts) -

I don't know, I am looking forward to it, it sounds cool but I'll probably end up skipping it for a while.

#4 Posted by SharkEthic (1003 posts) -

Not in the slightest.

#5 Posted by GunstarRed (4997 posts) -

I know a lot of people really like it, but I'm not the biggest fan. It's fine and quite silly, it aint the next Bayonetta that's for sure.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14521 posts) -

I was until I saw gameplay then I fully understood why this didn't sell any copies in Japan. It looks fucking awful. When its $15 on PSN I'll consider it.

#7 Posted by UlquioKani (1018 posts) -

The gameplay videos I saw were not great so I'm not having high hopes.

Are there multiple teams at Platinum?

Did these guys make either Vanquish or Bayonetta?

#8 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Duder, your poll is broken.

I will wait until the game comes out to think about if the game is worth $30, that's the retail price ain't it?

#9 Posted by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

@UlquioKani said:

The gameplay videos I saw were not great so I'm not having high hopes.

Are there multiple teams at Platinum?

Did these guys make either Vanquish or Bayonetta?

There are definitely multiple teams. They're currently developing at least three games right now, but teams get shuffled around from project to project.

#10 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

I will always give Platinum the benefit of the doubt.

#11 Posted by OppressiveStink (355 posts) -

Fuck man, from what I hear its hell of a game. Also, the ost is great.

#12 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

I didn't even know the game existed.

#13 Posted by Solh0und (1753 posts) -

Um yes

It's 30 F-n dollars. People can do alot worse.

#14 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10377 posts) -

It's a game made by Platinum Games that is priced low right from the get go, and I think is some sort of sequel to Mad World.

So, sure. I'll buy it. I bought Mad World.

#15 Posted by ShaggE (6295 posts) -

I'm not expecting anything amazing from it, but it looks like a fun weekend if nothing else.

#16 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1831 posts) -

Worth it just for the soundtrack and to fund more dumb Platinum shit.

#17 Posted by Overbite (197 posts) -

Hell, I'll probably get it for both 360 and PS3.

#18 Posted by D_W (1109 posts) -

I think I might wait for a quicklook. I may want to rather spend my money on Ni no Kuni instead. But this game does look kind of dumb in the right way.

#19 Edited by Nikoran (165 posts) -

I am. It's a bargain considering the price is like £20/$30. I am worried, however, about the online. Apparently it's dead at the moment, I'm not sure if the western release will help that since it's releasing alongside DmC.

#20 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

I have an import copy, played it a little after it came out in Japan. It didn't really keep me hooked, the combat system wasn't all to great. It also ran at like 960x540, so that didn't help my opinion of it either.

#21 Posted by PhantomGardener (455 posts) -

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh. I have yet to play a Platinum Games, game, And I doubt I'll start with this one.

#22 Posted by Cheesebob (1230 posts) -

@PhantomGardener: You are missing out. The majority of Platinum 's games are some of the best playing games out

#23 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I'd like to love it, but it looks like shit to me. Even by Plat. Games standards.

#24 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

Yep. Had to pre-order it twice since Amazon canceled my initial order back when Sega nixed its original release date.

Don't know if I'm gonna explore the online though.

#25 Posted by Getz (2986 posts) -

I'm kinda excited but I'm seeing mixed reactions here. Guess I'll wait and see if there's a quick look or something before I go out and buy it.

#26 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

I was actually just about to slap down a pre-order but after reading reviews/threads/impressions I think I'll wait a little bit. I just hope there are still people playing online by the time I get around to it.

#27 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

It's never good to have this hivemind gaming shindig going on. There's no "we," for a variety of reasons, mainly because this bandwagon approach makes you waste hundreds of dollars over the years on games because of your forum peers, and because consensus feels forced and unnatural. Makes me wanna sing for democracy.

I, personally, have no idea what this is, so no I guess.

#28 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

Absolutely.

#29 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Its the spiritual successor to God Hand so of course I'm fucking getting it.

#30 Edited by Taku128 (787 posts) -

Played this for about a month when the Japanese demo first hit PSN and tons of people were playing it, an extremely fun and crazy game in team battle mode. Free for all is good too but I'll probably be sticking with team mode most of the time.

@Ducksworth said:

I was actually just about to slap down a pre-order but after reading reviews/threads/impressions I think I'll wait a little bit. I just hope there are still people playing online by the time I get around to it.

You say this like you're waiting for the price to drop, but it's launching at $30 so I dunno how much you'll end up saving.

#31 Posted by Cheesebob (1230 posts) -

@MysteriousBob said:

Its the spiritual successor to God Hand so of course I'm fucking getting it.

Errr....not really. It lacks the difficulty and the customisable combos.

#32 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I was excited for this for a while, but it having been months without us seeing anything particularly promising of the game, it's kind of worn off. It could be great, it could be bad, I just feel fairly indifferent to it right now.

#33 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

Played this for about a month when the Japanese demo first hit PSN and tons of people were playing it, an extremely fun and crazy game in team battle mode. Free for all is good too but I'll probably be sticking with team mode most of the time.

@Ducksworth said:

You say this like you're waiting for the price to drop, but it's launching at $30 so I dunno how much you'll end up saving.

I'm waiting to see what the general consensus for this game is. If people seem to be having a lot of fun I have no problems going out even today to try and find a copy.

#34 Edited by SonnyCheebah (36 posts) -

@OfficeGamer: Why did you even reply to this? It's kind of a waste of your time and ours to tell us that you don't even know what this game is.

As for me, I'd be grabbing this if I still had a console. I enjoyed the demo that was released over the summer, and I probably would've tried my best to get Bayonetta.

#35 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Do you think it would be possible to get the preorderstuff the day it comes out?

#36 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Only seen tidbits of the game since it's announce and to be honest, it looks like a good amount of chaotic fun. I'll definitely give it a shot.

#37 Posted by Bribo (589 posts) -

I had no idea this was getting a release outside of Japan. Congratulations to SEGA on another fine marketing job.

Yes, I am excited.

#38 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

....I caved. I just put my a copy on reserve and will pick up later tonight. I hope I get the pre-order DLC.

#39 Edited by WeaponBoy (160 posts) -

This game is basically Mad World (think of it as a parallel universe; some of the characters with occasional tweaks (Black Baron vs Blacker Baron)), plus God Hand (no customizable combos, but eighteen different characters with fairly distinct playstyles and much deeper combat mechanics than you'd expect), plus Power Stone (3D arena combat), plus pure Platinum Games insanity.

This game is amazing and dismissing it because Sega did a(nother) shitty job marketing the game is a crying shame. Look at what happened with Vanquish. Hell, Bayonetta probably would have flown under the radar if people hadn't gone crazy about her clothes flying off in combat.

#40 Posted by Serpentenema (216 posts) -

Dude, I thought this was coming out in march or something. I had no idea it came out today, and for 30 bucks I am down for that.

#41 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I haven't played the multiplayer yet but I did watch a video on YouTube with some guys playing it and it seems like if smash bros was a third person brawler.

Also, the music is great. I love the beats these songs have.

#42 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Eh, I picked up a copy today and I'm liking it but I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would. The campaign missions are monotonous for the most part and it takes it's hub system from mad world so you have to kill lots of enemies over and over to unlock missions which can get annoying, especially later on when you'll have to really rack up points to unlock the next story mission. Also, it does absolutely no job of recapping the events of Madworld so I was completely lost in terms of story. Overall the campaign isn't great.

The multiplayer however is easily worth the 30 dollars alone, while some game modes like survival(which is supposed to be co-op but ultimately devolves into kill stealing) aren't great, the game shines in team deathmatch and free for all. It reminds me of Powerstone, it's pure chaotic madness and while every character has basically the same combos with a few exceptions(bigger characters) they play differently enough to make it interesting. Apparently the combat system can get really complex and it feels so great that I'm willing to learn more about it.

I'd say that if you're looking to buy this and you don't have a means to play it online I'd skip it or maybe borrow it from someone. But if you're looking for a fun and unique multiplayer fighter then at least give this one a rent. I'd give it a 3/5

#43 Posted by Maddman60620 (103 posts) -

I really like this game, the online is the way to play it and the single player is just ok I guess story isn't bad for the type of game this is but having to unlock the story and side missions with points sucks near the end mostly because you just want to unlock the characters... But for the price its worth it, hopefully whatever deal gamestop has is up in a few months so I can play as Bayonetta...

#44 Posted by Nikoran (165 posts) -

@MysteriousBob: That's what I was thinking when I looked at some of the gameplay. Very God Hand-esqe.

#45 Posted by Soap_of_Death (94 posts) -

I'm not that hyped for it, particularly for a Platinum Games game. I did however only pay $7.50 for it after redeeming a voucher online (exchanging loyalty/reward points for clarification) so it would have to be pretty awful for me to regret the purchase.

#46 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

Well, this is finally out. Did Platinum Games make a great game, or did they pump out a video game?

Anarchy Resigns.....am I RIGHT!?

#47 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

I feel like I was in the minority of people that enjoyed Madworld, so I'm sure I'll find something to like about this game.

#48 Posted by Supergooder (38 posts) -

30 Bones toward Platinum greatness.

#49 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1664 posts) -

Guys. Guys. One of the levels in the game takes place in an Asian-themed city named...Hong Long. I feel like I needed to let someone know.

#50 Posted by deim0s (3 posts) -

Got my copy. Surprisingly Battle Royale and Death ball is soo much fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.