Thoughts on the demo?

#1 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

so ive finally gotten into the anarchy reigns reigns demo after i realized it had been delayed in the us and i was wondering what people had thought on the demo did you think there were any characters that needed tweaking. what did you think of cuthulu? talk about your experience

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10479 posts) -

Seemed pretty fun to me. It made me almost want to import it, despite the great cost and the fact that I know literally zero Japanese. I'm not sure if I would like it more with it in Japanese (thus making it completely incomprehensible and insane), or in English, because it seems like a sequel to MadWorld. I liked the story and stuff in MadWorld.

#3 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: well the japanese version has the english dub in it and its only$80 on amazon japan so i might have to import it instead of just waiting 6 months when i wont have time to play it

#4 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10479 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid: That's cool. I'm not actually going to import it, but I'm glad that it has the English stuff in there. For people slightly crazier than I am, but not crazy enough to learn another language to play weird game.

#5 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

i would also like to say that the game had some great music

#6 Posted by jewunit (1054 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid: Be careful about importing from Amazon Japan. As far as I know, they do not ship outside of Japan and you need to go through an intermediary to have it shipped to you.

As for the music, I am a fan of the Baron's theme: Days of Old.

#7 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -
#8 Posted by jewunit (1054 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid: Whoa, cool! I will indeed follow this man. ALTAMBRA, YA HEAR ME?!?

#9 Posted by s810 (33 posts) -

I have already spent hours playing the demo itself. It is extremely enjoyable, and it made me import/pre-order the game itself, though it was much more expensive than waiting for it to come out next year. I think it will be worth it.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Is the game region free?

#11 Posted by jewunit (1054 posts) -
#12 Posted by s810 (33 posts) -

Yeah, if you have a PS3 and don't want to wait for it, your best bet is to import it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.