Two more MadWorld characters join Anarchy Reigns.

#1 Edited by Icemael (6320 posts) -
Link

The Black Baron (now "Blacker Baron") and his murderous assistant Mathilda, both from MadWorld, will be playable in Anarchy Reigns' multiplayer mode. The Baron will fight with gloves that are on fire, while Mathilda will fight with a spiked mace. Also: in matches, environmental hazards like tsunamis and black holes will occasionally appear, forcing players to stay on their guard at all times. 

Here's an interview with lots of footage:

The game looks fun as hell!
#2 Posted by Aegon (5588 posts) -

How do you guard against a black hole?

#3 Posted by BjornTheUnicorn (356 posts) -

That dude is Rorie's Japanese counterpart.

#4 Posted by TheHT (11238 posts) -

An arena fighter? Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

#5 Posted by raphaa00 (133 posts) -
@TheHT said:
" An arena fighter? Interesting. Thanks for sharing! "
It seems that these arenas are big sprawling areas.
#6 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Maaaad lag in parts of that demo, not a very good sign. 

I'm skeptical about this. In fact, the only thing keeping me from writing this off immediately as another bad game is my faith in Platinum.

#7 Edited by Icemael (6320 posts) -
@Akrid said:

" Maaaad lag in parts of that demo, not a very good sign. "

The game isn't coming out until this autumn, so they have plenty of time to work that out. Hopefully they'll put out a beta... if there's an online game that could benefit from extensive testing and feedback from the audience, it's this one. A studio with no online experience making a type of online game that has almost never been made before (I think there's been like one game like this before, and I'm not sure how similar that was to this)... they're going to need it.
#8 Posted by TheHT (11238 posts) -
@raphaa00 said:
" @TheHT said:
" An arena fighter? Interesting. Thanks for sharing! "
It seems that these arenas are big sprawling areas. "
You think so? The stage in the footage didn't look that big.
#9 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -
#10 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I think adding characters that are very clearly offbrand derivative of characters from God Hand would be hilarious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.