And yet it move and first blog in ages!

Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

So yeah just finished AYIM(and yet it moves) and i thought it to be a good game to get back to blogging.  
What a strange game. 
The gameplay is awesome, the puzzles are well designed and everything is very well put together. however there's one thing that i found a little... weird. The mood. This game could have very well been a typical, happy go lucky, child friendly puzzle platformer and that would have been totally fine! However, the mood is very different.  
It starts with the music and sound design. Although good, it's very creepy (for lack of a better word) and very ominous. For those who have played it, you know what i mean, for those who haven't, watch the quick look. 
Another factor was the things that go on. in the game. Although the story is basically not there or to use a term overused in the art world (sigh) "open to interpretation". itt seems to have a narrative... but not. it's hard to describe. 
Anyway that's all for now but i ddo plan on making a big blog post on Enslaved... I have so much to say beyond "is it good or bad?" 
here's the quick look for those who haven't played it.  

ALSO! for those who played it, did this sense of confusion also hit you with and yet it moves? what's your opinion?
#1 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

So yeah just finished AYIM(and yet it moves) and i thought it to be a good game to get back to blogging.  
What a strange game. 
The gameplay is awesome, the puzzles are well designed and everything is very well put together. however there's one thing that i found a little... weird. The mood. This game could have very well been a typical, happy go lucky, child friendly puzzle platformer and that would have been totally fine! However, the mood is very different.  
It starts with the music and sound design. Although good, it's very creepy (for lack of a better word) and very ominous. For those who have played it, you know what i mean, for those who haven't, watch the quick look. 
Another factor was the things that go on. in the game. Although the story is basically not there or to use a term overused in the art world (sigh) "open to interpretation". itt seems to have a narrative... but not. it's hard to describe. 
Anyway that's all for now but i ddo plan on making a big blog post on Enslaved... I have so much to say beyond "is it good or bad?" 
here's the quick look for those who haven't played it.  

ALSO! for those who played it, did this sense of confusion also hit you with and yet it moves? what's your opinion?
#2 Posted by Tordah (2471 posts) -

I just finished the game, and yeah, it is very weird. Aesthetically, I can't really think of anything quite like it. It was a neat touch to have you play through the credits as the last level.

#3 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

I liked it quite a lot, but found the Wii version to be superior to the PC version. One of the few games where Wii controls work perfectly

#4 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -
@kalmis: yeah the wii version seems quite awesome. regardless both versions are really good in a weird way!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.