Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

And Yet It Moves

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 02, 2009

A puzzle-platformer set in a world made up of ripped paper. Players can rotate the entire world around in order to change the relative direction of gravity, giving players the freedom to navigate environments in novel ways.

Indie Bundle Backlog Battles #4 - And Yet It Moves

ErgoMeSmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ErgoMeSmart

Developer: Broken Rules

Platform: Wii, PC (Steam, Desura)

Price: £6.99 (Desura)

It's been a while, but at last the battling of backlogs moves on.

And Yet It Moves was released on PC in the April of 2009, and on the Wii in the August of 2010. In the summer of 2011, it was included in the 3rd Humble Bundle, the first bundle that I bought. Now, almost a year later, having playing through two of the game's three chapters, I'm here to review it.

In the game, you play a nameless paper cut-out, which travels through the levels by running, jumping and rotating the game world. By rotating the world, you can get to places previously inaccessible, and can complete puzzles that block progress. Momentum plays a big part in the game, as it you move too fast, you'll be killed on landing.

The game has a very unique graphical style to it, as the game world looks like something from a paper college, including all of the platforms and objects you come across, such as grass, tress and, at one point, a gorilla. This allows the game to play about with objects appearing in the foreground, giving the player the feel that they part of this environment.

The soundtrack is sparse, with the in-game sound often just being the sound of the college jungle surrounding the player. This gives the game a slight relaxing element to it, a minor juxtaposition to the sometimes mildly-frustrating levels.

The game regularly adds new elements between each level, be them puzzles such as giving a banana to a monkey, a springy branch or moving platforms. This means that, although the gameplay of rotating the world doesn't evolve, the game manages to keep fresh throughout.

The game itself appears to be about 4 hours long, with replay value to be found within extra modes such as one that limits the number of rotations you are allowed as well as the in-game achievements, which also link up with Steam.

My 3 hours of playtime with it were a pleasure, with the sense of achievement often great when a mildly-difficult puzzle had been defeated. In the end, I have to say that And Yet It Moves was an enjoyable puzzle-platformer that I can easily recommend to other fans of the genre.

Who is this game for? Fans of platforms, puzzles. rotating worlds, surfing branches, paper men, killer bees and horrible deaths.

Is it worth the price? If you're a fan of puzzle-platformers, then yes, by a long way.

ErgoMeSmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ErgoMeSmart

Developer: Broken Rules

Platform: Wii, PC (Steam, Desura)

Price: £6.99 (Desura)

It's been a while, but at last the battling of backlogs moves on.

And Yet It Moves was released on PC in the April of 2009, and on the Wii in the August of 2010. In the summer of 2011, it was included in the 3rd Humble Bundle, the first bundle that I bought. Now, almost a year later, having playing through two of the game's three chapters, I'm here to review it.

In the game, you play a nameless paper cut-out, which travels through the levels by running, jumping and rotating the game world. By rotating the world, you can get to places previously inaccessible, and can complete puzzles that block progress. Momentum plays a big part in the game, as it you move too fast, you'll be killed on landing.

The game has a very unique graphical style to it, as the game world looks like something from a paper college, including all of the platforms and objects you come across, such as grass, tress and, at one point, a gorilla. This allows the game to play about with objects appearing in the foreground, giving the player the feel that they part of this environment.

The soundtrack is sparse, with the in-game sound often just being the sound of the college jungle surrounding the player. This gives the game a slight relaxing element to it, a minor juxtaposition to the sometimes mildly-frustrating levels.

The game regularly adds new elements between each level, be them puzzles such as giving a banana to a monkey, a springy branch or moving platforms. This means that, although the gameplay of rotating the world doesn't evolve, the game manages to keep fresh throughout.

The game itself appears to be about 4 hours long, with replay value to be found within extra modes such as one that limits the number of rotations you are allowed as well as the in-game achievements, which also link up with Steam.

My 3 hours of playtime with it were a pleasure, with the sense of achievement often great when a mildly-difficult puzzle had been defeated. In the end, I have to say that And Yet It Moves was an enjoyable puzzle-platformer that I can easily recommend to other fans of the genre.

Who is this game for? Fans of platforms, puzzles. rotating worlds, surfing branches, paper men, killer bees and horrible deaths.

Is it worth the price? If you're a fan of puzzle-platformers, then yes, by a long way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.