Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Android

Platform »

Google's mobile OS, available across multiple devices.

New to Android, emulator suggestions?

Avatar image for fixurheartordie
    fixurheartordie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey y'all,

About to dive into the HTC One and I'm looking for emulator suggestions. There's a lot of conflicting recommendations online so I was wondering what the community here uses. I'm most interested in NES, as I have the most carts at home for it and I'd like to stay as legit as I can in this oh-so-grey area. I also have a handful of SNES and N64 carts, but I can't picture that many buttons working too well on touch.

Important addendum; back when I had a jailbroken iPhone 4 I had a GBA emulator called gpSPhone, it had a fantastic combination A+B button that actually made Mario games quite playable on the touch screen (ABR: Always Be Runnin'). Is anyone aware of any emulators on Google Play that offer this functionality?

Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use NESDroid. I have used several in the past but this one I actually paid the upgrade for the pro version. I like it cause you can easily map the buttons to anywhere on the screen you want and you can even adjust the size of the buttons if you like.

For GBA I use My Boy! Free. It works well and also allows you to customize the buttons. It also adjusts to playing vertical or horizontal. You can even adjust the size of the screen. I dont think the pro version adds any thing other than the ability to save games.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Robert Broglia makes a lot of great emulators, although they are a bit pricey. If you're interested, the emulators are NES.emu and GBA.emu. You might also want to check out Retroarch. It's like 20 emulators in one. (Including the NES and GBA)

I personally use My Boy for GBA games. It runs everything beautifully and has pretty decent control options.

Avatar image for fixurheartordie
    fixurheartordie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll look into these, thanks guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.