Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Android

Platform »

Google's mobile OS, available across multiple devices.

The State of Mobile Gaming

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By D4RKSH33P

So I've had my first android phone for a month now. I've been reading tested's weekly updates of apps which includes games and gandering at the app store. I've played a few free games, tried a few demos, and read descriptions on the app store. Absolutely nothing had really caught my eye. The only thing I really play is the crossword app that downloads daily crosswords. I can't really place the exact reason why nothing really seems to stick for me. This doesn't have to be a thread for recommending games, but I just wanted to hear other people's opinions on what mobile games should be apart from quick gimmicks to sit and play while on the toilet.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

I play games on my iPod touch all the time. 

They're simple, but they're quite fun.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By fwylo

I must suggest Game Dev Story if you haven't played it.  It is a great example of what a mobile game should/can be other than a quick 5 minute time killer.  Something that you don't need intricate controls super quality gameplay.  It is just a simple menu based simulator that gets the job done extremely well. 

Other than that it is just a 5 minute time killing experience to me.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By zidd

Fruit Ninja and anything by halfbrick. They make some great mobile games.

Argus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Argus

I too am frustrated by the lack of good games on the android market. I see a lot of posts triumphantly comparing android to the iOS Appstore, but the quality titles that I want (read: Superbrothers) are still Apple exclusives. Something must be done!

I'm still searching for something engrossing and polished. If I find that needle in this haystack, I'll let you know.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By melcene

I don't mind the quick little mindless games for my phone, like the Bejeweled knock offs, etc.  But I don't care about gaming on my phone.  That's not what I bought my phone for.  If I want a real portable gaming device, I'll look into a DS or PSP.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.