Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 16, 2008

Animal Crossing comes to the Wii as a sequel to the original GameCube and DS versions. Featuring a host of new features such as improved online play, a new voice chat option through the use of Wii Speak, a city for players to visit,and new holidays.

Animal Crossing Wii Multiplayer - Explain it to me.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar

A couple questions:

• Can you live in the same town as somebody on a different console?
    • Can you only visit friend's towns or can you visit anybody's town randomly?
    • If two people are playing on a console, will they live in the same town... can you have multiple people on the same console? Also, if that is the case, are there multiple houses or a single house?
    abombb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By abombb

I know you have to have friend codes to visit a town, not just randomly..  I'm not sure about your 1st and 3rd questions though.

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By erinfizz
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "A couple questions:
    • If two people are playing on a console, will they live in the same town... can you have multiple people on the same console? Also, if that is the case, are there multiple houses or a single house?
    "
    1. No.
    2. You can only visit towns of people you have swapped friend codes with. You BOTH have to enter the other's friend code.
    3. Yes they will live in the same town, and there are 4 houses available.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    erinfizz said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "A couple questions:
    "
    1. No.
    2. You can only visit towns of people you have swapped friend codes with. You BOTH have to enter the other's friend code.
    3. Yes they will live in the same town, and there are 4 houses available.
    "
    Thanks for the help! I plan on getting this for Christmas.
    mulvenna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mulvenna

Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City (as ACCF is called in Europe) is causing a bit of conflict among my children.

The game belongs to my daughter and one of my sons would like to play it, but they have to inhabit the same world I take it, which just isn't on...apparently. Something about letting weeds grow...going forward then backward in time. I haven't played myself so apologies for my ignorance.

So as I understand it, the Wii version of Animal Crossing accommodates up to 4 players on the console but they inhabit and can influence the same world.

Is there a way around this problem - short of buying a second Wii console!

Regards

Gerry

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Wow, I wish I could help (and I'm sure others will) but I just wanted to say it's great to see dads (or moms?) that care this much for their children and actually are smart enough to look things up on the internet, society isn't doomed, yaaaay ^_^

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Wow, I wish I could help (and I'm sure others will) but I just wanted to say it's great to see dads (or moms?) that care this much for their children and actually are smart enough to look things up on the internet, society isn't doomed, yaaaay ^_^
    "
    it is with friend codes
    erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By erinfizz
    mulvenna said:
    So as I understand it, the Wii version of Animal Crossing accommodates up to 4 players on the console but they inhabit and can influence the same world.

Is there a way around this problem - short of buying a second Wii console!
    Unfortunately, I don't think there is. You can't copy the AC save file off of the Wii hard drive, so my initial thought of swapping save files around on sd cards is right out. If I find out anything more I'll come back and let you know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.