Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 16, 2008

Animal Crossing comes to the Wii as a sequel to the original GameCube and DS versions. Featuring a host of new features such as improved online play, a new voice chat option through the use of Wii Speak, a city for players to visit,and new holidays.

Who is buying this on day one?

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By whackmypinata

I love this series. However, this game seems to familiar for $50. Someone convince me to buy it.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DoctorTran

If I have the money,... then yes. However I'd get the version with the WiiTalk.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By BoG

You know, I thought a Wii Animal Crossing would be a purchase for me, but looking at this game, I don't like it. The graphics are a step down artistically, and I don't like it. The characters look uglier for some reason. Technology also plays a part in the ugly look, as you can tell they tried to enchance it just enough, but failed. The result is that the DS and Cube versions look better. I also can't imagine how they will make it worth buying, period. I'm expecting something expansion pack worthy.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By whackmypinata
    DoctorTran said:
    "If I have the money,... then yes. However I'd get the version with the WiiTalk."
    WiiSpeak looks interesting, however IMO not enough for me to buy it solely.BoG said:
    "You know, I thought a Wii Animal Crossing would be a purchase for me, but looking at this game, I don't like it. The graphics are a step down artistically, and I don't like it. The characters look uglier for some reason. Technology also plays a part in the ugly look, as you can tell they tried to enchance it just enough, but failed. The result is that the DS and Cube versions look better. I also can't imagine how they will make it worth buying, period. I'm expecting something expansion pack worthy."
    Exactly what I thought. The atmosphere of the original Animal Crossing was great because of the charm. They definitely tried too hard. I guess I'll wait till it gets down to 19.99..
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DoctorTran

the only thing I don't like about the new one is... well.. The School bus.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By whackmypinata
    DoctorTran said:
    "the only thing I don't like about the new one is... well.. The School bus."
    Haha, yeah.
    Btw, I tried booting up my old GameCube town. Couldn't get back into it, although I do have fond memories about it..
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By clarke0

This game seems pretty much the same as it was on both the Gamecube and the DS. I might end up picking up if my friends get it or when it goes on sale for cheaper.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm buying it on the first day.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jayge_

I haven't seen enough to warrant it getting a buy. It might as well just be another DS game, really.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whackmypinata
    Jayge said:
    "I haven't seen enough to warrant it getting a buy. It might as well just be another DS game, really."
    Did you buy/like the first two?
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By JJOR64

*One month later...*

I will be getting the game the day it comes out.  I might start a friend code thread.

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By sionweeks
    whackmypinata said:
    "I love this series. However, this game seems to familiar for $50. Someone convince me to buy it."
    It's more Animal Crossing.

There, convinced.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By dsplayer1010

I'm conflicted. It's pretty much the same thing as previous games in the series, but that's just the thing. I love Animal Crossing. I played Wild World for months. My concern is that I'll buy it, won't be able to start from scratch again, and never play again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.