Animal Crossing. Will you be getting it?

• 61 results
#1 Edited by Ganthet2814 (65 posts) -

Was just basically wanting to know if anyone will be picking this up or downloading it for their 3DS on the 6th? I will and I am looking forward to it.

#2 Posted by AndrewB (7439 posts) -

Lord help me, yes.

I learned the hard way that Animal Crossing makes for a much more sensical portable game, and having it always there on my 3DS will be a blessing and a curse.

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (7907 posts) -

I thought it came out on the 9th.

I wasn't going to get it but my fiancé saw the limited edition XL and decided she had to have it so now I'm getting it so we can play together.

She is going crazy and bought a strategy guide from Japan and done magazine with QR codes for custom outfits.

#4 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Hell yeah.

#5 Edited by Nezza (331 posts) -

Given that I'm still playing Wild World..... yes, yes, yes.

#6 Edited by RobotHamster (4169 posts) -

Once I get a 3DS for Pokemon then yes I will be getting it as well, just not on release day.

#7 Edited by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Of course! I love Animal Crossing. Hopefully it doesn't take over my life, but who am I kidding.

#8 Edited by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

YES! and i also still play wild world a couple times a week, can't wait to see what they have changed in the next game.

#9 Edited by Sergio (2037 posts) -

Yes, once it's available for download so I don't have to be without it.

#10 Posted by Milkman (16481 posts) -

I'm seriously considering buying a 3DS for it.

#11 Posted by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

Hell yes I will, trying to get most of the games i'm currently playing out of the way so I can immerse myself in animal crossing and not feel guilty.

#12 Posted by Carousel (418 posts) -

It's the only reason I bought a 3DS.

On June 9th I disappear from reality.

#13 Edited by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

Yes, after I finish Donkey Kong.

#14 Posted by RioStarwind (477 posts) -

Always up for some more Animal Crossing.

#15 Edited by Abendlaender (2733 posts) -

I never understand what people like about AC. However I get it for free, so I will dive into it and see if I can understand why people mark the birthdays of cats in their real actual calendar.

#16 Edited by perplexedlex (5 posts) -

If I had a Nintendo 3DS, I would definitely be buying it. It's Animal Crossing, an exclusive, well-developed game from Nintendo. Who wouldn't want to buy it?!

#17 Posted by Chop (1991 posts) -

I never understand what people like about AC.

It's the ultimate form of escapism.

And yeah, I'll be getting it. It's the reason I bought my 3DS.

#18 Edited by Bollard (5201 posts) -

Damn fucking straight I'm getting this.

I never understand what people like about AC. However I get it for free, so I will dive into it and see if I can understand why people mark the birthdays of cats in their real actual calendar.

It's like having a mortgage you can't afford to pay off, but more stressful.

#19 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6037 posts) -

I'd like to finally wrap up Fire Emblem Awakening first, but yeah, I suspect I'll be ordering it. I had only just a taste of the first one, enough to know that I want to play more. This looks like as great a place as any to really jump in.

#20 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

Might not on release since it's about a week before my next paycheck, but I fully intend to pick it up sometime soon.

#21 Edited by AltonBrown (948 posts) -

God yes.

#22 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

Maybe.

Probably.

#23 Edited by Ganthet2814 (65 posts) -
#24 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Yep! Downloading it at midnight.

#25 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I got it for free because of the Nintendo deal to register 3 games, woohoo.

#26 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

No question, my most anticipated game right now.

Honestly? It's made with an extreme earnestness, sincerity, and simplicity that I fell in deep love. It's a game that wants nothing more than to care about and respect you.

The fact that it also has basically the greatest video game score ever definitely helps.

#27 Posted by takayamasama (438 posts) -

It's the reason I bought a 3DS....2 years ago.

THE WAITING IS ALMOST OVER

#28 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I'm really trying to resist the urge to buy that 3DS XL bundle since I'm a really cheap bastard at heart. I know it'll be fun but that's a lot of money for a broke college student like myself to be spending since I know that once I buy it nothing will stop me from buying Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter etc. @.@ ugh...someone stop me before I put in my preorder.

#29 Posted by BaconGames (3280 posts) -

Tom Nook can't wait to stack dat paper.

#30 Edited by Ganthet2814 (65 posts) -
#31 Edited by Ben_H (3293 posts) -

Relapse is imminent for me.

#32 Posted by stonepawfox (236 posts) -

hell fucking yes

#33 Posted by JJOR64 (18882 posts) -

Fuck yeah I am.

#34 Edited by WalkerD (461 posts) -

Of course. I couldn't be more hyped. Although I wish people would stop swap noting me lewd pictures of Isabelle. No I don't.

#35 Edited by Mr_Misery (257 posts) -

Yup, I'm getting that special edition XL with it pre-loaded on it.

#36 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2283 posts) -

Not on launch, but heck yeah I'll pick it up.

#37 Edited by Hailinel (23676 posts) -

Maybe not on launch day, but I'll definitely be getting it.

#38 Edited by dekkadekkadekka (724 posts) -

Getting it for free, thanks Nintendo!

#39 Posted by DonutFever (3548 posts) -

Upgrading to the Animal Crossing XL, even. Pretty excited.

#40 Posted by madman356647 (184 posts) -

I'll be picking it up. Been playing Wild World for two weeks trying to get a grasp on AC. It has its hooks in me for sure.

#41 Edited by 49th (2669 posts) -

Having never played Animal Crossing I don't really see the appeal... but maybe that's a good thing. I probably won't be playing it.

#42 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Pretty hyped for it, bought a 3DS XL on sale this week in preparation.

#43 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Of course. Animal Crossing has been one of my favorite games since the gamecube.

#44 Posted by planetary (341 posts) -

Colleague at work mentioned he'll be getting it. The prospect of trading fruit with someone local pushed me over the edge. I'll probably get it. Fuck.

#45 Posted by wewantsthering (1547 posts) -

Oh yeah!

#46 Posted by Marino (4578 posts) -
Staff Online
#47 Posted by Nezza (331 posts) -

So it's one more week before New Leaf finally hits. That is what, 8 years since the release of Wild World?

So anyway this finally happened.

Followed 10 minutes later by

And then 5 minutes after that, I finally caught my white whale.

Years of on-off play and wanting to catch any of these elusive beasts and then all come along in a 30 minute period! And in a couple of weeks time I get to do it all over again (yes!).

#48 Posted by Sargus (720 posts) -
#49 Edited by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

Probably at some point, but not right away. First it sounds like this version really isn't a giant reinvention, and I'm not positive I need to play a 4th version of the same game. Second, and not the game's fault at all, I played a lot of the DS version to distract myself after my grandmother died. So I always associate the series with that.

But I think I'll cave before PAX. This seems guaranteed to be one of the games-of-show.

#50 Posted by madman356647 (184 posts) -

Day one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.