Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2012

The player takes the position of town mayor in this version of Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS.

Community Holiday Help: Some Questions

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

I have a sibling who lives on the opposite coast, and would like nothing more for their birthday/xmas (Dec 24 birthdays suck ;) than some simple gift cards, etc. I've always hated giving a simple card, and I know she enjoys Animal Crossing, so I've hit upon the idea of burying her "gift" - i.e. an in-game letter with a redemption code on it - somewhere in my town. Not being an AC expert, I need to know the following:

• if my 3DS is left running in AC:NL, and my sister is on my friends list, can she enter my town without any interaction on my end?
    • can strangers enter my town while I leave it running, potentially digging up said treasures? :)
    • can you bury letters? Are they persistent? maybe I'll lead her on a merry chase around town or something
    • is this a disaster waiting to happen because i am missing some vital information??

Thanks!

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

1) If you open your gates and leave your system open on animal crossing, yes you could be up without you doing anything. Keep in mind connection loss could still happen.

2) You could set it to only allow your best friends to enter your town but if you have any other best friends listed they will be able to enter also. If you can check on it sometime later you can close the gate after she is in to stop anyone else from entering.

3) Not sure you can bury them outright i would test it out and see what happens.

4) I think it is completely possible and as long as you only invite best friends or close your gate when she comes to your town i think you would be fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.