Disappointing ingame birthday presents

#1 Posted by Helios1337 (321 posts) -

it's my girlfriends birthday today and she played Animal Crossing and got a couple shitty gifts. A "men's toilet" from the townsfolk and a "potty" from her "Mom". I think it's pretty funny, but she is not impressed. It looks like you are supposed to get birthday items like sunglasses and hats. Anyone else get bad/funny gifts?

#2 Posted by drac96 (654 posts) -

I got a spa chair from my party and my mom sent me a colorful wheel, which sucked because I already had it.

I wish I had gotten the toilets instead.

#3 Posted by Slaegar (626 posts) -

What a crappy gift.

Those townsfolk are real shitheads.

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

You better send her some better gifts or else the shit will hit the fan.

#5 Edited by Morningstar (2050 posts) -

Haha, what shit gifts.

#6 Posted by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -

I think the villagers give you birthday items based on your relationship status with them, so if all her villagers hate her, then they won't give her anything special.

#7 Posted by Helios1337 (321 posts) -

I was hoping this would get a few shitty puns in reply, thank you Giantbomb.

#8 Posted by Freezer_Burn (206 posts) -

My birthday was today, I got a men's toilet too. Besides that, I got a birthday table (a round table with a cake on it) a tape deck, and a star globe from my mom. Wasn't too bad of a haul.

#9 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

My birthday was release day and I didn't get fuck all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.