Gifts sent through mail

#1 Edited by Hef (1084 posts) -

How do I pick them up. There's no way to do if from my own mailbox, and I can't find the option at the actual post office. I would really like to pick up the piece of art I bought to get going on my second museum level, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to get it.

#3 Posted by Sanity (1853 posts) -

I think you just click on the piece of mail after you read it and a option should come up saying present or something. Hit that and it should go to your inventory.

#4 Posted by Brent (28 posts) -

when you get your mail, move it from the orange/yellow mailbox to your blue mail inventory. Leave the mailbox, open your inventory, tap on the envelope, then the message and select "present" the present will be added to your inventory

#5 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Then hope it's not a forgery. Mine sure was!

#6 Posted by Nev (534 posts) -

Then hope it's not a forgery. Mine sure was!

Same here! I've gotten two paintings straight that were forgeries. =(

#7 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@nev I read there's a visible defect on the forgeries, but when I compared all 4 in his tent I couldn't see anything special.

#8 Edited by SMTDante89 (2474 posts) -

@mideonnviscera: Correct. Here's a site that has images for the real and fakes, with a short description of how to tell if they're fake as well.

#9 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -
#10 Posted by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -

@smtdante89: Oh neat! I really should have looked closer at the Motherly Statue I bought. I totally recognized it as the sculpture of Romulus and Remus with the Wolf, which is why I bought it, but I somehow didn't notice that only one of the brothers was in the statue.Totally obvious how fake that thing is in retrospect. Most of the others I would have no chance of catching.

#11 Posted by SMTDante89 (2474 posts) -

@scrawnto: Yeah. I didn't realize it when I first saw it, but the fake robust statue (Discobolus) was holding a UFO instead of a disc. Once I noticed that, it was kind of embarrassing.

#12 Edited by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -

@smtdante89: I can just imagine the owl's reaction upon seeing what I was trying to give him. "Come on, really? You're bringing this to me? You dumb shmuck."

#13 Edited by Alex_Carrillo (274 posts) -

Is it possible to send mail to players on your friends list without visiting their town?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.