Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2012

The player takes the position of town mayor in this version of Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS.

Has anyone else been exploiting beetle island?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Alternate title: Do you want to make 100,000 Bells in 10 minutes?

One of my friends told me about this, and at first I didn't fucking believe it because of how ridiculous it sounds.

So first off, if you haven't unlocked Tortimer's island go do that. After you build your house he will ask you to meet him at the docks, and if you do the next day Kapp'n will be there and will take you to the island for 1,000 Bells. Now there's a lot of neat shit to do on the island, but who fucking cares because we're here to get paid. Go to the island after 11 PM, talk to the gyroid outside to get a net, and then be amazed as you catch dozens of fucking beetles worth anywhere from 8,000 to 12,000 Bells all night long with absolutely no repercussions.

If you don't fuck up scare away all the beetles there's nothing stopping you from making 300k+ in one trip, it's really that dumb. I can't complain though, because it's allowed me to upgrade my house and build new public works so who gives a shit. I'm having FUN.

If you are not well versed in the fine art of beetle capturing here is an instructional video.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

That game show. I wish america had cool game shows :(

Orangefreak92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets just say I have 3m bells in my account. It's a little absurd...

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Damn that's nuts. 8k a piece? I may have to go check it out. I did do a little diving off the island and I feel like there's way more sharks there than at my town, but I'll certainly check out the bugs on the island!

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Sergio

Yes.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I did it one night for 2 hours. Haven't exactly needed to go back.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This an awesome way to grind the Bug-Off, too! Just save your best beetles and that's basically instawin for the competition.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DystopiaX

Yes. Don't feel bad about it either because there's a lot more expensive shit to spend on than in the past.

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It's the best.

I love the leisurely, 'real-world' pace of most tasks in Animal Crossing, but I hate feeling Bell-poor. I'm having more fun with this AC than any other in the series.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Don't feel bad about it either because there's a lot more expensive shit to spend on than in the past.

Dude, yes. I just started my second floor loan, and it's 298,000 bells. Now, I'm not sure if I'm mis-remembering, but I feel like that's a lot higher than it ever was before to repay. Plus, with all the possibilities for public works projects, I feel like I'm spending way more money than I ever did in past games.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I will have to check it out tonight then.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Kinda curious if Nintendo will patch it or not. There is the Update option on the Title Screen menu.

Carousel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've gone at 6pm and there were lots of beetles. So I don't think you have to go so late.

11pm is when tons of sharks come out, though.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax said:

Dude, yes. I just started my second floor loan, and it's 298,000 bells. Now, I'm not sure if I'm mis-remembering, but I feel like that's a lot higher than it ever was before to repay. Plus, with all the possibilities for public works projects, I feel like I'm spending way more money than I ever did in past games.

I also saw on some forum that there are people who found furniture for sale that cost over a million bells.

@carousel said:

I've gone at 6pm and there were lots of beetles. So I don't think you have to go so late.

11pm is when tons of sharks come out, though.

AFAIK it's past 5pm.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also saw on some forum that there are people who found furniture for sale that cost over a million bells.

Hoooooleeeeee shit. A million bells? That better be some rad furniture. I haven't seen anything close to that. The most expensive thing I've seen is the Golden Cat statue I bought for like 6k.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@dystopiax said:

Hoooooleeeeee shit. A million bells? That better be some rad furniture. I haven't seen anything close to that. The most expensive thing I've seen is the Golden Cat statue I bought for like 6k.

My first or second day in my town there was a golden king crown on sale at the Sable Sisters store for 1 million bells. That shit was crazy.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nev said:

@quid_pro_bono said:

@dystopiax said:

My first or second day in my town there was a golden king crown on sale at the Sable Sisters store for 1 million bells. That shit was crazy.

For the mayor who has everything?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sanity

@nev said:

@quid_pro_bono said:

@dystopiax said:

For the mayor who has everything?

Thats good to hear though, i still want a reason to rake in bells after i finish the projects and my house.

SourPatchJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome tip! I never thought I was going to finish my cobblestone bridge. I can't wait to have easy access to both sides of the beach.

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do these sell for so much bells to the little girl who wants to play supermarket? Or will I have to wait until tomorrow to sell them to the place in my city?

gunningyoudown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@xseanzx: The little girl only sells up to 5% of what you get from Re-Tail. so no. not even close. waiting is worth it trust me

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've done it every night. Removing bushes and taking down the lower trees speeds up the process. Ever since, I've made about 1 million a night. I'm now up to 12 million in the bank, but it's becoming a major grind. I'm determined to get 100 million though for the top reward.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Well, of course. As soon as I figured out that the expensive bugs spawn on palm trees the next step was terraforming the island to suit my needs and basically cutting down all other trees and removing the flowers. I keep one inventory slot for my fishing rod though and catch sharks whenever they appear, but other than that, beetles is where it's at. At least until you get enough bells to start making substantial profits on the stalk market.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.