Heads up to European users

#1 Edited by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

Right now there's very high demand for a European DLC item known as the Shaved-Ice Lamp, which you can download at "Game Mania," or by changing your router's SSID to "_The Cloud." It isn't orderable in the catalog, and right now it sells for anywhere between 1 million to 2 million bells on most trading forums I've seen. I recently bought one for 1.6 million.

Plus, if you create a second player in your town, you can get another Shaved-Ice Lamp. Then you can delete that player, recreate them, and so on to get an unlimited amount of Shaved-Ice Lamps. This DLC is discontinued on Sunday, so it'll only rise in price. Just a heads up!

(Also, if any of you European users are willing to hook me up with a few more Shaved-Ice Lamps, I have tons of stuff that I could give you).

#2 Edited by Hailinel (24711 posts) -

@starfoxa said:

Right now there's very high demand for a European DLC item known as the Shaved-Ice Lamp, which you can download at "Game Mania," or by changing your router's SSID to "_The Cloud." It isn't orderable in the catalog, and right now it sells for anywhere between 1 million to 2 million bells on most trading forums I've seen. I recently bought one for 1.6 million.

Plus, if you create a second player in your town, you can get another Shaved-Ice Lamp. Then you can delete that player, recreate them, and so on to get an unlimited amount of Shaved-Ice Lamps. This DLC is discontinued on Sunday, so it'll only rise in price. Just a heads up!

(Also, if any of you European users are willing to hook me up with a few more Shaved-Ice Lamps, I have tons of stuff that I could give you).

Jesus, are people really that desperate to game the economy in New Leaf?

#3 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

@hailinel: It's not desperation as much as the simple fact that region exclusive items are in high demand on US centric websites. I've seen single items out of the 7/11 set go for as high as 12 million bells. A full set could easily go for over 50 million.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24711 posts) -

@starfoxa said:

@hailinel: It's not desperation as much as the simple fact that region exclusive items are in high demand on US centric websites. I've seen single items out of the 7/11 set go for as high as 12 million bells. A full set could easily go for over 50 million.

Either way, it's stupid.

#5 Edited by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

@hailinel: It's part of the game that I love! Spending exorbitant amounts of virtual money on virtual goods becomes a meta-game.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24711 posts) -

@starfoxa said:

@hailinel: It's part of the game that I love! Spending exorbitant amounts of virtual money on virtual goods becomes a meta-game.

It's stupid.

#7 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

@hailinel: It's stupid, but it's fun. And it gives the game more longevity. Being involved in the economic game makes me more invested in the game, more interested in playing, and in turn, makes the game more enjoyable in the long run. At least to me. But to each his own!

#8 Posted by Hailinel (24711 posts) -

@starfoxa said:

@hailinel: It's stupid, but it's fun. And it gives the game more longevity. Being involved in the economic game makes me more invested in the game, more interested in playing, and in turn, makes the game more enjoyable in the long run. At least to me. But to each his own!

Breaking the economy of a game meant to be played year round so you can buy everything in the span of a week is fun?

Fuck that shit.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@starfoxa said:

It's stupid.

Here's the thing about video games: they tend to be really fucking dumb.

#10 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

@hailinel: You can't break a player driven economy. It's defined by supply and demand. Flood the market and prices drop. That's why balloon items are undesirables, Nintendo items are falling in price, and regional DLC just keeps climbing in price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.