Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2012

The player takes the position of town mayor in this version of Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS.

I'm Addicted To Animal Crossing: New Leaf Already. Halp.

Haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Haziqonfire

Having only really played Animal Crossing: City Folk, I was a bit hesitant to pick up New Leaf, despite all the praise I heard about it. I just didn't find City Folk interesting at all. I never really played more than a few hours of City Folk before selling it.

However, I took the plunge and decided to pick New Leaf last night at midnight and I'm already enjoying it a lot more than City Folk. It's the first time I'm really experiencing what Animal Crossing is and it's been a joy.

However, I think I'm going a bit over the edge. I think I'm a little too addicted ...

... I even tweeted Drake ...

I love this game already x_x

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I'm really enjoying it so far as well. A big improvement over City Folk. City Folk was a huge disappointment for me and easily the worst in the series.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DystopiaX

Really liking it so far, the daily stuff (Fossils and fruit and whatnot) is keeping me from playing it in long bursts at a time though, as I didn't get a fishing rod (the real moneymaker from the only other AC game I played on the GC) and you can't do much with the shovel other than plant trees and get fossils. Got enough to pay the first down payment though (Nook is an even cheaper bastard before, you don't even get a fucking house). If I get my fishing rod tomorrow I'm going crazy though.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed myself so far, made my down payment on my house, made myself a nice suit design, got some sweet shades, and managed to even catch a couple of bees. Looking forward to them opening up some of the mayor and shop stuff though.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Really liking it so far, the daily stuff (Fossils and fruit and whatnot) is keeping me from playing it in long bursts at a time though, as I didn't get a fishing rod (the real moneymaker from the only other AC game I played on the GC) and you can't do much with the shovel other than plant trees and get fossils. Got enough to pay the first down payment though (Nook is an even cheaper bastard before, you don't even get a fucking house). If I get my fishing rod tomorrow I'm going crazy though.

If you keep asking Isabelle for advice over the counter she will eventually bring up fishing. When she does you can tell her that you don't have a fishing rod, and she will sell you one for 500 bells. Also, if you complete all of the activities she recommends she will give you a watering can.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n: Be grateful he gave you a tent. If you weren't mayor your ass would be out on the streets until you pay up.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

I'm digging it so far. I'll be happy to get a full on house tomorrow so that I can start filling it with junk.

No Caption Provided

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joeyoe31

It's pretty great so far. Although I think I've done everything you can do on the first day. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if I've missed something or not. Great improvement over City Folk and is evoking memories of Wild World.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax said:

If you keep asking Isabelle for advice over the counter she will eventually bring up fishing. When she does you can tell her that you don't have a fishing rod, and she will sell you one for 500 bells. Also, if you complete all of the activities she recommends she will give you a watering can.

WHAAAAAAAT

shit son

bought to fill up the museum with them bitches now

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MezZa

I'm enjoying it a lot. This is the first time since the gamecube version that I've had a sense of mystery about what kinds of stuff I'll be running into in the game. Unfortunately, I didn't get to start til after all the shops and stuff were closed for the night, so I spent my time gathering up the flowers around town and setting up a garden area. I don't remember a whole lot about how the plant breeding stuff works, but winging it should be pretty fun. I figured I might as well fill my pockets with shells to sell when the shop opens tomorrow as well. Really looking forward to the shops opening at 8. Especially Able Sisters so I can start to add some personality to my guy's look.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12 chaser324  Moderator

Honestly, the most mind-blowing moment so far was when I noticed the real-time messaging with "best friends". Bravo to Nintendo for actually including some decent social features, something that I generally don't expect from them.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

It's easily the most fun I've had with Animal Crossing since the GameCube. I've paid off my house, so I can move out of the hobo tent tomorrow and start decorating with the furniture I've already bought. Also need to stop by the Able Sisters and get some new duds. Still rocking the goofy striped starter shirt.

amani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By amani

I'm having a blast myself I gotta say. Been playing the GCN version for a month in preparation, was not expecting so much from the first game to make a come back. Heh, I'm as bad as you, payed my loan off and everything already.

Now I just need to work on my drawing skills. That Metroid Prime symbol isn't gonna draw itself...

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Chop

@haziqonfire: Drake lives in my town and as it turns out... he's a duck. He hasn't rapped at me yet, I'm waiting for it though.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#18 gamer_152  Moderator

There ain't no help for you now boy.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, you are boned for the next year or so now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.