Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2012

The player takes the position of town mayor in this version of Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS.

My stupid Animal Crossing obsession

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MideonNViscera

The past few weeks I've been waiting to get paid so I can go buy some sorely needed new clothes. Well I got paid today, but since I'm a vain asshole I can't buy clothes in my small town and therefore have to drive to the city to do so. I was planning to do this tomorrow. While reading Nintendo news I realized there's a Best Buy where I'm going too, and then discovered that starting Sunday I can get a raccoon clock there. So now my shopping day is pushed back 24 hours, because I want a raccoon clock in Animal Crossing.

I've been hardcore into Animal Crossing since the Gamecube. On the Wii my ex-girlfriend and her daughter lived in my town also, but they lived under oppression from me. I wanted a perfect town and a golden watering can, and their haphazard non-powergaming way of playing was a hindrance to that goal. It was super technical to get a perfect town in City Folk, and it was easy to fuck up. So I was the flower nazi.

Years before that my sister lent me her Gamecube and Animal Crossing. It was tougher in those days, because there was no online trading and even cheating with the code system was a hassle. Nonetheless I managed fish all day every day to get a golden statue of myself built in the middle of town. Inspired by my gold statue she completed the same tasks as me when I returned her Gamecube, and she only got a silver statue haha

For someone so notorious for calling everything gay, I sure seem to take my Animal Crossing seriously, which is the epitome of a game not meant to be taken seriously. These are my secret Animal Crossing shames. My question is, what stupid things have you done for the sake of this game, knowing full well how stupid they are? I am well aware I may be the only one on Earth with a shameful Animal Crossing story haha

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It's not necessarily shameful for me but when I was about 15 my mom was obsessed with Animal Crossing on the GCN, and completely forgot to pick me up from school because she was playing it. I didn't have a cell phone, and when I got home she was like "where were you???"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.