Nintendo's popular 'MMO', Animal Crossing, heads to 3DS!

#1 Posted by Willy105 (4686 posts) -

Now you can live your fake life in full 3D! 

And with 3D graphics, this might actually be the first graphical improvement the series has gotten since....ever.
#2 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

Oh damn, it's logroll again. =/ I really don't like that style.

Looks cool though--another Animal Crossing game, maybe I will actually keep up with this one, as I failed to with DS version.

#3 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5797 posts) -

Nice.  Those are great time-waster games, though a little more progression in the series would go a long ways.
#4 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

For some reason the characters look a little...off.

#5 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -
@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
" Nice.  Those are great time-waster games, though a little more progression in the series would go a long ways. "
Exactly my thoughts. I was one of those crazy people who seriously played the original for a whole year, but I only played Wild World and City Folk for a couple of weeks because of how rehashy they are. 

I also wished they would just go back to the acre system (as opposed to the logroll) and I agree with the above sentiments about the characters seeming a bit off. They seem too tall compared to the neighbors.
#6 Posted by DrRandle (1189 posts) -

Oh look, there's 250 hours in my future that I am going to lose.

#7 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

Is Tom Nook coming out of the 3DS to bust my kneecaps? SOLD!

#8 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

New Animal Crossing 3DS Footage

#9 Posted by FreakAche (2938 posts) -

Looks okay, but I haven't been a huge fan of the style these games adopted ever since the DS one. Everything just looks super weird. I really prefer the simplicity of the GameCube title.

#10 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -
@ashogo said:
" For some reason the characters look a little...off. "
It's like your main character dude got grabbed by the head and stretched upward. Actually everyone kind of looks like that. All just a little taller and skinnier.
#11 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

cool this looks interesting

#12 Posted by megalowho (935 posts) -
@ashogo said:
" For some reason the characters look a little...off. "
It's the arm movement for me. Freaks me out a bit.
#13 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

Unless it has the classic Nintendo games then I could give a shit.

#14 Posted by onarum (1946 posts) -

You will be able to play it on the 3DS at launch, just use the DS version, it will be the exact same thing anyway.

apart from the useless 3D gimmick of course.

#15 Posted by invadernick (260 posts) -

Those graphics look awesome! And I love animal crossing, it's so therapeutic.... definitely getting a 3DS now!

#16 Posted by YoungFrey (1319 posts) -

3 Nearly Identical Versions == I have no hope this will be anything but a reskin.   

It would be cool though.  I'm quite surprised there hasn't been a good Facebook rippoff of it yet. 
#17 Posted by JJOR64 (18784 posts) -

This game HAS to have StreetPass.

#18 Posted by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -

And everyone was super surprised!!!
Seriously tho, this seems like a game where both 3D and StreetPass would really, REALLY shine.

#19 Posted by JJOR64 (18784 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:
" And everyone was super surprised!!! Seriously tho, this seems like a game where both 3D and StreetPass would really, REALLY shine. "
Agreed.  I really hope Nintendo puts time into this game.  City Folk was disappointing.
#20 Posted by Dan_CiTi (2928 posts) -

@Willy105: Actually City Folk was a huge graphical upgrade from the GCN game. Though I agree with the acre thing, they need to bring that back, and the player characters just look too tall. I love improving the graphical fidelity and everything, making the UI better, maybe some more stylization here and there, adding depth and replay-ability to the game in all the right areas, but goddamn make the humans the right size.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.