Rebuilding your town

#1 Posted by Fonzy (19 posts) -

At the opening screen, one of the options is to rebuild your town. Does anyone know if rebuilding your town screws with everything you have collected? I just want a new town layout.

#2 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

Yes, it will screw everything up. Its basically the game's way of saying 'Erase All Data'. Don't do it unless you want to start a whole new game

#3 Posted by Fonzy (19 posts) -

You sure? That blows..

#4 Posted by Nude_Dude (1076 posts) -

Well, tough luck. I don't lime my town layout either, but I can't give away my 999,999,999 Bells stored at the bank, or all the Models I have collected, or all the upgrades of my house and Nooks' store, or all the Feathers from green to rainbow, or all the Golden Tools I have, or all the Animal Pics the villagers have given me. I just can't erase 3 years of my life.

#5 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
Nude_Dude said:
"Well, tough luck. I don't lime my town layout either, but I can't give away my 999,999,999 Bells stored at the bank, or all the Models I have collected, or all the upgrades of my house and Nooks' store, or all the Feathers from green to rainbow, or all the Golden Tools I have, or all the Animal Pics the villagers have given me. I just can't erase 3 years of my life."
lol 3 years ? sheesh thats dedication 
#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

It is basically like starting the game over from scratch...so you will lose everything.

#7 Posted by Keyser_Soze (1186 posts) -
Nude_Dude said:
"Well, tough luck. I don't lime my town layout either, but I can't give away my 999,999,999 Bells stored at the bank, or all the Models I have collected, or all the upgrades of my house and Nooks' store, or all the Feathers from green to rainbow, or all the Golden Tools I have, or all the Animal Pics the villagers have given me. I just can't erase 3 years of my life."
Dude.... take a step away from the game.
#8 Posted by Soap (3569 posts) -
Keyser_Soze said:
"Nude_Dude said:
Dude.... take a step away from the game."
don't step away to long though or you'll do what I did, and come back to a weed infested town that will take about 12 hours of solid work to fix up... not worth it.
#9 Posted by Nude_Dude (1076 posts) -
Soap said:
"Keyser_Soze said:
"Nude_Dude said:
Dude.... take a step away from the game."
don't step away to long though or you'll do what I did, and come back to a weed infested town that will take about 12 hours of solid work to fix up... not worth it."
This.
Oh, and don't think I am playing this every day. That was all I accomplished in one and a half year, and then I made very little progress. Last time I ventured through the town was about a couple of weeks ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.