Are you good at recognizing languages? Then help a brother out!

#1 Posted by BisonHero (7039 posts) -

So I got around to S-ranking Anomaly: Warzone Earth a few months ago. It's a pretty fun game.

But I've now been stripped of that S-rank, as they've added one new achievement. Nobody on Steam has the achievement yet, so I'm guessing it might have to do with a future content update that could be coming for the game. But to make things extra fun, the achievement isn't in English, for some reason.

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/mistrz-unikow/168538/

I don't know what language it is. Looks vaguely Eastern European, but what do I know? So instead of trying every available language on Google Translate, I put it to you guys: anybody able to tell me what this achievement is called, and what it wants you to do?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

So instead of trying every available language on Google Translate

Did you try "Detect Language"?

#3 Posted by Teoball (640 posts) -

Looks like Polish to me.

#4 Posted by Linkster7 (1043 posts) -

Polish would be my guess. The translator spit out this "Destroy the turrets guarding the 7 to Your hero has not been hit."

#5 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

Master evasive

Destroy the turrets guarding the 7 to Your hero has not been hit.

it`s polish.

#6 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

Its not french, I can tell you that at leace.

#7 Posted by Xolare (1285 posts) -

You could've googled it in Chrome and change the language from Polish to English. Or better yet, go to goggle translate and detect language.

#8 Posted by BisonHero (7039 posts) -

I tried detect language on just the title, which Google Translate somehow thought was Italian, and it translated into exactly the same thing since it's clearly not Italian.

However, yeah, good call, trying to translate the description does indeed reveal it to be Polish. Thanks guys!

#9 Posted by Winternet (8053 posts) -

@BisonHero: Another way to find it would go and see where the devs are from. They're Polish.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.