Antichamber's price?

#1 Posted by Porkellain (253 posts) -

Hey guys, after seeing Antichamber's QL yesterday and getting my mind blown, i decided to buy it. So I went to Steam and searched for the game, but there's no price in its page, which is strange since the game is unlocking in about 6 hours. I also got into Antichamber's site but then again, no price? Does anybody have any information on this? Is it even possible that this game is going FREE (I don't think so)?

Have a good time duders.

#2 Posted by Weltal (2275 posts) -

Yeah, kinda weird that there's no price listed, but I'd say it's a safe bet that it'll be between 10 and 15 dollars.

#3 Posted by Fearbeard (834 posts) -

It won't be free....

Since there is no pre-order option there is no price listed yet. When it's released the price will be updated.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (12415 posts) -

The price is your sanity.

#5 Posted by Porkellain (253 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

The price is your sanity.

And my exams too, but I'm totally ok with that.

#6 Edited by Vig02 (24 posts) -

Yeah, I've done searches in an attempt to find out how much this will cost as well. My current guess is between 10 to 20 dollars, with 15 dollars being the expected price. Steam will probably sell it at a discount for the first week. So if it turns out to be $19.99 it might still get a sale price of around $14.99 (for the first week).

Of course, I really don't expect it to be 20 bucks. I'm thinking 15 bucks with a sale price of $12.99? Either way I'm buying it.

#7 Posted by Mnemoidian (961 posts) -

Some recent Steam releases have only been given a price as they became available - I noticed it with Strike Suit Zero. Would not be surprised to find that that game was not the first to have that behavior. I am sure the will br a price in a few hours :)

#8 Posted by AssInAss (2744 posts) -

If it's under $25, I'm buying it.

#9 Posted by Eaxis (958 posts) -

I'll buy it if it's a reasonable price, I'm mostly annoyed by having to wait these hours before I can play it.

#10 Posted by zenmastah (990 posts) -

20e is my limit, maybe...

......probably not though the game looks insane.

#11 Posted by san_salvador (147 posts) -

15€ or less means autobuy. 90 minutes and we know.

#12 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

It's a non-euclidean price so you can't really know.

#13 Edited by Porkellain (253 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Can I pay with non euclidean Euros? Anyway, instabuy if it's around 15 Euros, else tomorrow because I have to recharge my credit card lol.

#14 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

From what I saw in the quick look I would pay 20 bucks for this game.

#15 Edited by zels (207 posts) -

One of the creators mentioned 15.

source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXty2JYIjPo

#16 Posted by cloudymusic (1230 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

If I put the game into my Steam cart, and then take it back out again, will it magically appear in my library?

#17 Posted by san_salvador (147 posts) -

@Keres said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

If I put the game into my Steam cart, and then take it back out again, will it magically appear in my library?

Probably... if you can find your library in the 4th dimension.

#18 Posted by cloudymusic (1230 posts) -

Price is up; $19.99 regular price, on sale to $14.99 for the first week.

#19 Posted by Krixok (85 posts) -

Its 20 dollars.

#20 Posted by Optix12 (625 posts) -

£11.24 is on the higher end of what I ideally would pay but it looks like I will like this game (seen 2 minutes of that quicklook then shut it off). Hopefully this game will have some longevity to it (I assume it naturally would with my inability to be very good at puzzle games).

#21 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

$20 or $15 untill the 6th.

#22 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

$20 or $15 untill the 6th.

Hmm. $20 seems like a bit much to me, so I'll just buy it now that it is $15. Game looks really interesting though!

#23 Posted by Porkellain (253 posts) -

@Tearhead: I second that. Better be LONG tho.

#24 Posted by MB (13110 posts) -

75% off within...two months or so? I know, support developers bla bla bla, but I should have my head examined for ever even considering to buy anything on Steam at full price.

#25 Posted by chilibean_3 (1695 posts) -

@MB said:

75% off within...two months or so? I know, support developers bla bla bla, but I should have my head examined for ever even considering to buy anything on Steam at full price.

Most of the time I'm with you but I it nooooooooooooooow!

/veruca salt

That said, lately it seems to take week instead of months to get a price break. I mean, I just picked up DmC for $20 already. What is even going on with game prices these days?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.