Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Antichamber

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 31, 2013

A first-person exploration/puzzle game set within a boldly-colored world with a focus on non-euclidean geometry and optical illusions.

Did I see the Ending...? (Spoilers, obviously)

DrFoxbard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DrFoxbard

The black cube went into a dome thing, made something like the game logo, then exploded, then my PC went to desktop, did the game crash or was that the end? I know I haven't gotten all of the signs, but I do have most of them, and what I saw was definitely AN ending, I just don't know if it's THE Ending.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThePaleKing

No. You saw...THE BEGINNING.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By RafaelMei

It's almost like the ending from Fez, but less trippy (I guess that's cause the game as a whole is tripping balls).

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eternalshades

You get the image on the bottom right corner the the wall, so I imagine that's the actual ending. Or at the very least the "first" ending, who knows what may happen if you complete the entire wall, or get to the ending before that timer expires.

I've just finished the game 4 hours played (according to steam, feels closer to 5). Still need to fill in 16 images. Screenshot of my current wall in the spoiler section.

I really enjoyed the game, but then again I've been a sucker for puzzlers since Myst. Glad GB brought it to my attention!

DrFoxbard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DrFoxbard

Replayed the ending, same thing, so that's good, I am annoyed that despite just finishing every room, I am still missing 4 pictures on the wall. Tomorrow or this weekend I am going to try to speed-run it, I'm not great, but it should go WAY faster knowing all the end game tricks, and I at least kinda remember where the paths are, so we may see if the timer changes anything.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Optix12

I feel there needs to be some spoiler blocks in here, even though thread title has the spoiler word in there. That said

@eternalshades: Tons of those rooms you can fast travel to and figure out:

With the red gun you only ever need 2 cubes and theres quite a few hidden rooms about the game itself which is really cool with my favourite being something labelled like "if you look behind the curtain you can see how its done" or something along those lines.
    envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By envane

i jsut finished it

,I didnt finish the tower , or get the red gun .. but yeh just did the black cube thing , also got to the dome by jumping off the map and landing there somehow hehe

my wall is missing a few spots too

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RafaelMei

Just completed my wall, I'll try the end again and see if it changes anything. Maybe the pink cube that's going all over the place has something to do with it too.

Also, @envane:

How on earth did you finish the game without the red gun? That's insane

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By abendlaender

@envane said:

i jsut finished it

,I didnt finish the tower , or get the red gun .. but yeh just did the black cube thing , also got to the dome by jumping off the map and landing there somehow hehe

my wall is missing a few spots too

What the fuck? How is this even possible?

I thought I saw the ending but after reading this thread apparently I was wrong

I found a room with the Antichamber Logo and a bunch of concept art (some of it looks like a regular FPS) and now I don't know where to go.
    EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Seen the ending, still a ton of missed drawings. Can I assume that spaces like these on my map are rooms I haven't found yet?

No Caption Provided
    RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RafaelMei

@EvilNiGHTS: Yes, those are rooms that still have exits you need to find.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Bollard

@EvilNiGHTS said:

Seen the ending, still a ton of missed drawings. Can I assume that spaces like these on my map are rooms I haven't found yet?

No Caption Provided

Yes, also, when you're in the room opposite the spawn room (behind the glass, with the exit door), look through the glass and you will see boxes on your map. Those boxes are areas you still need to visit.

@Abendlaender said:

I found a room with the Antichamber Logo and a bunch of concept art (some of it looks like a regular FPS) and now I don't know where to go.

There are a bunch of rooms with design details on the game, including that one. They're like bonus rooms at the end of the circular dead ends on the map. They're pretty awesome.

@eternalshades said:

I've just finished the game 4 hours played (according to steam, feels closer to 5). Still need to fill in 16 images. Screenshot of my current wall in the spoiler section.

That's faaaasst. Took me like 7 or 8 hours, but I only had 4 images left. One to go now, which is annoying cause I missed it somewhere in an earlier chamber and there's no indication where. Apparently (in the hint thread) a user said he did it in the timer, and nothing changed. He also speculated there might be a bonus room only there for the timer?

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By metalsnakezero

@ThePaleKing said:

No. You saw...THE BEGINNING.

That is a pretty interesting concept since it did back me out to the desktop and not leaving me in the room again.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By envane

@Musou: I pretty much brute forced or glitched my way thru some puzzles .. or so it felt like ...at one point i had to look for a single pixel sized gap with which to use the yellow gun.

5hours according to steam but I also did leave it sitting and running with the sound going while doing some chores.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By BBAlpert

@DrFoxbard said:

The black cube went into a dome thing, made something like the game logo, then exploded, then my PC went to desktop, did the game crash or was that the end? I know I haven't gotten all of the signs, but I do have most of them, and what I saw was definitely AN ending, I just don't know if it's THE Ending.

Do you think that the rubble joining to make the AC logo counts as a Late Title Card?

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By MistaSparkle

So, I've gotten all the pictures now and done two things in the weird 'end' area.

The first time I fell on accident when you are climbing up the steps. You keep falling and falling, so I pushed myself to one of the black dome things and stuck the black geometry man into the other cube and got the 'ending.'

The second time I made sure not to fall and made it all the way to the cube thing again but since there are walls around it I can't shoot the black thing into it...

So, I don't really know what to do yet. Also I still need to figure out what I'm missing in Connecting the Pieces. I don't think it has anything to do with the end of the game, but who knows.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Goboard

@MistaSparkle:

When I got there I just shot that cube below me raising me above the wall, grabbed it while I was standing on the wall and shot the cube at the floating one in the center of the platform. I also got all the hint pictures and finished every part of the map (except the ending map block) so I think I found everything except for that pink cube.

As for Connecting the pieces the best hint I can give you is...

Instead of going down, maybe you should go up
    MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By MistaSparkle

@Goboard: Fuck dude thanks! I've gone that way like 30 times but I guess I always got confused on the part after that...all done now, thanks again.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#19  Edited By Little_Socrates

M'kay. I just finished, four hours on Steam time, and have five squares left. I'm gonna go ahead and never play this game again now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.