Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Antichamber

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 31, 2013

A first-person exploration/puzzle game set within a boldly-colored world with a focus on non-euclidean geometry and optical illusions.

Official Antichamber puzzle hint thread!

• 182 results
    leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By leburgan

@Chavtheworld: I'm actually stuck on getting down there, it seems like every once in a while I glitch it and make it but not always....

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By leburgan

Anyone got a tip on falling forward?

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By superjoe
    thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By thatdudeguy
    superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By superjoe
    thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By thatdudeguy

@SuperJoe: Seriously? How had I not noticed that before!?! Thanks for the help!

Now I'm just down to The End and five missing pictures. The missing pictures are literally the last five (in sequence) on the wall along with the secret room pictures, so I must have missed them in dead ends. Gah! I guess I'll need to tour every dead end again!
    Chrisjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Chrisjp
    Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Grillbar

this was helpful when i found out you could do it. example best at getting the red gun.

delete a block that is on the laser then move the rest away. the block that you deleted will come back detatched from the rest making more easy to fill these out

order of getting the guns aparently some people dont know this

blue, green yellow and red. you dont need to do every puzzle to get them

minor thing

every gun can do what the previous gun could
    thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By thatdudeguy

@Chrisjp: You're totally right.

I heard discussion about The End and assumed everyone was talking about A Jump Too Far. I hadn't gone through that door yet. The final five pictures are all in The End. So I guess I'm at 100% as far as we know now.
    thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By thatdudeguy

@MistaSparkle: The concentric circles on the map mark the room that you just left to come to the antechamber, the X marks the room that you teleported to, and I think the map draws a thin black line to trace your route between the two. It was helpful in figuring out where I'd just gone.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Grillbar

lighting the fuse alternate method of completing.

draw a line that connects to from the first switch to the green block wall remove a block in the middle and the line will decentigrate towards the switch opening the door then throw a block under it to prop it up or draw a line under it. do this until you have all doors open. much easier and imo faster
    Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Grillbar

the only two rooms i need is in connecting the pieces, and leap of faith. can someone help since im totally stuck.

i might have cheated on the connecting the pieces bcuz i allready had the yellow gun when i needed to go though the green puzzle so i just moved them away and went though dont know if that why i diddent unlock that part of the map or theres something im missing.

really cant see how to get em.

on leap of faith its the left side and connecting the pieces its the right side part

ZeePal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114  Edited By MistaSparkle

@thatdudeguy said:

@MistaSparkle: The concentric circles on the map mark the room that you just left to come to the antechamber, the X marks the room that you teleported to, and I think the map draws a thin black line to trace your route between the two. It was helpful in figuring out where I'd just gone.

Oh! Thanks so much, that's pretty helpful.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Optix12

@SuperJoe said:

@thatdudeguy said:

Any hints for the final exit to Being an Entrepreneur?

The red gun can spit out more blocks than it sucks in.

I'd like to know how this is solved with only the yellow gun!

Thinking about your post and testing it its actually very possible.

Get back to the logic101 entrance with a couple extra blocks and remember what you learnt with the green gun and the yellow gun. May take much longer than the red gun but it would work.
    EDIT: unless: Im not sure if the red gun is the only one which allows you to move the cubes through some of those fields with the yellow gun power. I only learnt that trick after I had the red gun.:

EDIT: and i blasted through those puzzles in falling forward in around 10 minutes, i jsut got lucky with the 2 coloured balls. But i ran, pause quickly, walk and then forced my way through the door, setting off the blue, giving the green sometime to cool down and walking to hold off setting off the green again quickly

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Grillbar

and quick note you you can complete the game when as soon as you get the red gun. and that part is properly the best thing about the hole game

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#117  Edited By Bollard

@Zornack said:

@Chavtheworld: Hey, how do you activate no clip?

Funny you should say ghost...

To turn no clip on you need to enable the console, which you do by going to the folder the game is installed in then /UDKGame/Config/DefaultInput.ini <- edit this file, and delete the following lines:
    ;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Uncomment these to disable the console access
    ;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ConsoleKey=None
    TypeKey=None
    Then, press the ' key, or ~ depending on your keyboard region, and type ghost to activate no clip. To turn it off open it again and type walk.

Also let me know about that ghost type thing... That sounds crazy. What part of the end did you see it in?

@MistaSparkle said:

This may be kind of unrelated to the puzzles, but what does the spinning thing on the map represent? Is it a hint at where to go next? It's kind of like an X but more rounded...any help would be awesome thanks!

That is the last place you clicked on the map to go to. There will be a line coming from it to somewhere else which shows the path you walked, and a dot in the room you warped back home from.

@tankintheair315 said:

@Chavtheworld: I'm actually stuck on getting down there, it seems like every once in a while I glitch it and make it but not always....

Hitting a Wall yeah?

Here's what I recommend:

There are two jump pads that'll fling you back and forwards - there's no way to avoid them, at least not immediately. The easiest thing to do is go to the third jump pad (at the end, which throws you straight up) and see if you can't bring something back down with you to help you avoid the pads...

@Optix12 said:

EDIT: and i blasted through those puzzles in falling forward in around 10 minutes, i jsut got lucky with the 2 coloured balls. But i ran, pause quickly, walk and then forced my way through the door, setting off the blue, giving the green sometime to cool down and walking to hold off setting off the green again quickly

The second time I went there I got through the ball door really quickly. Also, the dev has said that Falling Forward is the hardest series of puzzles in the game, but he hasn't finished the ending yet!

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By MistaSparkle

Alright connecting the pieces is the only thing left besides the end...but I've explored ALL of connecting the pieces. There is nothing else there! Will try again in the morning, though.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#119  Edited By effache

okay so I'm stuck on two things right now, they look to be about the last ones but they're both related

I can't find the second exit to "Different Angles". I know the hint says check out the first room, with the circle on the wall, but I don't think I ever really figured out how those work. The second place I'm stuck is in "the chase" when you end up in a closed very tight room with the same type of circle on the wall in front of you. Any hints on these would be super great

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Optix12

@Chavtheworld: yea ive been having a look around with the no clip on for 20 minutes to see how hes laid things out/see if i could spot anything with the end, i cant actually find the ending zone yet lol. Found almost all of the rest of the rooms though.

EDIT: make sure im not spoiling anything

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Bollard

@effache said:

okay so I'm stuck on two things right now, they look to be about the last ones but they're both related

I can't find the second exit to "Different Angles". I know the hint says check out the first room, with the circle on the wall, but I don't think I ever really figured out how those work. The second place I'm stuck is in "the chase" when you end up in a closed very tight room with the same type of circle on the wall in front of you. Any hints on these would be super great

For Different Angles think of the portholes as "fixed viewpoints." The game has taught you before that sometimes things can change while you're not looking at them (or maybe when you're looking at something else...).

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By effache

@Chavtheworld: yeah figured it out right after I posted that

beat the game! my map is full I think, and I have all but 1 picture on my mural. I just have to try getting through the "falling forward" bonus puzzles, I think that's all I have left

really enjoyed this

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Bollard

@effache said:

@Chavtheworld: yeah figured it out right after I posted that

beat the game! my map is full I think, and I have all but 1 picture on my mural. I just have to try getting through the "falling forward" bonus puzzles, I think that's all I have left

really enjoyed this

I'm at the same place as you (apart from having done Falling Forward). It's an awesome game. I do hope the dev does go back and add to Falling Forward, like he suggested he might.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By effache

okay, just a couple more questions...

On the map there's a corridor leading out of "the end", I'm guessing that's just always there?

The last pic I'm missing is in between these twoon th emural, maybe someone knows where I would have missed it: One that says "new problems may require old solutions" or something like that, which is in the sixth level of climbing the tower. The other says "at times we need to view the world from someone else's perspective". They're both towards the bottom right of the mural. One has a guy pointing a shotgun at a cake

Lyfeforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Lyfeforce

Hey all.

Anyone got some hints on how to to complete "The Red Cross"?

I keep separating the blocks and moving them behind the glass, leaving me with no blocks to select and move in the open area. It's driving me to distraction!

Thanks kindly in advance!

Avatar image for thedeadcomedian
    TheDeadComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By TheDeadComedian

I'm stuck pretty early on. Rings Within Darkness anyone? I feel like I'm missing something super obvious.

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By asmo29a

Any tips on Pulling Both Ways? I managed to sperate the blocks once by pulling at one end and quickly RMBing one out of the middle - blocked two of the four lasers that way, but I'm not sure how I did it or if that's even the right thing to do.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By MistaSparkle

@Lyfeforce:

What I did was use the middle mouse button and right click until there is just one red block in the middle and then quickly slide it to one of the sides, separating it from the others. Then you repeat this until the door opens.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#129  Edited By dichemstys

So stuck on Lighting the Fuse. I know how to do it, but my fuse never goes off right and I can't seem to get the timing down.

oldbushie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By oldbushie
    PeterNied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By PeterNied

Any hints for getting the yellow gun?

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By effache

@oldbushie said:

I'm missing one picture on my mural. From what I can tell on a mural pic I found on the web, the one I'm missing has dominoes on it. Yet my map seems to be completely full except for The End (saving that for last). Any hints?

Edit: Never mind, I found it in the "Link in the Chain Reaction" puzzle.

http://www.aerobushentertainment.com/pics/random/Antichamber_Map.jpg

http://www.aerobushentertainment.com/pics/random/Antichamber_Mural.jpg

OK, the one picture I'm missing is the one of the cake that has a slice missing. Any idea where you found that one?

EDIT: nvm found it right after posting, that seems to happen quite a bit to me. all that's left are the falling forward puzzles which I might just save until there's something at the end of them

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#133  Edited By bkbroiler

@thatdudeguy said:

@Chavtheworld:

I'm talking about the room with a white cube containing a kinetic ball. I think Musou 's solution works, but after a few minutes of trying I couldn't disintigrate enough of the wall to walk through. The room name is Laying the Foundation.

oh god your second solution for chain reaction... holy SHIT i'm stupid.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By abendlaender

@asmo29a said:

Any tips on Pulling Both Ways? I managed to sperate the blocks once by pulling at one end and quickly RMBing one out of the middle - blocked two of the four lasers that way, but I'm not sure how I did it or if that's even the right thing to do.

Yeah, that's the right thing to do.

To seperate the blocks, you might just need to be a bit more patient.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Grillbar

@Lyfeforce said:

Hey all.

Anyone got some hints on how to to complete "The Red Cross"?

I keep separating the blocks and moving them behind the glass, leaving me with no blocks to select and move in the open area. It's driving me to distraction!

Thanks kindly in advance!

you need the red gun before you can complete that one. basically you can only use the blue gun for blue block, green for green and below yellow for yellow and below and finaly red for red and below. meaning its pretty much imposible to complete without the red gun. if you got that gun, then just use its ability.
    actually you can cheat your way though that puzzle with the yellow gun if want dont know if i should say how though
    Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Grillbar

@thatdudeguy said:

Any hints for the final exit to Being an Entrepreneur?

I need to produce 14 cubes from 5 available in the puzzle to open this door. If I could find four more, then I could "grow" the rest, but looking throughout this room, as well as exploring the rooms on either side haven't yielded any blocks. What am I missing here?
    okay what im about to say is going to make you feel stupid. its the main ability for the red gun, cant see how you could not have used it since your told how to do it when you get it. take out a minimum of 2 blocks hold down the middle buttom and left click the blocks wil multiply dont dont middle button and then right click. and there you got enough blocks. or continue to do that until you got enough blocks to paint the hole lvl red what ever you want
    Chrisjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Chrisjp

Huh, I thought it was just making a cube around yourself that would crash the game. Nope, the act of automatically filling in a cube will crash the game no matter where you are.

randomtguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By randomtguy

My map's completely filled out as far as I can tell, and none of the chambers are still represented by bigger squares, but I'm still missing three pieces. I don't suppose anyone's familiar enough with the game yet to be able to tell me where the missing puzzles are? Here's my wall:

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By fatalbanana

Haven't seen this answered yet and I'm pretty desperate. Whats up with Connecting The Pieces? There's a room I don't have to the right of it that I cant figure out how to get to. Also, I'm missing one of the Illustrations. It's the 24th one to the right of "The further we get the less help we need". Any help will be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance

zggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By zggurat
    lanster99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By lanster99

http://puu.sh/1WLMl Can anyone tell me how to get this room? I can't find any hints and I've even no clipped around trying to find it! I have everything else in the game done.... cheers

vegoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#142  Edited By vegoku

Hello - I have done everything in the game EXCEPT I am missing 1 black hint box...it is the 4th row, 11th picture between the broken tv and the mountain with a moon...on my map, the only place that I could see is a gap in the line between "Strength in Numbers" and "Taking Baby Steps". Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Here is a screen shot

No Caption Provided
    BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#143  Edited By BBAlpert

@effache said:

@oldbushie said:

I'm missing one picture on my mural. From what I can tell on a mural pic I found on the web, the one I'm missing has dominoes on it. Yet my map seems to be completely full except for The End (saving that for last). Any hints?

OK, the one picture I'm missing is the one of the cake that has a slice missing. Any idea where you found that one?

EDIT: nvm found it right after posting, that seems to happen quite a bit to me. all that's left are the falling forward puzzles which I might just save until there's something at the end of them

The only mural drawing I'm missing is the one on the 5th row from the top, second column from the right (between the guy on the old timey bike and the guy trying to push a cow). I'm pretty sure I've got all the map pieces, so I think I must have just passed through a room at some point without clicking on the drawing. I just can't figure out which room that was! >_<

My map:

My mural:

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By abendlaender

@vegoku:

I have that picture and you are right, there is a connection.

Edit: Wait, are you sure you are missing this? Cause this one is pretty simple

Just warp to Taking Baby Steps and go straight ahead. The picture is upstairs on the left side on the wall, you should see it immediately

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Bollard

@oldbushie said:

Is the one you found the one missing from that second image? I'm missing that too! Cheers for the location.

vegoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By vegoku

@Abendlaender: do you remember how to get that connection?

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By abendlaender

@vegoku:

Just warp to Taking Baby Steps and go straight ahead. The picture is upstairs on the left side of the wall, you should see it immediately

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By asmo29a

@lanster99: There's just an arrow connected to that exit, not a new room, which would explain why you can't find it anywhere. Try

starting from A Loop that Won't Close, go through the null zone to Too Many Lasers, turn around and walk back to where you started - to your left, instead of the closed green door that was there initially, you should now see a green room with one of the elaborate windows that lets you change rooms and links up to an earlier point in the game. Maybe that's the path missing on your map.

What the hell is the west exit of Leap of Faith? It's the only one I haven't got yet except for the End that won't fill in and the infamous, luck-based Laying the Foundation.

vegoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By vegoku

@Abendlaender: wow - that was like the easiest thing. haha Thanks for your help!!!

Auzei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Auzei

I'm missing 1 hint picture as well: http://www.uploadscreenshot.com/image/1865471/7738230 Anyone clues/hints to find it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.