Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Antichamber

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 31, 2013

A first-person exploration/puzzle game set within a boldly-colored world with a focus on non-euclidean geometry and optical illusions.

Official Antichamber puzzle hint thread!

• 182 results
    theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#151  Edited By theodacourt

Does anyone know what the map means? Does a round end mean I don't have the equipment to progress yet? A rectangle end surely means there's somewhere to go.... I've got no idea. If you do, help me!

If you could put it on the first post in this thread it would great too! I haven't found the map legend anywhere else!

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By Sil3n7

@theodacourt said:

Does anyone know what the map means? Does a round end mean I don't have the equipment to progress yet? A rectangle end surely means there's somewhere to go.... I've got no idea. If you do, help me!

If you could put it on the first post in this thread it would great too! I haven't found the map legend anywhere else!

I would like to know this as well

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#153  Edited By BBAlpert

@Sil3n7 said:

@theodacourt said:

I would like to know this as well

The round cul-de-sac things are dead ends.

Plompk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#154  Edited By Plompk

@theodacourt@Sil3n7: As far as I can tell round ends are dead ends, small squares are rooms you've completed and large squares are rooms you haven't.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#155  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@theodacourt said:

Arrow means it moves you to a completely different part of the map.

Circle means a dead end, you can't continue that way.

Square there are a few paths from this room

Square with a little rectangle, there is a path from this room you didn't discover yet.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By dichemstys

So does this game end? I just got the red gun and I'm wondering if it ends at a certain point or if the ending only comes when you find every exit or something?

eloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By eloj

"Just a little bit shy" is making me angry.

byronaltice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#158  Edited By byronaltice

I think I'm the only one having trouble with getting to "The End" from "A Jump To Far". When I teleport to A Jump Too Far, and turn around, there is just a red cube destruction field, with some cubes on the other side that I can't remove or anything to get past. I've completed EVERYthing else.

Test

Test

Test

byronaltice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By byronaltice

Removing until i figure out spoiiler tags

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#160  Edited By Eaxis

Feels good to have completed the game without any hints. Did not get stuck once. Was well structured and paced if you know what you're looking for.

Cool to see the different rooms with art from 2006-2012 and the gun blueprints. Now what the hell is the door under construction(DLC?) and that cute cube we push along?
    Chrisjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Chrisjp

@Apparatus_Unearth: Yes, it has an ending.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#162  Edited By dooscent
    No Caption Provided

I don't suppose anyone could nudge me in the direction to fill these gaps. Unfortunately, I have the map completely discovered (presumably, no big blocks remain).

Ah well.

Avatar image for justkevinpotter
    justkevinpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By justkevinpotter

So I haven't figured out a way to search for an answer to this because I can't seem to find a name for the room I'm in, but I'm mostly just wondering if I am missing something or if I don't have everything I need to solve the puzzle yet (7th room of Climbing the Tower).

I'm at that gate that you're warped to from the 7th room in Climbing the Tower (near Stairway to Heaven) that has a sort of u-shape behind glass on each side, with yellow blocks filling the right. I have the yellow gun but I can't move the blocks past the second corner on each side. Is this possible now? I'm very stuck :/

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Here is a picture to clarify. Can I do this with the yellow gun? Any help is appreciated.

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By asmo29a

@byronaltice said:

I think I'm the only one having trouble with getting to "The End" from "A Jump To Far". When I teleport to A Jump Too Far, and turn around, there is just a red cube destruction field, with some cubes on the other side that I can't remove or anything to get past. I've completed EVERYthing else.

If you've got the red gun, you can get past that wall. You probably just need to figure out what the red gun does exactly and take a closer look at that obstacle.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Maajin

@doosmacleod said:

No Caption Provided

I don't suppose anyone could nudge me in the direction to fill these gaps. Unfortunately, I have the map completely discovered (presumably, no big blocks remain).

Ah well.

I can help you with the one after the cakes. Go to "The Final Hurdle" follow the path to the left of the two doors until you find a closed door near an elevator and those elastic platforms. Jump down the platform (using cubes/chambers to hold it in place) and you will find it.

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#166  Edited By theodacourt

@Mr_Skeleton: Thanks alot, duder!

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By selbie

Has anyone seen that black glowing orb thing floating around the level? Does it show up again later?

randomtguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By randomtguy

@Maajin: Great, that was the last one I needed too (the other two showed up when I reloaded the game), thanks heaps.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By selbie

Nevermind...that shit blew my mind

bigjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By bigjames

Hello

I am missing one picture from the wall, and was hoping that someone can help me finding it.

No Caption Provided
    Zindu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Zindu

@bigjames: You can find it in the room: Learning to draw. :)

bigjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By bigjames

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By asmo29a

Could someone please tell me how to get to the section I'm missing here; it's got to be an exit off of "Leap of Faith" that I can't find.

Cheers

No Caption Provided
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#174  Edited By Winternet

I got to the "museum" room and now I don't even know what I am doing anymore. This game is pretty amazing.

TheDrarrven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By TheDrarrven

Hi there.

I am stuck after finishing the game all I have to do is to find one last one of those hinty-cardy-on-the-wally-thingies. http://i.imgur.com/dWuZTZI.png there's the link as to the map.

if it doesn't show then its the one that is 3rd up 3rd in from the bottom left corner.

Thanks in advance.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Maajin

@asmo29a said:

Could someone please tell me how to get to the section I'm missing here; it's got to be an exit off of "Leap of Faith" that I can't find.

Cheers

No Caption Provided

Isn't this the one where you have to look back from the "Walk?" message and stare at the eye until it closes?

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#177  Edited By tearhead

If anyone can help me out with these two pictures I'm missing, that would be great.

No Caption Provided
    asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By asmo29a

@Maajin: Well, shit. That was of course one of the first things I tried, but I never looked long enough at it because it takes a lot longer than the other eye wall to start blinking. Thanks!

realfunfuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#179  Edited By realfunfuneral

@TheDrarrven: That's the same one I had left. You just need to finish off A Link to the Past.

TheDoctor455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By TheDoctor455

Could someone please tell me how to use noclip?

I know HOW to solve "Climbing the Tower", but the game keeps clipping me through the blocks on the second 'climb'.

I know there are other, slower solutions to this puzzle, but I'd rather not bother with them because A) they're slow, and B) prone to failure because its very easy to fall off whatever setup you come up with. And I've already spent more time trying to fight this stupid bug than actually solving any of the other puzzles in this game. Thank you to whoever shows me how to use noclip.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#181  Edited By 49th

Where do I find this last picture of a statue?

No Caption Provided

I found the blank one in Not Enough Pieces but I have no idea where the other is.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Had to go through a forcefield and lose all my blocks.

darklingscribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed the description/hint for the puzzle "Now you see it" in the 1st post is a little off.

Here is how it works:

There is a way you can use the single cube in the alcove around the corner to solve this puzzle. You don't need to bring one with you.

When you first enter the puzzle's area keep you eye on the shut door you need to open and NEVER take your eye off of it. The moment you turn away, the door will change to a location that warps you back to the "Don't Look Down" room. As long as you keep the door in view you can walk around the corner into the alcove and grab that cube and use it to open the door. Just never turn away from the door and it is a piece of cake. It took me a while to figure this out.

I am still amazed that I managed to get through the whole game without looking at a FAQ/walkthrough

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#183  Edited By FakeKisser
    @jozzy said:

@theimmortalbum said:

@jozzy said:

I really don't like the part where if I am stuck I don't know if the puzzle is impossible or that I am just dumb. Can someone tell me if Too many lasers is doable with just the blue gun?

Nevermind, got a little further somewhere else.

Without spoiling too much, there's a concept in the game that once you get, you'll instantly know what puzzles you will be able to do and which you won't.

Yeah shortly after I got that concept. Which is typical of asking a question on a forum right :)

I had to look at a YouTube video to learn that concept. :(

This is a game where I hate having to use hints, because I want to discover everything myself. However, I've had to use two so far just to figure out what puzzles I can or can't solve with my current tools.

As with a lot of puzzles (in videogames or otherwise), it is often the case that people that think one way versus another have an easier or tougher time solving certain puzzles. When I was in college (majoring in Psychology), I saw several different puzzles in which certain very intelligent types of people (such as engineers) had a much harder time than others, simply due to the way their brain functioned. We can teach our brains to think certain ways (doing a lot of puzzles can do this), but some people are also just naturally a certain way.

Anyway, maybe I write all this to make myself feel better. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.