APB comes back from the grave; relaunching as F2P in 2011

#1 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
#2 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

I'm gonna get it when it goes free to play just because of the character creator...

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Chances are a lot is gonna be removed from the game and most of the content will be stuff you have to buy. Its not the same game. 

#4 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:

" Chances are a lot is gonna be removed from the game and most of the content will be stuff you have to buy. Its not the same game.  "

The character customization is free. This has been stated by the developers. 

As I am sure you have read in my last entry (Update Week 2) it clearly states that everyone will be able to customize FOR FREE (!).  

Stated here and here on the APB Reloaded blog. 
#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11802 posts) -
@KillyDarko said:
" I'm gonna get it when it goes free to play just because of the character creator... "
Yes, this. I love character creators =D
#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Origina1Penguin said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" Chances are a lot is gonna be removed from the game and most of the content will be stuff you have to buy. Its not the same game.  "

The character customization is free. This has been stated by the developers. 

As I am sure you have read in my last entry (Update Week 2) it clearly states that everyone will be able to customize FOR FREE (!).  

Stated here and here on the APB Reloaded blog.  "
I know that. Never said it was not. 
#7 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: Sorry, I meant to also mention they state they aren't using a pay-to-win model where you have to buy the best clothing and equipment. That's probably more what you were saying. Although a lot of words like "most" and "almost all" are thrown around quite a bit with those details. We'll just have to wait and see what they do with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.