Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

APB Reloaded

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Better known as the free-to-play "APB: Reloaded", APB is a MMO third-person shooter by the developers of Crackdown. Players choose between the hard-boiled law enforcers or the feared criminals as they try to stop the opposing faction's objectives.

Is this game any good?

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I have wanting to grab this game since it was announced,but about the mixed reviews i want to know what you guys think about it. 

Thoughts?

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ryax

i bought it and am having alot of fun with it. while playing i can see why it would be more fun with friends buts its still fun with a group of cooperative randoms. its still a little early so its a little rough around the edges but the game play is pretty good. alot like gta or saints row, the customization is really fum, but unlocking the shit you want is a bitch. all in all its a fun game and well worth the 10 optional dollars a month.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bunnymud

I'm having a good time.  It can get frustrating and there is a lot they need to fix up.....but still fun all around

Warskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Warskull

It is not very good, not for the price they are asking.  There are a lot of dumb design decisions with the missions and it really ends up becoming boring really fast.  The shooting is mediocre and favors camping, the missions tend to be one sides, players will upgraded guns will kill you before you can even get in range, and the driving isn't that great.  A lot of the chases boil down to the guy who runs away in a car wins, since all cars go about the same speed and its impossible to catch someone without another player shooting out your window. 

There is a lot of mediocre and poor things about the game.  It will be fun at first because its a new experience and exploring the cities is fun early on.  After a week or two you can ask these same people who are saying it is good and most of them will have stopped playing.  There is a reason they tried to put an embargo on reviews.  I think most players will end up quitting before they use up their 50 hours.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jams
    @Warskull said:
    " It is not very good, not for the price they are asking.  There are a lot of dumb design decisions with the missions and it really ends up becoming boring really fast.  The shooting is mediocre and favors camping, the missions tend to be one sides, players will upgraded guns will kill you before you can even get in range, and the driving isn't that great.  A lot of the chases boil down to the guy who runs away in a car wins, since all cars go about the same speed and its impossible to catch someone without another player shooting out your window.  There is a lot of mediocre and poor things about the game.  It will be fun at first because its a new experience and exploring the cities is fun early on.  After a week or two you can ask these same people who are saying it is good and most of them will have stopped playing.  There is a reason they tried to put an embargo on reviews.  I think most players will end up quitting before they use up their 50 hours. "
    I can agree with most of the stuff he says to an extent. I have been having a blast these past couple of days but have run into some real annoying walls that stop the fun in their tracks. That's the fact that no human skill is really involved, or maybe 30% is human skill, the rest is what upgrades you have. I shot a guy point blank getting off a couple shots before he shot back. He would win every time, because he had upgrades (on the same gun I was using without upgrades). It's like being handicapped and not being able to use your full potential of FPS skill. 

Oh yeah and criminals REEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYYYY hate the less than lethal guns and getting arrested. I mean they really hate it. You even get to hear them cuss at you over voip.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By zidd

what I've read suggests the following: If you like character creators go for it. if not then wait til they patch out the jank which may be soon who knows.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bunnymud

I was gonna ask you jams if your main gun atm has any upgrades.  Mine has a couple...just extra ammo in the clip, but it seems to help getting off a few extra rounds.  Bought it at the AH thingie.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jams
    @bunnymud said:
    " I was gonna ask you jams if your main gun atm has any upgrades.  Mine has a couple...just extra ammo in the clip, but it seems to help getting off a few extra rounds.  Bought it at the AH thingie. "
    just one for quick reload. That doesn't matter though because when I get matched against some one they some how aquired an NTEC that only takes a few shots to kill.
    bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bunnymud

Just got a 5% acc "shoot from the hip" upgrade....now......how to unlock upgrades on guns????

If you have a few extra bucks, hit up the AH.  I know this guy Hitman puts up good guns for cheap.

EDIT:  Also...tonight I was up agains a 4 player team with full....whatever it is, they had skulls and horns above them.  I got my ass handed to me, but I made good contact points for taking on such high level team.  And I did get some back up......but the instance I was in....I dunno.....the crims must have told their high threat lvl pals to come on, becuase there were like 8 of them and they were all running together

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jams
    @bunnymud said:
    " Just got a 5% acc "shoot from the hip" upgrade....now......how to unlock upgrades on guns????   If you have a few extra bucks, hit up the AH.  I know this guy Hitman puts up good guns for cheap.   EDIT:  Also...tonight I was up agains a 4 player team with full....whatever it is, they had skulls and horns above them.  I got my ass handed to me, but I made good contact points for taking on such high level team.  And I did get some back up......but the instance I was in....I dunno.....the crims must have told their high threat lvl pals to come on, becuase there were like 8 of them and they were all running together "
    Probably a high level clan or something

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.