It's a good game

#1 Posted by Nintendude (283 posts) -

It will get even better eventually, right now it's quite good and people seem to have lots of fun with it. I can't get into detail about the game at all but decided to post something small over here anyway.

#2 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

ummm Beta testers in APB are not allowed to talk about it, like at all ! but this seams pretty harmless

#3 Posted by Jeust (10631 posts) -
@Nintendude: I bet. I wouldn't think otherwise. The only tittle that could maybe be a rival to it would be a GTA online.
#4 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Toxic said:

" ummm Beta testers in APB are not allowed to talk about it, like at all ! but this seams pretty harmless "

Eh I don't think hes played it. I am sure they got people to sign something or what not. That or he wants to get in trouble lol.
#5 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

I did some beta testing, and my PC can't run it for shit. That is all. 

#6 Posted by Jeust (10631 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Toxic said:
" ummm Beta testers in APB are not allowed to talk about it, like at all ! but this seams pretty harmless "
Eh I don't think hes played it. I am sure they got people to sign something or what not.  "
Lol and what happened if a tester talked a bit? no one knows who he is anyway. The blessing and curse of the internet.
#7 Posted by MB (12376 posts) -
@Jeust said:
no one knows who he is anyway....
Unless Realtime Worlds sent over a legal request for information and we handed over all of the IP's an NDA breaker had ever accessed the site from, then they cross-referenced that with their own data. It's possible.
#8 Posted by Jeust (10631 posts) -
@MB: Yeap, but only for important breaches. I'm not seeing them losing time doing that because of small things. But thanks for proving me wrong. ^^
#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MB said:
" @Jeust said:
Unless Realtime Worlds sent over a legal request for information and we handed over all of the IP's an NDA breaker had ever accessed the site from, then they cross-referenced that with their own data. It's possible. "
ITS THE KBG I TELL YA! 
#10 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -
I'm sure Realtime Worlds will go straight to arms over someone saying "it's a good game" and "it's fun." Assuming you've played the beta, thanks for the reassurance, Nintendude.
#11 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Fripplebubby said:
" I did some beta testing, and my PC can't run it for shit. That is all.  "
#12 Posted by Mitch0712 (468 posts) -
@Nintendude:       so you really want the pirate hound of RTW to come after you?
#13 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

I remain intensely skeptical about that game, so far it does not look like a game for me.

#14 Posted by SharkMan (655 posts) -

this game is awful minus the customization.

#15 Posted by Ethan_Raiden (342 posts) -
" @Jeust said:
Unless Realtime Worlds sent over a legal request for information and we handed over all of the IP's an NDA breaker had ever accessed the site from, then they cross-referenced that with their own data. It's possible. "
lmao
#16 Posted by Jayzilla (2561 posts) -

so instead of wolf pelts you will have to collect contraband? yawn.

#17 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -
@SharkMan said:
" this game is awful minus the customization. "
Without trying to troll..
I can honestly agree that this is one of the worst games I have played this generation.

Will it get better?  I'm sure.  Is it worth the subscription + microtransaction costs?  Absolutely not.
#18 Posted by Seanebaby (41 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:   
Without trying to troll.. I can honestly agree that this is one of the worst games I have played this generation.   

I think that is a little unfair considering some games which came out this generation.   

Without trying to sound like some kind of fan-boy, I've been kinda enjoying myself in the game.  I've played it for a fair bit over the keys to the city event and pre-order early access.  The mission objectives are crazy boring (walk to point A , hit 'F' and wait for bar to fill) but the whole point of the game is the APB matchmaking system when a group on the opposing faction tries to stop you.  It's not the kind of thing I could spend hours on, but if I have a spare 30 minutes I can jump on quickly group up with random people and have a blast playing a team based 3rd person shooter in a city.   

If you are unsure watch some videos of it on youtube, it's pretty much what you see is what you get.  I can't see myself buying any more time after the 60 hours which come with the game unless they add more mechanics and features, but for now it will be a source of mindless fun.
#19 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -
@Fripplebubby said:
" I did some beta testing, and my PC can't run it for shit. That is all.  "

#20 Edited by Nintendude (283 posts) -

I still think the game is good enough for me but it's quite disappointing that they haven't added anything since the beginning of the beta. It's been ages since we started testing (2nd play group at least). Actually they seemed to only work with server issues and game balance during that whole time.

Currently the game is well worth the price because of that packed in 50 hours. Hopefully RTW won't screw things up and hold back their extra content release for too long because I think even those players who really like this game will start to wait for more stuff after they are done with their additional month or 20 hours of game time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.