Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ape Escape

Franchise »

Ape Escape is a franchise that revolves around catching those pesky monkeys any way you can using advanced technology.

Ape Escape Fury! Fury!

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Voxatron

Catch 'Em All Soon
     Catch 'Em All Soon
     So it was announced today that Ape Escape Fury! Fury! is looking at a summer release and considering that it's been already out in region 2 for what seems like forever it's finally about time. So, what do you guys think? PS Move: Ape Escape title do anything for you? I know it definitely wasn't the most popular early franchise, but just think Gal Gun but will Apes! 
    I mean how fun would that be right? right?
      Looks like someone's going to have pick up their
      Looks like someone's going to have pick up their "Time Net" again
     Well... At least it's definitely a fitting franchise to be on the Move especially with the whole net mechanic and all that other stuff. But anyway with things like Activision's grotesque Spyro remake in the works, it would certainly appear that a "revitalization" of these classic franchises could totally be a substantial trend if it were to continue. So I'm pretty sure this definitely will end up being used as some sort of gauge for any potential NA release of Ape Escape: 4 as well. Of course that's all dependent on whenever the "thing" finally decides to actually come out or even if at all. 

But nevertheless, so far the game's been slated to be a PSN downloadable only title and is going to feature 15 new levels(exclusive to the NA release), and gameplay wise the Move controller will be transforming into all sorts of gadgets along your quest of fighting Monkey tyranny. Which will hopefully help you out while you frantically attempt to "scoop, swat and target the plethora of monkeys". Your main goal of course will be to find Specter though, leader of the monkey invasion and hopefully you'll have bagged around 500 monkeys give or take along the way. But don't worry though! You'll be able to keep track of every single one via your handy-dandy "MonkeyPedia." Haha it 's just screaming originality isn't it?! lol  Well anyway I'm sure they'll have some crazy PS+ benefit to sweeten the pot come summer as well, so in my opinion it's definitely worth at least a potential look.
    zebraq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By zebraq

those monkeys are still a thing? huh, well since dead space extraction wasn't that bad as far a rail shooters go, I guess it could be fun.

zebraq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zebraq
    @drag said:

" Mini-game collection right?  I sure hope they're not using it to gauge reception for Ape Escape 4 because we might not ever get it.  "

looks sorta like it. I'm sure move people will be interested since it's still pretty much slim pickings, and I could swear they canceled Ape 4 guessing they re-announced it though.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By craigbo180
    @Panic_Switch:  Gal Gun with apes.......

you're sick.
    Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Voxatron
    @drag said:

" Mini-game collection right?  I sure hope they're not using it to gauge reception for Ape Escape 4 because we might not ever get it.  "

Nah it's mostly a rail shooter, but I'm pretty sure I heard something about a party mini game mode. I totally could just be spacing it though.
    Yeah I'll be really happy if I'm wrong, but who really even knows? It could just as easily create some buzz for the franchise then do something negative.

@craigbo180

said:

" @Panic_Switch:  Gal Gun with apes.......  you're sick. "

No Caption Provided
    GiantBomBster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GiantBomBster
    @craigbo180 said:

[InsertPlanet of the Apes Reference]

@Panic_Switch said:
    " @drag said:

Nah it's mostly a rail shooter, but I'm pretty sure I heard something about a party mini game mode. I totally could just be spacing it though.
    Yeah I'll be really happy if I'm wrong, but who really even knows? It could just as easily create some buzz for the franchise then do something negative.

@craigbo180

said:

No Caption Provided
    "
    ugh. I don't think anyone would want to play that Gal Gun. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.