Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Apple Inc.

Company »

Apple Inc., originally Apple Computer, is a computer company founded in 1977 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Famous for creating and owning both the software and hardware of their computers, they pursued this strategy in other consumer products, with the most notable being the iPod and iPhone.

Apple is the most overhyped thing since.........NEVER.

• 51 results
    chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By chewii101

Bloody hell. Mac this, iPhone that. All you Apple fanboys frustrate me. Bloody condesending douches. Not a single apple fan boy I have met in my life hasnt been condesending and a twat. And its even better, considering my damn English teach for all 4 years of high school is the biggest Mac humping d-bag around. Seriously. Doesnt shut the eff up about his precious apple until theres 5 mins left in class. Really? Always ranting about how great your damn computers are. I wouldnt be sick of Apple as much as if YOU PEOPLE STOPPED TELLING ME HOW APPLES AND MACS WILL SAVE THE DAMN HUMAN RACE.

So whats so bloody great about your overhyped company? Oooo your OS. Its so simple. Never gets a virus. So shiny and perfect. No. No. No. No. Windows is a completely competent OS with great features and is simple. Just that you apple fan boys are so far up ur own arses you cant look around and take a look. Never gets a virus? Really. That because NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOU. Guess what. You own fucking 7.6 of the ENTIRE MARKET SHARE. Here:
    There you effing go. Whats the point of a virus that can only attack 7.6% of computers? Get it through your head. No one wants to here about the glory of your damn computers. I could rant for ever and ever but then I would just be hypocritical. (Psst. Yes you mac humper. Your the one also raving bout your precious crap.)

iPods and iPhones? K. iPods are great product. HOWEVER. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT FROM YOU PEOPLE. iPhone? No thank you. Blackberry ftw. Oooo its touch screen. But its just like all the over things in Apple's catalog: a toy. I want a phone not a shiny piece of shit.

I'm done ranting about this crap. Bring it on Apple Fanboys. Bring it on.

*Edit* Yes, I realize I was over the line in this but.....anyhoo, I will make this a recurring segment: "[Insert Anything] is the most overhyped thing since......NEVER."

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By chewii101

Bloody hell. Mac this, iPhone that. All you Apple fanboys frustrate me. Bloody condesending douches. Not a single apple fan boy I have met in my life hasnt been condesending and a twat. And its even better, considering my damn English teach for all 4 years of high school is the biggest Mac humping d-bag around. Seriously. Doesnt shut the eff up about his precious apple until theres 5 mins left in class. Really? Always ranting about how great your damn computers are. I wouldnt be sick of Apple as much as if YOU PEOPLE STOPPED TELLING ME HOW APPLES AND MACS WILL SAVE THE DAMN HUMAN RACE.

So whats so bloody great about your overhyped company? Oooo your OS. Its so simple. Never gets a virus. So shiny and perfect. No. No. No. No. Windows is a completely competent OS with great features and is simple. Just that you apple fan boys are so far up ur own arses you cant look around and take a look. Never gets a virus? Really. That because NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOU. Guess what. You own fucking 7.6 of the ENTIRE MARKET SHARE. Here:
    There you effing go. Whats the point of a virus that can only attack 7.6% of computers? Get it through your head. No one wants to here about the glory of your damn computers. I could rant for ever and ever but then I would just be hypocritical. (Psst. Yes you mac humper. Your the one also raving bout your precious crap.)

iPods and iPhones? K. iPods are great product. HOWEVER. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT FROM YOU PEOPLE. iPhone? No thank you. Blackberry ftw. Oooo its touch screen. But its just like all the over things in Apple's catalog: a toy. I want a phone not a shiny piece of shit.

I'm done ranting about this crap. Bring it on Apple Fanboys. Bring it on.

*Edit* Yes, I realize I was over the line in this but.....anyhoo, I will make this a recurring segment: "[Insert Anything] is the most overhyped thing since......NEVER."

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Illmatic

I have a Windows Vista OS and an iPod touch. Have I blown a hole into an alternate dimension?

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I love my Mac and I love my iPod touch. Because they look nice. Because the UI looks nice. I don't really gloat though. I love my PC too.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Out_On_Bail

So you don't like Apple? Is that what your saying?

Axion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Axion

I rock Win7 on two machines, desktop and lappy, I don't own an Apple anything with one exception: iPhones are really goddamn good phones.

I also love Apple's piddly market share when they had a full two years of universal agreement that Vista sucks. This goes for Linux on Desktop fanboys, too, you had your best shot.

SaraHysaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SaraHysaro

Hmmmm...I kinda wish I was an apple fanboy or someone who's dealt with said fanboys so I could make a worthwhile response to this post.

I will agree with you on a couple points though. Macs don't get viruses because they're not the majority right now. If they ever make the transition to popularity (in the form of becoming the new majority) then that perk will go away, unfortunately.

And who would waste the best subject in the history of the world to talk about technology?!?! Granted I'm an English fangirl who loved every minute of class, but surely an English teacher ought to be as hyped up about his/her subject as I, a mere student, am! What a waste.

The Mac commercials are a bit amusing though, even if you probably dislike them due to the hassle you have to put up with about people raving about it.

Anyways...feel better now? Ranting is nice to get things off your chest. =)

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Radar

Self righteous Windows user pissed at self righteous Mac users.

Cool story bro.

xjrodriguez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xjrodriguez
    ......................................__................................................
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........ 
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jimbo
    @Chewii101 said:
    "iPhone? No thank you. Blackberry ftw."
    That shit is fucking racist.
    Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

And you're so much better. B-b-blog it!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai

GERRRRRRRRRRERRRRRRRRRRRERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By harrisonave
    @Illmatic said:
    " I have a Windows Vista OS and an iPod touch. Have I blown a hole into an alternate dimension? "
    This.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CL60

I'm facepalming right now.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nasar7

My main computer is a Mac with Win7 on dual boot for playing PC games. Nobody cares about Mac fanboys that hate on Windows, just like nobody cares about Windows fanboys that hate on Macs.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cloneslayer

I like apple things, I hate apple users. and apple commercials, god those suck

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RsistncE

Most epic rant. Ever.

I'm on your side though bro, don't worry. Apple pays enough for advertising already, there's no need for it's customers to turn into the A-Team of self appointed bitch sheep to work as human ad campaigns. It can get pretty annoying.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By oldschool

Chewel, I suggest that you would become a much better person if you listened to your teacher and bought a Mac.  You will calm down and your life will be better  :-)

I wrote a long and considered response as a Mac user, but I accidentally hit the wrong button and lost it and now I can't be bothered re-typing it.  Short version though - Mac better than a Windows PC and the best of both worlds unless you have a big wallet for all the updating to keep up because you like high-end killing games.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Brendan

I will say that although your rant was totally pointless, Mac users are in the top three for most annoying people I've ever met. 

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RetroIce4

RAGE /thread

Epic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Epic1990
    @oldschool said:
    " Chewel, I suggest that you would become a much better person if you listened to your teacher and bought a Mac.  You will calm down and your life will be better  :-)

I wrote a long and considered response as a Mac user, but I accidentally hit the wrong button and lost it and now I can't be bothered re-typing it.  Short version though - Mac better than a Windows PC and the best of both worlds unless you have a big wallet for all the updating to keep up because you like high-end killing games.
    "
    I think i'm going to go install OSX on a pc now.
    Clbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21  Edited By Clbull

I think you're making a good point there, apart from the fact that iPhones aren't crap (but are actually quite decent). But I do think Apple is overrated, and that their products are quite expensive.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordukai
    @Brendan said:
    " I will say that although your rant was totally pointless, Mac users are in the top three for most annoying people I've ever met.  "
    And 360 and ps3 fanboys are way better, right?! 
    I think fanboyism of any kind is pretty annoying. I think the word 'Fanboy' is tossed around a lot lately in these forums. I think part of the problem is that people are mistaking product support for fanboyism. Look at this web site for example. It was made using a mac. The staff at giant bomb uses macs to monitor the site. Jeff openly admitted that his main computer is mac. So does that make them macs fanboys?

You can also say the same thing for windows users too, you know. Though from the other side of the spectrum. I have met Windows users that have an ego the size of a small african country, does that mean that all Windows users are egotistical?. The most funny part about Hardcore Windows users and MS fanboys in General is that most of them hate a product that they don't use and never intend on using so their argument becomes invalid. 

Bottom line is that there is room for all three major OS's. Be it OSX, Windows or Linux. 
    Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bald3rdash

Well I hope you know that most fanboys are going to be condescending twats.  Just a heads up; don't nobody like fanboys except for their fellow morons.  Now yes, the Mac fanboy demographic comes off as even more assholeish.  Don't know why, but "hurr hurr I'm arty" seems to account for roughly 50% of their sentences. 

Now I myself use a Mac, but I'm also not a cockbag.  Veird, no?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By oldschool
    @Epic1990 said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " Chewel, I suggest that you would become a much better person if you listened to your teacher and bought a Mac.  You will calm down and your life will be better  :-)

"
    I think i'm going to go install OSX on a pc now.
    "
    That will end civilisation as we know it  :-)

Seriously though, the best of anything is whatever does what you want it to do and enjoy it.  Outside of that, who cares what anyone says or thinks.  I don't argue with PC users as I don't really care.  Just as I don't care what others play on consoles.  My Nintendo suits me fine and my 360 adds a little on the side.  Why do people expend so much time and energy on things they don't like?
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CoverlessTech

All fanboys are condensing twats. That is pretty much the definition of fanboy. You can like apple and their products without being a fanboy but I must admit most apple users I have meet are in fact apple fanboys.

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By chewii101
    @Epic1990: lol :P 
    Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

The problem with this argument is that the Giant Bomb app is only on the appstore. No Blackberries yet.

Still, I'm fine with Vista on my desktop. No viruses, no problems (except my TV tuner, something's up with that and I don't know what...). I'll probably never own any sort of Mac product other than the IPod and I'm ok with that.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

welt i tried looking for a fanboy picture but couldn't find any good ones.

apples are meh. their computers are way more expensive then windows. if u want to upgrade the RAM for mac's it's like $100, but windows it all depends on what kind of RAM u get. it's all has to do with who u buy it from also. i use both windows and macs. macs at school and windows at home. some of the programs for macs are bad compared to the same program on windows.

i'm debating on getting a mac or not. i'm studying multimedia and i would need adobe product for doing that kind of stuff. they both are for windows and macs.

another thing i think some people just get macs because it's a fad type of thing.

ipods are useless. i have a friend that really has just about every single ipod out there. i was just like why have so many ipods with the same music on them? he had a big one then he got a slim and now he has a ipod touch.  it's kind of meh for it. it's the same thing as iphone just it plays music. iphones are expensive to get. i know two people that have an iphone. he said that he paid $200 for it.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pibo47

I want brutal legend. How about you guys? And i hate apple.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sabata
    @Jimbo said:
    " @Chewii101 said:
    "iPhone? No thank you. Blackberry ftw."
    That shit is fucking racist. "
    Yeah it's AFRICAN-AMERICANberry you FUCK
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_A_Drain

I hate macs but... even I have to say...

Cool story, bro!

Bouz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bouz
    @Radar said:
    " Self righteous Windows user pissed at self righteous Mac users. "
    I can't wait for self righteous Google chrome user pissed at self righteous Linux user.
    NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By NickM

As a Mac user I never really talk Apple stuff. When I do, however, its because of dumb Windows fanboys like you who start talking crap about a great computer, claiming how horrible it is. So, naturally, I have to school them. This of course only results in them running away crying like a baby and making a thread about how horrible Apple and its users are. Most of the time, if you avoid being a Windows fanboy in the first place, the world would be a much better place

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Lol, people and their odd loyalties amuse me.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Benjaminvdv

I feel like ranting about how people rant in such a stupid way about Apple.

I personally do not own a single Apple product, iPod's costs too much, the iPhone aswell besides it lacks some serious features, and well, I have no use for a over-priced PC.
    But here is the thing though, you go overboard, you say people don't make virusses for Apple because they don't have enough users, well I personally don't even know if there are virusses out there for it, but if Apple really controls 7.6% of the market, then i'd say that's the best target you could ever think off, not only would you be able to attack all 7.6% of them as they wouldn't expect it, but they couldn't fix it as easily either. How many Windows PC's do you think get infected by most virusses? Trust me that number is a lot lower as most people keep their software updated.

You are comparing iPhone to a Blackberry... I would never buy either of them, they are both limited, webbrowsing just can't be done properly, especially on a Blackberry which doesn't have a touchscreen and not to mention that they are huge. If you are gonna argue PDA like phones then both are a bad choice, personally I'm using a Xperia, it's resolution is 2.5 times as high (480x800), touchscreen, GPS, full qwerty (slide out keyboard), HSDPA/HSUPA, etc etc, basicly it has everything that you can have on a phone right now, and the best part is, while it is a little thicker (based on the latest Blackberry model), it isn't as wide as a Blackberry making it actually a normal phone to hold.

As for the iPod is great part... really? Based on what? They are just MP3 players, it's not exactly hard to make those, incase you didn't noticed, you pay for the apple on the back, brands such as Creative sell their players for a lot less and guess what, they been in the business of making audio chips a lot longer then Apple has.

I truely don't know what you were trying to proof with this thread, because we all know Apple is way too expensive considering what you get in return, but you are lacking some serious arguments as to exactly why this all is.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hitchenson

Eh, I'm not a great fan of Apple myself but...

Cool story, bro.
    Cool story, bro.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ahriman22

This is me not caring.

I have Ubuntu, Vista, OSX, Backtrack 3 and W7 RC on my PC. So fuck you all.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cspiffo

Wow....Just wow...I don't really know what to say...I'm speechless.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#40  Edited By citizenkane

I hate Apple fanboys as much as the next guy, but maybe you need to turn it down one notch or two.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By AURON570

good read xD

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 02sfraser

right.... i do have a Mac with Mac OSX Snow Leopard on it AND Windows 7 Pro the greatest Windows OS of all time according to everyone. I understand most Apple users do go over the line but we have reason to think our machines our better. I have had mine for 6 months now and has crashed once and that is because WoW disconnected from the servers. My last laptop, a dell with vista, crashed 6 times before i even set it up and after 3 months the fan started dying and screen started becoming loose. I just think as a machine that is easy to use and just works without annoying me. Every time i log onto Windows 7 i just get annoyed because it doesn't do what i want. Just refuses and then usually shuts down in a huff. Again i agree most Apple users are a pain in the ass but there are us who prefer their products with reason. 

you should watch this actually. i think you would enjoy :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

Also i really hate the argument of apple users don't get viruses because no one cares about us. There was plenty of viruses for Apple before OS X and also i just don't understand how that is a negative in any way haha

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Von
    @Chewii101 said:
     Never gets a virus? Really. That because NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOU. Guess what. You own fucking 7.6 of the ENTIRE MARKET SHARE. Here:
    There you effing go. Whats the point of a virus that can only attack 7.6% of computers? Get it through your head. No one wants to here about the glory of your damn computers. 
    "
    If you're going to complain, then at least get your facts straight. No, market share and popularity does not count when it comes to viruses on macs. The system architecture is not like Windows, but like UNIX. Heard of those widespread viruses on *nix machines? Me neither, since infecting those OS's are harder, even with unpatched out-of-the-box distros. And remember that we're talking viruses here, not trojans. Trojans are always going to be present on any operating system due to the flaws of the user himself.

So read up, and then come back with constructive criticism.
    Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By Jambones

I do think Apple products are over-hyped, but the iPhone seems pretty solid from what I gather. The price point is too rich for me, but if I could afford to buy and maintain one I wouldn't mind. But to each their own. 

Also, as someone already pointed out, Fanboys of anything are generally douchebags.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HandsomeDead

I've seen a few posts round here with people saying how much they hate Apple fanboys but i've never really seen it the opposite. Why do you care so much?

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#46  Edited By the8bitNacho

There's a lot of random hate for Apple popping up on these forums lately.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47  Edited By Geno

Apple makes a bad, overpriced line of computers that come with an underwhelming OS. However I think what they've done with their iPhone and iPod products is pretty good. Mac or PC just depends on if you're a low-end/high-end user, really. But yeah, anyone who talks about anything incessantly is rather annoying. 

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Von

I'm curious, what's so underwhelming about OS X?

tooPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tooPrime

I understand.  Several people I know masturbate to the Steve Jobs Temple regularly, which is quite annoying.   It's always, "Hey, let's watch this latest Apple commercial together!  Hey, did you watch the latest Apple press conference?  They talked about incremental features I don't even want or understand but am willing to play several hundred dollars for!"   I was in this time consuming group project, and I was trying to get people to do shit and every time I turned around every single one of them were dicking around on their iPhones.  They had the attention spans of nats. 

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By Kazona

Down with Apple! Down with Apple! Down with the spawn of Satan!!!!!

*hides his iPhone..*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.