Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Apple Inc.

Company »

Apple Inc., originally Apple Computer, is a computer company founded in 1977 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Famous for creating and owning both the software and hardware of their computers, they pursued this strategy in other consumer products, with the most notable being the iPod and iPhone.

Apple's iPad: Still Not A Game Machine

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#101  Edited By AndrewB
    @Apathylad said:
    " CheapyD from CAG tweeted "iPass" on this subject. Strange thing is, this tablet makes me want to buy an iPhone. I have a T-Mobile family account though..hm... "
    I suggest Nexus One.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I'll just stick with my laptop, that has flash and a camera lol.

InsanePotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By InsanePotato

iTampon is the correct term

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#104  Edited By moelarrycurly

The iPad will be Apple's Virtual Boy.  I'm calling it now.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By jack_daniels

The bezel is so fucking huge.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#107  Edited By thatfrood
    @AndrewB said:
    " @Apathylad said:
    " CheapyD from CAG tweeted "iPass" on this subject. Strange thing is, this tablet makes me want to buy an iPhone. I have a T-Mobile family account though..hm... "
    I suggest Nexus One. "
    that's what I was about to say! Android is sexxxy.
    Derios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Derios

I mean this literally seems like just a larger ipod touch, with 3G if you want to stop eating for a month.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#109  Edited By AndrewB
    @Babble said:
    " @moelarrycurly said:
    " The iPad will be Apple's Virtual Boy.  I'm calling it now. "
    Considering most people were pretty adamant that the iPod would fail, I think any predictions are better off not made. "
    Yeah, I'm genuinely surprised to think that the general consensus about the iPad is negative, but even taking that into account,  I'm still not willing to put out any sort of predictions on how popular it will be. It's still grabbed the attention of the mainstream media more than most tech devices do.
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#111  Edited By SSully

I was thinking this might replace my kindle in 2 or more years, but from the looks of it, that is not going to happen. Just a big screen ipod touch.

dark1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By dark1024

But... its new and from apple, BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!! 

J/k looks like someone with an ipod/mac book is already covered

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#113  Edited By thatfrood
    @AndrewB said:
    " @Babble said:
    " @moelarrycurly said:
    " The iPad will be Apple's Virtual Boy.  I'm calling it now. "
    Considering most people were pretty adamant that the iPod would fail, I think any predictions are better off not made. "
    Yeah, I'm genuinely surprised to think that the general consensus about the iPad is negative, but even taking that into account,  I'm still not willing to put out any sort of predictions on how popular it will be. It's still grabbed the attention of the mainstream media more than most tech devices do. "
    I think you have a point about the negativity. After having given it some more thought, I think the iPad's biggest strength is going to be the app store. It's obviously not some multi-tasking machine (it can't multitask, period), but I can imagine a lot of clever apps for this thing.
    Sadly, though, that really isn't enough to get me to buy it. I can already do what I need to do, and very efficiently. The iPad would be a nice thing to play around with, some of the apps I'm sure will be very interesting and cool looking, but in the end... not what I'm looking for in a piece of hardware.

Which I guess is why android and the nexus are more appealing to me. I can make that phone very efficient by customizing it to the degree that isn't just a collection of personal apps.

Although I don't feel like this is going to be as revolutionary as the iPhone or the iPod.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#114  Edited By Addfwyn
    @orionw said:
    " oduct to come out.  But I think we can all agree that it isn't a gaming platform, and trying to market it as one just won't work. "
    Mandatory? Sure i don't live in the US and have no idea how it works there but there sure as hell isn't a mandatory contract with a 3G carrier to get a netbook here in Finland and i bet you can get one in the US too without any contracts. Here you go samsung n120 (~$399) a netbook that is $100 cheaper and does what the iPad does and much more that's just the first one that came to mind i'm sure there are even better alternatives. Also keep in mind the $499 iPad is only the 16GB  version with WiFi and no 3G, going all the way up to $829 for 64GB and 3G.
    "
    So I'm not seeing the n120 having the capability of a multitouch displayed backed by a robust user-drive app store anywhere for the format.  This is exactly what I mean, the iPad is NOT a netbook.  It's a new device niche.   It can do things netbooks cannot because of the input model.  Sure right now it plays media (which a netbook can indeed do, albeit not quite as smoothly) and serves as an ebook reader (something most netbooks are slightly more limited with).  But there is an undeniable potential for user-generated apps that take advantage of the tablet in a multitude of ways.  Look at the Brushes app, that was developed in two weeks and is a relatively robust painting tool.  What can be done in more time than that?  What iPhone apps have really revolutionized the portable market?  Now imagine that on a larger scale with a device that has a lot more options (hardware and input wise).  See what I'm getting at?  You're making the mistake of comparing the iPad to a device that is in an entirely different market.

Yeah, I don't plan to get the 3G model, but I will have to wait for it to come out here in Japan in June.  Wifi is common enough I just don't need the 3G connection,unless it's dirt cheap over here (which it might be).  So yeah, I'll probably get the $499 one.
    fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By fallen_elite
    @orionw said:
    " @Addfwyn said:

"...Also the incredibly cheap price point for the device is gonna be a huge boon for it. "

Are you actually serious? Apple fanboys never cease to amaze me.. The device is way overpriced. You get more powerful netbooks/laptops for a price lower than the iPad.
    I would like to know if you are serious to be honest. I agree but I don't think that is the mindset of most people. I also don't think that this iPad is directly comparable to netbooks and/ or notebooks. I see it appealing to those who have very little knowledge of computers or those who want a dedicated device for browsing the internet. I personally see the appeal in using it as a dedicated internet tablet.
    kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#116  Edited By kenzo287

let's talk about the price. 500 bucks? for real? I could get a laptop that does everything that thing does and more for that price, in fact last year i did. of course no touch screen but i prefer a mouse anyways

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Addfwyn

I honestly don't understand people complaining about a device that costs $500 when every analyst was predicting $999. 

It's half the price everyone expected, and you're still complaining?  I'm not sure exactly what you wanted then, $99?  $199?  The device would have been utterly useless at those pricepoints, it's packing a lot of value into a $500 package right now.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118  Edited By RenegadeSaint

So who is this thing aimed at?  Perhaps it will sell on name alone, but I'm not sure who actually benefits from buying this (beside Apple of course).

Avatar image for deactivated-61c8f6f078fa4
    deactivated-61c8f6f078fa4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You summed up my feelings on it quite well.   Actually as far as gaming I didn't really have any expections, I like controllers and not casual games.   But I was figuring that if it was the most important thing Steve Jobs had ever done it was obviously going to be way more than a big iPod.   And, oh look, its a big iPod.   

As a business person I have to have my Blackberry and laptop with me no matter what.  The iPad does nothing unique or in a unique matter that would make me want to use it.   I think it will be a must-have accessory for tweens and college kids......actually if I was a person with no computer or internet access,  getting a ipad with 30 month data plan could be a great deal.  But how many people do you know who fall into that category (luddite-esque) and would be willing to pay 650 on a unit without a physical keyboard standard?  

cassus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By cassus

I still don't get why people are comparing it to all sorts of crap they already have. Why compare it to a netbook? They are pretty much useless (to me, as are laptops). You can use them to browse the web and read mail, that's pretty much it. Any application just slows it to a crawl. There's no software written especially for them, which they kinda need, seeing as they have the computing power of a graphing calculator. And the screens, for the most part, are so rubbish that 20 minutes is pretty much all i can handle. Still, they get the job done and that's all cool. If what you "need" an iPad for is just the stuff you do on the devices you already have, then pffs, what? Use what you have.   

Again.. It's not supposed to replace laptops or phones or ipods. .. If anything, it's closest competitor would be the new e-book readers that have been popping up lately with support for video and web browsing and stuff like that. 

Tablets have been around forever, but right now is really the time to launch a strong tablet device, and apple knew it. And so did everyone else, if CES is anything to go by. The only computer manufacturers that didn't launch a tablet this year were the ones who held out to see what apple was going to release. Go diss them instead, cause they are way more likely to fail.  

App store is key.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By lamegame621

iPad makes me think of customizable menstruation.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Addfwyn
    @cassus said:
    " I still don't get why people are comparing it to all sorts of crap they already have. Why compare it to a netbook? They are pretty much useless (to me, as are laptops). You can use them to browse the web and read mail, that's pretty much it. Any application just slows it to a crawl. There's no software written especially for them, which they kinda need, seeing as they have the computing power of a graphing calculator. And the screens, for the most part, are so rubbish that 20 minutes is pretty much all i can handle. Still, they get the job done and that's all cool. If what you "need" an iPad for is just the stuff you do on the devices you already have, then pffs, what? Use what you have.   Again.. It's not supposed to replace laptops or phones or ipods. .. If anything, it's closest competitor would be the new e-book readers that have been popping up lately with support for video and web browsing and stuff like that.    Tablets have been around forever, but right now is really the time to launch a strong tablet device, and apple knew it. And so did everyone else, if CES is anything to go by. The only computer manufacturers that didn't launch a tablet this year were the ones who held out to see what apple was going to release. Go diss them instead, cause they are way more likely to fail.   App store is key. "
    Exactly, I couldn't have said it better.  It's not a netbook, it's a device that can have products specifically written for it, and the app store is where that will come forth and cause the device to succeed (or fail, honestly).  You're right in the closest competitors being the specialized ebook readers, but even then I think it's not quite in the same niche. 

I think the biggest problem is people are trying to label it in one of the niches they are used to, and it is its own new device.  It's not a laptop, a smartphone, an ebook reader, or a netbook.  It's a tablet computer, maybe 'personal tablet' being a good name for the niche it creates.  Don't expect it to be the only one in that category either, even if it is the first.
    cassus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By cassus
    @Addfwyn said:
    " @cassus said:
    " I still don't get why people are comparing it to all sorts of crap they already have. Why compare it to a netbook? They are pretty much useless (to me, as are laptops). You can use them to browse the web and read mail, that's pretty much it. Any application just slows it to a crawl. There's no software written especially for them, which they kinda need, seeing as they have the computing power of a graphing calculator. And the screens, for the most part, are so rubbish that 20 minutes is pretty much all i can handle. Still, they get the job done and that's all cool. If what you "need" an iPad for is just the stuff you do on the devices you already have, then pffs, what? Use what you have.   Again.. It's not supposed to replace laptops or phones or ipods. .. If anything, it's closest competitor would be the new e-book readers that have been popping up lately with support for video and web browsing and stuff like that.    Tablets have been around forever, but right now is really the time to launch a strong tablet device, and apple knew it. And so did everyone else, if CES is anything to go by. The only computer manufacturers that didn't launch a tablet this year were the ones who held out to see what apple was going to release. Go diss them instead, cause they are way more likely to fail.   App store is key. "
    Exactly, I couldn't have said it better.  It's not a netbook, it's a device that can have products specifically written for it, and the app store is where that will come forth and cause the device to succeed (or fail, honestly).  You're right in the closest competitors being the specialized ebook readers, but even then I think it's not quite in the same niche.  I think the biggest problem is people are trying to label it in one of the niches they are used to, and it is its own new device.  It's not a laptop, a smartphone, an ebook reader, or a netbook.  It's a tablet computer, maybe 'personal tablet' being a good name for the niche it creates.  Don't expect it to be the only one in that category either, even if it is the first. "
    People with no vision compare stuff to what they know. 
    Why would we need cheese? We already have milk.
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#124  Edited By Getz
    @Addfwyn: It's not that it costs so much. I would gladly pay 650 for a tablet PC that had more functionality. However, Apple's offering is so piss-poor and holds no promise that it will never justify (to me) it's price. What do I want a giant Iphone for?
    cassus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By cassus
    @Getz said:
    " @Addfwyn: It's not that it costs so much. I would gladly pay 650 for a tablet PC that had more functionality. However, Apple's offering is so piss-poor and holds no promise that it will never justify (to me) it's price. What do I want a giant Iphone for? "
    You do know that software is what ultimately defines what your tablet does? Not the actual device itself? And that there will be a myriad of apps for it? Many of which will do stuff you've never even thought of?
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By bubahula

what is this thing for?
    an dim really getting tired of apples naming convention.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Rayfield

Mystified as to why this thing exists.
    Avatar image for 10_yard_fighter
    10_yard_fighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#128  Edited By 10_yard_fighter

I'll stick with my Newton thank you very much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if this is has already been posted, but people have started calling this "Mac's Ipad". 

Get it? 

Maxi Pad? 

Ew.
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#130  Edited By Brackynews

I can think of more reasons not to buy one than to buy one, on the specs alone, but the fact is I've never been an early adopter of Apple.  My first iPod was a mini, my iTouch is second gen, no computer of mine has ever been the first model. Hardware and software are, in hindsight, undercooked at v1.0.

Speaking as someone who has taken a university-level course in iPhone programming, I know we can expect some amazing things out of this device once some truly creative people get a hold of it.  Keynote for ten bucks?  They had to do that for launch.  Wait until someone figures out how to pair a Dualshock 3 to this thing.  And my god, I can't wait to see what Ben Heck comes up with.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Getz
    @cassus said:
    " @Getz said:
    " @Addfwyn: It's not that it costs so much. I would gladly pay 650 for a tablet PC that had more functionality. However, Apple's offering is so piss-poor and holds no promise that it will never justify (to me) it's price. What do I want a giant Iphone for? "
    You do know that software is what ultimately defines what your tablet does? Not the actual device itself? And that there will be a myriad of apps for it? Many of which will do stuff you've never even thought of? "
    Yes, I am well aware of software's impact on function. Software dictates function, and operating systems dictate software. Apple's iPad (which is a terrible name by the way) is a closed system, with software developers beholden to the "App" to deliver content. Why would I buy an apple tablet when I can get one that I can put my own windows based software on? The fact remains that having to download an app for every tiny little function is some bullshit, and it's not worth 650 dollars.
    cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By cspiffo

This device is just abysmal.  You can't blow up an Iphone and expect people to call it a tablet.  This is NOT a tablet.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Addfwyn
    @Getz:   @orionw: 

Because you can do things with the iPad you can't do on a netbook and would not be terribly feasible on an iPod Touch.   Yet again, it is NOT a netbook, it is a separate device.  Stop comparing it to one.  

Example:  Listening to some people discuss it, one guy mentioned the use in aviation.  Laptops, even a netbook, aren't a comfortable fit anywhere in the cockpit of a personal aircraft.  iPod Touch has aviation maps, but it's relatively hard to see that thing sitting in your lap.  Voila, iPad solves both problems, especially with a mount.   

Example 2: Educational services.  Why have a textbook when you have a device that not only is an excellent book reader (specifically better than a Kindle here because it's color and can be scanned quickly, whereas Kindle is better for linear reading like novels) that you can take notes on as well.   

Example 3: Medical services, walk around with your iPad, make notes on patients that are uploaded to the central hospital database immediately.  No need for charts that have to be entered in manually by overworked nurses.  (having worked in a hospital, I can attest to how big that one is).

Games?  Yeah, you have your laptops and desktops for that, this isn't for that I feel.  Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I don't see it really making a great gamingd evice.  
    cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By cspiffo
    @Addfwyn:   

Example 1: Just what I want a pilot to have in the cockpit.  A playtoy.  Shouldn't a pilot be flying the plane?
    Example 2:  Min. $500 tablet + cost of books + limited book resaleability + guy with crowbar waiting behind my car/at dorm  = no thanks.
    Example 3:  Already being done with windows based tablets (yeah, they've been making them for years).
    Games: Limited interface options limit the types of games that can be designed for it.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Addfwyn
    @cspiffo:  

Example 1: Not a commercial pilot, an independent pilot who is flying on his own and will want aviation charts and moving maps.  
    Example 2:  Schools have given students laptops/ipods upon entrance of the university before, it's not unheard of.  Books would likely be cheaper on ebook formats than printing a massive textbook.  Also better for the environment. 
    Example 3:  Sure, with the custom apps that developers create (like medical tools that exist on the iPhone that have saved lives already) and a multi-touch interface?  
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Getz
    @Addfwyn said:
    " @Getz:   @orionw:  Because you can do things with the iPad you can't do on a netbook and would not be terribly feasible on an iPod Touch.   Yet again, it is NOT a netbook, it is a separate device.  Stop comparing it to one.   Example:  Listening to some people discuss it, one guy mentioned the use in aviation.  Laptops, even a netbook, aren't a comfortable fit anywhere in the cockpit of a personal aircraft.  iPod Touch has aviation maps, but it's relatively hard to see that thing sitting in your lap.  Voila, iPad solves both problems, especially with a mount.    Example 2: Educational services.  Why have a textbook when you have a device that not only is an excellent book reader (specifically better than a Kindle here because it's color and can be scanned quickly, whereas Kindle is better for linear reading like novels) that you can take notes on as well.    Example 3: Medical services, walk around with your iPad, make notes on patients that are uploaded to the central hospital database immediately.  No need for charts that have to be entered in manually by overworked nurses.  (having worked in a hospital, I can attest to how big that one is). Games?  Yeah, you have your laptops and desktops for that, this isn't for that I feel.  Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I don't see it really making a great gamingd evice.   "
    Dude, what? I wasn't talking about netbooks. I AM TALKING ABOUT TABLETS. Apple hasn't made the first tablet computer you jackass, and they sure as hell haven't made the best. 
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Addfwyn
    @Getz: 

Classy, when you can't refute arguments, call the guy you are discussing with names.  That always proves points.

No, Apple did not invent the first tablet computer.  Guess what, the iPad is a unique device niche, because it can do things previous tablets cannot.  Previous tablets primarily were specialized devices geared mostly towards an artistic/creative crowd that needed something along the lines of a Wacom.  The first tablet PC required a stylus and basically attempted to be a PC with a pen-interface.  This is what some people here claim they want, but tablet PCs have never taken off as a significant market because there was just nothing significant about them.

This is a wide-market consumer multimedia device with additional modular specialized options (represented via app store).    I don't really think calling it a tablet is an appropriate moniker anymore than calling it a netbook is.  It is capable of things that previous devices and tablet PCs are not.  It does not make the mistake previous tablets did of trying to be a PC with a touch-interface.  Because why would you want that when you can just have a PC?  Instead, it represents a new niche in the market.
    delicious_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#139  Edited By delicious_lie

Great, now I have that damned Ke$ha song stuck in my head again.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Dany

I am genuinely disappointed. No multitasking or flash just breaks this for me. They should have based the tech off of Mac OS X not the iphone OS.

Light_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Light_Bahamut

If this had a native magazine app with great publisher support as imagined in this video: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntyXvLnxyXk  

then I might be interested. I like magazines, but I don't like the whole actual paper part.

ridgerich79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By ridgerich79

No matter what Apple announced today, there was no way it could live up the hype people put upon it. As a game device, if you already own an iPhone/iPod Touch, DS, or PSP there is NO reason you should get this thing. Everyone thought that  iPad (danm that is a stupid name) would legitimize tablets or be the replacement for netbooks. I'm my opinion it's not.  The iPad is clearly going after e-readers like Amazon's Kindle or Barnes & Noble Nook. If you look at that market, the iPad can do for e-readers what the iPod did in terms of the MP3 market and be the dominant player.  

The iPad makes all the e-readers that was announced at  CES look like nothing. If you was in market for an e-reader (which I'm not) no question I would pick the iPad. With a color screen now we can get a device that really can replace newspapers, magazine, comics, manga, etc. For it to be successful though it has to down in price to a simple Kindle level and quickly make deals with publishers for a fair price without feel like they are ripping up off.  If Apple can do that, I feel they have another big money maker on theirs. The key will be will the content and eventually a lower price of the device. 

Pun1sherrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Pun1sherrr

hmmmmmm........ very interesting.. the funny thing is apple could make something soooo much more spectacular... but guess what? THEY WONT
    they will wait and waiiiittttt... and upgrade their products step by step, dollar by dollar and what happens??? $$$$$$$$$$ tons of money in their pockets because our idiotic human beings actually pay attention to those SILLY Mac vs. PC commercials... :S amaizing isnt it? well it seems to be working well for apple... but for me.. i will avoid every chance i get to touch that stupid 10 inch box  :-/

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @cassus said:
    " @Addfwyn said:
    " @cassus said:
    Exactly, I couldn't have said it better.  It's not a netbook, it's a device that can have products specifically written for it, and the app store is where that will come forth and cause the device to succeed (or fail, honestly).  You're right in the closest competitors being the specialized ebook readers, but even then I think it's not quite in the same niche.  I think the biggest problem is people are trying to label it in one of the niches they are used to, and it is its own new device.  It's not a laptop, a smartphone, an ebook reader, or a netbook.  It's a tablet computer, maybe 'personal tablet' being a good name for the niche it creates.  Don't expect it to be the only one in that category either, even if it is the first. "
    People with no vision compare stuff to what they know. Why would we need cheese? We already have milk. "
    WUT?  Explain your analogy please, because it seems fundamentally broken.  Though, if you're saying the iFaglet is more like milk gone bad I agree.
    Jdea9667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Jdea9667

Has anyone else here seen the MadTV iPad skit?

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Addfwyn
    @SeriouslyNow:  

Cheese Inventor: I invented cheese, isn't it amazing 
    Naysayers: Why would we need that, we already have milk.  You can't drink cheese, you can't put it on your cereal! 
    Cheese Inventor: You don't understand, it's an entirely different product. 
    Naysayers: But it's the same group as milk, it's still dairy!   It's the same thing, but you can't even drink it!
    *cheese inventor facepalms*
    Better?
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Addfwyn: 

As I said already I agree the iDorklet is cheesy as hell.   Your analogy is broken because fromage is actually useful on many levels; it can taste great and promotes the growth of useful moulds like Penicillin. The iJizzlet is actually only useful as a means of prostelysing the genius of Jobs.  He so clever, selling you broken things you don't need which you will never use.  Awesome.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Addfwyn

@SeriouslyNow:  

Oh, you've got an iPad and have seen the apps it will be using in the future already?  Sorry, I didn't realize you were a time traveller.  I imagine the iPad will indeed be useful on many levels, whether or not they are levels that you will need or not is another matter.  For kids who just are looking for a game platform, look elsewhere cause it just won't succeed there.  If you're looking for something for some more specialized purposes, it may meet your needs there. 

Look at the iPhone before the app store, it was a sufficient but limited device (much like the iPad is a sufficient media player, but limited).  Look at it after the app store, revolutionized the market.  Imagine what a larger scale more powerful version of that can do. 

or you can keep thinking up dumb names that make you feel clever.  That's fine too.  

Classic_Gs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Classic_Gs

Jeff, nuff said.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Addfwyn said:
    "  @SeriouslyNow:   Oh, you've got an iPad and have seen the apps it will be using in the future already?  Sorry, I didn't realize you were a time traveller.  I imagine the iPad will indeed be useful on many levels, whether or not they are levels that you will need or not is another matter.  For kids who just are looking for a game platform, look elsewhere cause it just won't succeed there.  If you're looking for something for some more specialized purposes, it may meet your needs there.  Look at the iPhone before the app store, it was a sufficient but limited device (much like the iPad is a sufficient media player, but limited).  Look at it after the app store, revolutionized the market.  Imagine what a larger scale more powerful version of that can do.  or you can keep thinking up dumb names that make you feel clever.  That's fine too.   "
    JOBS DEFENCE FORCE HOOOOOOOOOO!

lulz

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.