Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aquaria

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 07, 2007

Aquaria is a 2D underwater Metroidvania game, in which players explore the underwater world of Aquaria while exploring the history of the world and the protagonist, Naija.

Aquaria: I'm loving this game so far, but...

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

It's fucking hard. For an indie game that has such an innocent looking art style, the game is extremely challenging. The maps are more expansive than Metroid's, the enemies are hyper aggressive (will follow you around an entire map while shooting and siderushing you), and even basic enemies take several shots to kill. Anyone else playing this game have the same sentiment?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Just keep on the move, they chase you but your shots more or less auto aim so you can move while killing them. You may find it easier to use both the keyboard and mouse in the usual WASD setup as it allows you to aim better while moving in a different direction. Space bar boosts.

Excellent choice of game, +1

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Just keep on the move, they chase you but your shots more or less auto aim so you can move while killing them. You may find it easier to use both the keyboard and mouse in the usual WASD setup as it allows you to aim better while moving in a different direction. Space bar boosts.Excellent choice of game, +1"
    Thanks for the tip.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

I bought this about a week ago when the Indie sale on Steam started...I have still yet to play it :( ...hopefully I don't find a problem with the difficulty.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Someone took the +1 I gave you... Why would anyone -1 you over your first post is beyond me. This place seems full of assholes sometimes.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By avidwriter

We need to kick this back into action, its on sale for $5 http://www.bit-blot.com/aquaria/demo.html I'd never have found the game unless I read someones post here about it being on sale and being good. This game deserves some love. Maybe we can get GB quicklook? That'd be awesome while it was on sale.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Bumpton

I was thinking about giving this game another shot recently. Would you guys recommend a gamepad (360) or just mouse and keys? I seem to recall having a little trouble getting used to the controls.
    Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Adamsons

I have it from one of the humble indie bundles and the only thing I know about it is that Naija is in it (SMB.)

Whats the premise? Its Super Metroid esque?

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jmfinamore
    @Bumpton said:
    I was thinking about giving this game another shot recently. Would you guys recommend a gamepad (360) or just mouse and keys? I seem to recall having a little trouble getting used to the controls.
    I found it easier to just use a 360 pad, even though you miss out on a few buttons. Some people say that setting it up so it just uses the WASD keys makes it easier.  

@Adamsons
    said:
    I have it from one of the humble indie bundles and the only thing I know about it is that Naija is in it (SMB.)  Whats the premise? Its Super Metroid esque?
    It's pretty much a Metroidvania game, yea. Lots of exploring and some fighting. It's a bit more open ended than the Metroid games though. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.