4 stars 4/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 2 releases and 0 DLC

Singing a good melody 0

Ar tonelico II was certainly an experience from start to almost finish, and it took me around 65 hours to more or less 100% the game (which I always aim to do when playing RPGs, unless they just flat out stink). The very very long, and sometimes complex, story however is probably its biggest flaw. At first it kept me interested, and I patiently read through the (sometimes) extremely long conversations, even if most of them are without voiceacting (in the US version at least). Throughout the game...

I wonder if NIS America is looking to hire editors... 0

I initially posted this review at the half-way point of the game, and I have to say that after completing it, none of the points have changed and I still consider it around a 6.5/10 score. The plot remains convoluted throughout, though this is heavily due to a TERRIBLE translation job (there's a site dedicated to a re-translation, even), but even if the translation were perfect, the plot would still make little sense at many points. The music continues to remain solid, with the end-boss score be...