Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Arcade

Platform »

Stand-alone machines specialized for individual games. Arcades began the game industry and peaked in popularity before home consoles took over the gaming public. Arcade games usually cost 25 cents, or 100 yen, per play. Known for the most cutting-edge technology of their time, arcades have the largest video game library, and greatest variety of control methods, of any platform.

Help Me ID An Old, Obscure Arcade Game

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TonyBlue87

Back around 1992-94 there was an old arcade game I used to play at the Wal-Mart by my house.  You played as the 3 little pigs trying to avoid a pack of wolves and an evil chef/butcher with a thick, stereotypical mustache.  It was a single-screen platformer (I think) and you were climbing and jumping around what I think was an apartment complex.  You could throw plant pots at the wolves, somersault jump from one side of the screen to another (I think you were climbing fire escapes), and, if you took too long to complete the level, the chef would rush out onto the screen and wrap you up for sale.

That's the extent of what I recall.  As I said, this was around the early 90s, and I haven't seen it sense.  If anyone can help me out, I would be eternally grateful.

(BTW, I've already ruled out Pooyan, as that's the only pig related game I could find and was sadly disappointed by.)

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JoRoNimo

That sounds like the 3 Little Pigs game that Jeff played on Game Room once. But that was a home console game, if I remember correctly.

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TonyBlue87
    @jorojoserojas: That would be "Oink!"  Unfortunately, that's not it.  The one I'm looking for was an actual arcade cabinet, though I did gasp in anticipation when I saw that game on the video.
    JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoRoNimo
    @TonyBlue87: Was it Oink!? Jeff did a Quick Look of this game on 05/12/10. No sign of a butcher, though.  
    freecajunlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By freecajunlove

No Caption Provided
    Was it Pig Out?

EDIT: Pretty sure it is Pig Out.
    TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TonyBlue87
    @freecajunlove: HOLY SHIT THAT'S IT!

Thank you so much!  A decade of searching has finally come to an end.  I am indebted.
    freecajunlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By freecajunlove
    @TonyBlue87:  No wiki entry exists for it; I would get on that.
    TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TonyBlue87
    @freecajunlove: Not a bad idea.  I'll see about getting to that later this afternoon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.