How much does a arcade machine cost?

#1 Posted by Daanienator (164 posts) -

I would really want one
also, where can you buy them?

#2 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

They'd probably be like 200-1000+ plus based on machine. You can hit up ebay or craigslist or arcades, but alot of people do pick up only.
You can build your own and add something like MAME and put a bunch of games in it, but whutever.

#3 Posted by Daanienator (164 posts) -

ok

#4 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

around $1000, but vintage ones can cost up to $3000.

#5 Posted by Player1 (3850 posts) -

Would be cool, but you'd be surprised how quickly they get old. My friend has one, and we played it for 2-3 weeks, off and on. Then haven't touched it since. 

#6 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -

expect your electrical bill to go up

#7 Posted by Carlos (504 posts) -

I recommend building your own MAME machine, just google "mame arcade" on google and you'll see what its all about :) its way cheaper than a vintage/original one and its better.

#8 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

>9000.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

MAME is definitely the way to go.

#9 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Like, expensive.

Like, a lot.
#10 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Cash up $2,000 dollars and do this. Get a brand New Custom computer with all the MAME Roms of the latest build for a 1,000 and with the other thousand, buy the MAME Case. That the best because you get 800 (IDK. a lot of) games for 2,000.

#11 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

They vary in price and there's no way know how much the one you want would cost without more details...are you looking for a vintage classic cabinet, or something newer?

#12 Posted by MKO619 (85 posts) -

I understand why arcades are awsome but really consoles are better. Their cheaper, you can save your game, takes up less space, and you can play a lot of different games

#13 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
atejas said:
"Like, expensive.
Like, a lot.
"
#14 Edited by pedantics (62 posts) -

Screw Mame - nothing compares to real arcade hardware.

Blue Storm cabs are a cheap and rad - you should be able to pick one up new and complete for around USD$500 if you shop around. They're very similar to Astro City cabs, except a bit less rugged. Which isn't an issue if you're keeping it in your house.

http://www.easybizchina.com/product/d193529/25__Blue_Storm.html

Then get a 1056 in one Jamma game box (should run at around the USD$200 mark) and try fight off all the social-envy and bribary-pussy with a stick.

#15 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

"How much does an arcade machine cost?"  

fixed your grammar, you can thank me later.

#16 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -
@Vigorousjammer: You bumped a year old post to add "n" to the title?
#17 Posted by Soap (3561 posts) -
@Vigorousjammer said:
" "How much does an arcade machine cost?"   fixed your grammar, you can thank me later. "
..... Was it worth it? Really? Necro Bumping because he made a grammar error?
#18 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -
@Bigandtasty:
@Soap:
yup

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.