If you were going to buy ONE arcade machine for your house...

#1 Edited by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

If you were going to buy ONE arcade machine for your house, what would it be? Personally, I'd go old-school and get a Galaga machine. Galaga (and weed) is one of the reasons my dad didn't finish college the first time through. I remember watching him play as a little kid... I fucking love Galaga.

#2 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

H2Overdrive, I loved Hydro Thunder and there's a good chance it'll never get ported to home consoles

#3 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I think Galaga probably.

#4 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

RUSH

#5 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

a SF4 arcade machine

#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Street Fighter

#7 Edited by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

Street fighter machine would be bad ass

Edit: My bad, meal slug is a neo geo machine not arcade

#8 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Blazblue. From the pictures I've seen posted by KaosAngel, it looks amazing. And I've always wanted a fighting game arcade machine.

...or that Monster Truck one where you go around a track and have a wheel.

#9 Edited by jakob187 (21735 posts) -

Donkey Kong, just so I can get good enough to beat the shit out of Billy Mitchell and Steve Wiebe!

In all reality, though:

...it would HAVE to be CarnEvil!!!

#10 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

I was $50 short of buying an NBA Jam machine at a flea market a couple months ago. It haunts me to this day.

#11 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -

.... Aliens: Extinction, MK3, or... Street Fighter 4... yeah.

#12 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -
#13 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

Probably the TMNT Arcade machine.Marvel Vs Capcom 2 or just get The Simpsons Pinball machine.

#14 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

I probably wouldn't get one and spend the money on something else game related. I don't really like arcade games.

#15 Posted by Masfo (95 posts) -

Ikaruga or Guwange. Can't decide.

#16 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

Probably some pinball machine. Pinball eats all my quarters in Arcades.

#17 Posted by Nasar7 (2769 posts) -

Either a SF3: 3rd Strike or a SF4 arcade machine.

#18 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium

#19 Posted by Daroki (717 posts) -

Nice sit down Crazy Taxi machine would be great... I'm sure I'd get sick of the Offspring and Bad Religion after a few weeks but those would be a good couple of weeks.

#20 Posted by Guerrilla_Mason (485 posts) -

The Simpsons or Ninja Turtles are the only ones I really remember playing.

#21 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -

that's tough because the SF4 machines are only one player per cab, so I think I'd have to go with something else.   Maybe a Super Turbo machine.

#22 Edited by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -

I already have one :D

all it does it collect dust in the spare room though, but it's nostalgic -- edit: this isn't mine, i couldn't get a picture of mine without digging the pile of crap that's accumulated on top of it.
#23 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

PlayChoice-10 with Baseball Stars, Excitebike, Mega Man III, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, RBI Baseball, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Tecmo Bowl, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II

#24 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I've really thought about this before, but to choose only one might be difficult. I think I might have to go with Mortal Kombat 2. Area 51 is my choice for runner-up. If possible, I'd ditch both and get an air hockey table.

#25 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

F-Zero AX, though Virtual On and Marvel VS Capcom 2 would be close too

#26 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Donkey Kong

#27 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2419 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
"

"
Either that, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.
#28 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Hate to cheat, but I would rather build a super elite MAME cabinet. Otherwise it would be the original Mortal Kombat II (perhaps UMK3 out of variety's sake) cabinet.

#29 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I think I'd go for Virtual On. That game was amazing at the arcades. I can't remember though, if two people could play eachother on one machine.

Other contenders include one of the Time Crisis games (I think 2), Marvel Vs. Capcom 1/2, AvP, Street Fighter 3/4, or the six-player X-Men machine.

#30 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6356 posts) -

I think I'd go with the old Terminator 2 gun game.  Great fun.  It would be that or a Simpsons arcade game.

#31 Edited by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I think I would probably get one of those F zero motion racing games.  They are pretty fun, a flea market 5 miles from my house has one, they never get old for me.

#32 Posted by Andorski (5354 posts) -

One of those arcade machines that has both Metal Slug and 1942.

#33 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Killer instinct without a doubt. It's those types that also is used with street fighter and mortal kombat games I think.

#34 Posted by buzz_clik (7014 posts) -

Neo Geo machine with arseloads of games shoved in there. Must contain The Super Spy.

#35 Posted by Modoversus (15 posts) -

One of those japanese NeoGeo candy cabinets with 4 games on it, or the NeoGeo cocktail table with 6 games on it. 

#36 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -
@Guerrilla_Mason said:
" The Simpsons or Ninja Turtles "
Or the 8-person X-Men beat 'em up.
#37 Posted by rathantoras (192 posts) -

Warzaid, 4 player.

#38 Posted by JJOR64 (19052 posts) -

Super Street Fighter IV.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.