Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Arcana Heart

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 22, 2006

Made by the team that developed Samurai Shodown V, Arcana Heart features a hand-drawn anime aesthetic, an all-girl fighter roster, and a unique assist character system known as "Arcana".

Finally beat Mildred!

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ouroboros

FIRST POAST

Anyways, I'm kind of dissapointed no one has posted in these forums but yeah...maybe I should make this a blog post?  Oh well, I finally just beat Mildred, aka the last boss in story.  I found that apparently you can glitch her, or maybe she just cant block, D+ABC - or down+attack.  Other than that she was pretty ridiculous as she would be able to fully guard/block anything you threw at it.  I even cheesed through the story by placing the diffulculty down to 1 and then rounds I had to win at 1 too - purely because I didnt think, nor did I want, to take 2 out of 3 from her.  I beat her alright but man, she beat me 3 times in a row (she had to win 5 to win) - she's a total cheeseball.

Love the game but man I wish they optimized the game more.  The game is helluva slow to boot into matches, ranging to like 5 seconds or so which is a lifetime, and they really dropped the ball when it came to the localization - they took out all the spoken dialogue out.  Now I heard they did that because apparently it would've been "too japanese" but man, I just hate reading text.  Battle Fantasia for example had a total nonsense story all in spoken Japanese dialogue and Blazblue has both English and Japanese tracks.

Finally, I dont know how to rate Mildred as "Last Boss in a fighting game" material.  Shes definently harder then say, Seth or I-No from SF4 and Guilty Gear respectively.

Oh well, hopefully someone else will post here and share their thoughts on the game or fighting games in general.

kbai

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.