Anyone got it on PC?

#1 Posted by MeierTheRed (4941 posts) -

So Gothic 4 is out now in the EU at least, but it seems that people are having terrible performance issues with the game i.e really low frame rates. People who played the Demo in 1080p and 60 FPS are some how getting 20 FPS now.

So i just wanted to check if anyone here on GB had these issues too. 

#2 Posted by MeierTheRed (4941 posts) -

Echo...echo echo e c h o.

#3 Posted by armaan8014 (5443 posts) -

...ec..ho

#4 Edited by valrog (3648 posts) -

I don't have it yet, but it's not like I could help you, anyway. I don't run my games in 1080p and 60 fps.

#5 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Most likely just driver issues. Demo and full release sometimes use different driver profiles, leading to poor performance. 

#6 Posted by ZimboDK (843 posts) -

Well, they released a performance patch on release day. It runs... okay on my aging 9600GT, but there's definitely some slowdown in various places. I switched PhysX to CPU, and that did help with the slowdown, though it didn't fix it entirely.

#7 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -

tried it on PC, not that impressed. Controls feels sluggish and the whole game feels janky 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.