Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ArmA II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 26, 2009

ArmA II: Ultimate Military Simulator is, as the title would suggest, a Military Simulation game developed by Bohemia Interactive. Experience the intensity of lifelike combat situations in one of the most realistic soldier sims available.

Arma II disappears on retail release date

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jnal

From what I've seen from my computer at Gamestop Arma 2 is no longer coming to retail. It has been deleted from our system and from the quick research I have found so far this includes most if not all major retail outlets. I can't find any information on it anywhere as to why, but today I went to work and found that we never received it in our shipment. If anyone gains any information about it please post it here. 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

You'd be better posting/asking this on their site.

Or maybe ask who ever deals with stock where you work.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Boiglenoight

Weird.  Maybe a digital download only release? 

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jnal
    @Ineedaname: True, I tried to get an answer from my district manager, but he didn't know. It kind of makes me mad that I waited several months to pick up a retail copy only to see it disappear from the face of the earth on the release date. This is pretty botched up when their site doesn't have an answer and no one has reported on it yet.
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Babble
    @Jnal said:
    " @Ineedaname: True, I tried to get an answer from my district manager, but he didn't know. It kind of makes me mad that I waited several months to pick up a retail copy only to see it disappear from the face of the earth on the release date. This is pretty botched up when their site doesn't have an answer and no one has reported on it yet. "
    Didn't they just announce who they partnered with to bring the game out to retail?
    Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jnal
    @Babble: They had an established release date and distributor in June, but the thing that is retarded is that neither the distributor or the developer has acknowledged that there is a problem. From the looks of it the distributor may not have made enough copies or something, but that isn't an official source. If they had announced a delayed that would have been fine, It would have sucked, but nobody knew there was a problem until the game never showed up. That is horrible communication on someones part and a few heads will roll for this large of a screw up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.