Best looking game yet?

#1 Posted by Mikemcn (7008 posts) -

Why arent more people freaking out about this game's graphics? They did when Crysis came out and from what i have seen, this game beats it, the textures are excellent, and the shadow and explosion effects are fantastic! The animations are solid, when a car explodes it looks like it actually is rather then just turning into a damage model. I mean the soldiers themselves don't look fantastic, but they are very detailed. Im just curious if i am the only person stupid enough to think this game is technically impressive, haha.

And i wasnt sure which video i should show, theres a million on Youtube, this one looked interesting though....

#2 Edited by Drebin_893 (2926 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" Why arent more people freaking out about this game's graphics? 

Because they're not anything special....
#3 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -

Ehh...no : /  Crysis has this beaten. Just from that video, a lot of the textures look not so great (e.g. the sniper rifle at the beginning, the grass clumps).

#4 Posted by Nasar7 (2766 posts) -

The graphics are good enough, especially given the size of the world, but they aren't anywhere near Crysis level.

#5 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

nope

#6 Posted by Mikemcn (7008 posts) -
@Pie said:
"nope "

I need to look at more crysis videos then lol
#7 Posted by Mikemcn (7008 posts) -

#8 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I don't think it's fair to compare any given game with Crysis' visuals.
That game is the absolute aphex, if you've a system that has all the requirements to run it in full ornate.

Let's just say that i was really awestruck by the Gears 2 graphics for the X360.

#9 Posted by Mikemcn (7008 posts) -
@GunnBjorn said:
"I don't think it's fair to compare any given game with Crysis' visuals.That game is the absolute aphex, if you've a system that has all the requirements to run it in full ornate.Let's just say that i was really awestruck by the Gears 2 graphics for the X360. "

Ya, i guess, as of right now there isnt much people can do to beat crysis's visuals, i was stupid for thinking they werent as good as they are in the first place
#10 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

those graphics arent amazing there are lots of better looking games

#11 Edited by chrisser665 (11 posts) -

Nah- not stupid.  Arma 2's visuals look fantastic.  And the head bob coupled with the smooth look-around you can do make the game more visceral.  But Crysis focused on just a few key elements whereas Arma 2 seemed to take a wider focus on things to development for their games.  I mean, Crysis has only a few types of enemies, turtles, birds, that's about it.  Arma has a LOT.  Plus a lot more vehicles, larger map, etc.  Sadly, their physics engine isn't that spectacular... you'd see what I meant when you drove a vehicle in the game.  Crysis definitely has the ups on Arma's physics, I"ll admit that.
Physics aside, I'm impressed with Arma 2- they've done a great job and deserve commendation for their work.

#12 Posted by StarFoxA (5162 posts) -

YouTube videos aren't a good representation of the game, because of YouTube's compression.

#13 Posted by Drebin_893 (2926 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
"

"
I'm not going to lie, this video almost made me cry. 

Beautiful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.