Drew and Vinny should give DayZ a other go

#1 Posted by HoM3R (208 posts) -

With the dry spell with games, premium content and lack of Vinny I think its time.

Its still in alpha but it has loads of good servers and is very stable, if they can get a multi pc stream up I think it will make for great content.

My body is ready and DayZ is ready

#2 Posted by Excast (1034 posts) -

I've been watching some DayZ videos on youtube and it really looks like a fun, engrossing experience.

#3 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

Yeah not a bad idea actually, I wouldn't mind them doing a little mini series to hold us over until something good actually comes out.

#4 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

I'd rather they wait till it's fully released before they do something like that. It's nowhere near as frustrating to get in a game as it was when they played, but it's still not perfect. I'd love a series, but it'd be best to wait till a lot less things could go wrong with it.

#5 Posted by Creamypies (4088 posts) -

Any content would be welcome, to be honest. What happened to all the extra E3 stuff that Vinny & Drew were apparently working on?

I know there's a lack of games to make content about, but at the end of the day, a lot of us are still paying money for a subscription that quite honestly hasn't paid it's dues as of late.

How about a Load our Last Save? Or another Random PC Game? A mini series on DayZ certainly sounds like a decent idea.

I don't normally like to bitch about this sort of stuff, but it'd be nice to see where my money is going.

#6 Edited by Catarrhal (849 posts) -

Their prior experience with the game was miserable. And Vinny is well-known to have zero interest in online (competitive) multiplayer.

#7 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Hasn't been that long id rather wait for the game to be in beta or finally be finished before they try it again.

The game is excellent so i'd rather them show it off when they can represent the game in a better light, since they would probably still end up showing 30 mins of server browsing again at this stage. But i'm totally up for it down the line.

#8 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

If they do it again I hope they don't do it live. Too many griefers out there will hunt them no matter how many "bodyguards" they might get.

#9 Posted by HoM3R (208 posts) -

@supamon said:

If they do it again I hope they don't do it live. Too many griefers out there will hunt them no matter how many "bodyguards" they might get.

Well rule number one is dont show the server when streaming and block the chat with a image so griefers wont find you.

That was a big problem with their first stream, apart from the server issues.

It should just be 2-4 GB guys taking on the world. If you play this as a TNT with more then 5 players grouped this hole game loses its appeal.

@Catarrhal said:

Their prior experience with the game was miserable. And Vinny is well-known to have zero interest in online (competitive) multiplayer.

Because its "(competitive)" and not "competitive" makes this game. I think that atleast Drew and alot of people playing get this and love it because of that.

#10 Posted by Ehker (235 posts) -

Totally agree, especially if server issues have been fixed.

But at this point I'm desperate for any quirky PC action from Dave/Drew/Vin Dog.

#11 Posted by Jackel2072 (2278 posts) -

DayZ TNT. we rent a server password lock it have a gaint meet up, and take on the zombie hordes!

#12 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

Lack of Vinny? He was apart of like half the quick looks this week.

#13 Posted by notha (239 posts) -

@Jackel2072 said:

DayZ TNT. we rent a server password lock it have a gaint meet up, and take on the zombie hordes!

im not sure how that would work since all the servers are approved by rocket. someone would have to offer up their server to use, and if they were to invite the gb community instead of just the gb staffers, things could get very messy very quickly unless the server player cap was set real low. but it would be awesome if they could set it up

#14 Posted by DeF (4957 posts) -

@Catarrhal said:

due to the server issues at that time, yes. and this isn't similar to any online multiplayer at all so that's also no excuse.

#15 Posted by cyberhugger (24 posts) -

@HoM3R: Cant agree more they should give a shot it was fun.

#16 Posted by Irvandus (2886 posts) -

@Jackel2072 said:

I am in full support of this.

#17 Posted by Jackel2072 (2278 posts) -

@notha: Why when i look at the server browser for Dayz some games are password protected then?

#18 Posted by Dezztroy (852 posts) -
@Jackel2072 said:

@notha: Why when i look at the server browser for Dayz some games are password protected then?

Because some admins like to abuse the system/exploit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.