Get it now or wait a few months?

#1 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -

I'm pretty set on getting this game, but I don't want to buy another buggy disaster like I did with Empire: Total War. Should I wait a couple of months until the bugs are ironed out and some mods are released, or buy it now? I feel like buying Empire: Total War on launch day sort of spoiled the experience for me because the game was plain unfinished... is it the same way with ArmA II?

#2 Posted by SolidestChimp (155 posts) -

am holding out for a few months 1. bugs will get found and fixed 2. i might get it cheaper :P

#3 Posted by dwakley (29 posts) -

It is full of bugs still and is in need of some serious optimization.  Unless your a huge fan I would wait.

#4 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

The developers have a great track record for after-shipping support and the game is definitely nowhere near worth the money in its present state. Get it in a few months when it's discounted and in top form.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.