How do i make ARMA 2 better?

#1 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

I went out on a limb and snagged it on sale for $9.99 mostly due to major hype on the PCGamer podcast.  I tried the demo and i can happily say the full game is better but still lacking. 
I hear you can get user made performance fixes (hopefully one for flying)
What are the recommended mods out there for improving the experience in your opinion.
Yes i did Google search and i know of Armaholics but can't really get a clear focus on what i need there.
Any ideas?

#2 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

Well i just learned flying and driving  is actually way easier with a 360 controller.... scandalous!

#3 Posted by Tairoku (62 posts) -

You don't play it.

#4 Posted by Jimbo (9773 posts) -

360 controllers are good for a lot of things like that.  It's just unfortunate that shooting isn't one of them.

#5 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@Tairoku said:
" You don't play it. "
pfft 

@fentonalpha:  I hear ACE2 mod makes the game even more realistic and stuff, I'd try it out.
#6 Edited by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

MODS 
As said above, ACE 2 mod is the best thing to get. It adds a lot of extra functions. 
Perifpherilaslslslsa (or whaterver they are) 
TrackIR is a head tracking device that apparently works really well with arma (look it up) 

If you don't know what to do you might want to check
http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/ out   (it's a massive guide, I've found it quite usefull).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.