Who wants to meet up in DayZ mod?

#1 Posted by KevinMerrill (32 posts) -

Anyone who wants to meet up and play some DayZ, hit me up. I can be contacted via twitter @KevinMerrill. You can also add me on Steam. My username there is foolforalifetime91

I've been playing the game for a few days now solo. It's pretty sweet but I get the feeling that it'd be even better if we could get a team together.

I'm usually on at night on the East Coast, but I'm playing some mornings too, and pretty much all day Sunday. Let's do this!

#2 Posted by pigmartyr (211 posts) -

Yes lets meet up in game. I cant wait to go through your corpse for things that might sustain my existence longer.

#3 Posted by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

We need to get some GB people together for this, it's a ton of fun.

#4 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

Dude, yes. I just have to buy the game first.

#5 Posted by Skyrider (383 posts) -

I'd be down for grouping up with GB folks. Just don't shoot me. I've avoided played contact for the mos part until now and the result has been my continued survival.

#6 Posted by therealnelsk (321 posts) -

Hell yes, I'm downloading everything now. Steam name is M3RPHY.

#7 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1536 posts) -

My name is insaneshadow in the game. I'm usually the one typing nonsense into the side chat channel (blue letters). I usually log off in cities, on roofs or in the middle of nowhere.

#8 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Feel free to use the GB PC Hub mumble server or chatroom for this purpose! We already have a few guys that are obsessed with DayZ and would probably be willing to play, or at least talk about the game.

#9 Posted by HotSauceMagik (264 posts) -

I've been playing a bunch too. My first real life was pretty successful. Made it from Electro all the way to Stary Sobor. Picked up an AKM, got into the abandoned warehouse top floor and logged out. When I logged back in on Sunday, I decided to go back through the army barracks again to see if any new loot had spawned. Saw a few guys doing the same so I laid low. Then I heard shots fired from the long barn across from the barracks. Ran over and tried to help my fellow man by killing a few zombies that were chasing him....which promptly made them chase me. Ran back to the warehouse and climbed to the top floor. I was farting around up there, killing a few zombies etc when a shot rang out and blood started spewing from my leg. As I turned to run, (or hobble really) a second shot put the nail in the coffin.

Anywho, I'm down to play with anyone (Username is my GB name). After the 8 or so hours I've spent mostly alone, I'm ready to start surviving with real people. The only problem I see is that mostly all the servers are almost constantly full or if they aren't, its night time. I don't know how you would get around that and allow a few of us to jam on the same server while its still light out.

#10 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

This game needs some no friendly fire servers, tired of just getting sniped everytime I spawn before I can even find a weapon to fight back with.

#11 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (3050 posts) -

Oh, man I wish I had a decent PC now. My buddy showed me a video of the DayZ mod...it looks fantastic. It is a mod like that that makes me serious consider a new PC.

#12 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

@pigmartyr said:

Yes lets meet up in game. I cant wait to go through your corpse for things that might sustain my existence longer.

MUHAHAHAHA

I love this game. Only playing after work when its dark on my east coast USA server is hilarious. I almost want to take the day off to experience a daylight Monday Zombie apocalypse.

#13 Posted by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

I need someone to perform a blood transfusion, Mikemcn21 is the name on steam.

#14 Posted by Skyrider (383 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

I need someone to perform a blood transfusion, Mikemcn21 is the name on steam.

Not sure if you still need it at this point, but this thread may be of interest: http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4581

Dr. Wasteland MD and some others (he made a list of folks doing similar things that he deems to be legit) basically act as travelling doctors. There's info on how it all works in the thread.

#15 Edited by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

Seriously though, if anyone wants to team up, i'd appreciate the help, Mikemcn21 on steam.

Being a loner in this game is stressful after awhile haha.

#16 Edited by Skyrider (383 posts) -

@Mikemcn: Can't seem to find you on steam, otherwise I'd add you. Is your profile set to friends only or something? (I'm Skyrider on steam, same avatar)

Edit: Never mind, searched your GB username instead and found you, haha.

#17 Posted by Bolkonsky (11 posts) -

@Mikemcn:

Yeah tell me about it. I was properly set up, thinking I was hot shit my first time. Lived through night, got a shotgun, nice pistol, tons of food, compass etc....

Until I try to 1 man raid a town, get caught sneaking by a zed and swarmed by 20. okay...10. I survive after blasting the S out of everything but after bandaging I need blood now right? So I find a farm house that has hatchet/matches cause I need a fire to cook my meat(to get more blood...)

Im creeping through the farm house and I hear a step. I look over and see that Id snuck up on somebody. He has a shotgun too. I shout FRIENDLY!! But im not an idiot so I promptly take off.

He shoots anyway, misses me and I get swarmed by 10 or so zeds that catch me in my weakened state. :(

I'm Savethellama on steam itd be cool to play with some duders

#18 Posted by mclakers (125 posts) -

Just downloaded last night, tried to play, but couldn't do anything in the dark. Cant see nothing. Someone was trowing out flares but all i could see was zed.. I would appreciate any help. steam id is mclakers.

#19 Posted by Bolkonsky (11 posts) -

@mclakers: added for justice. shit gets real @ night, you can definitely do it though, heres a list of inverted time servers if you wanna pussy out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/trmv8/lets_make_a_list_of_inversedaytime_servers/

turn your gamma and brightness all the way up it helps

Chemlights/flares can help out if you need em, throw em at the general area you want to explore and wait for zeds to be attracted, hopefully sneak around and access what buildings you need and GTFO promptly afterwards on account of the bandits that often hang around shore looking for newbies to blast. flares are like a flag saying come get me

Also- NEVER run standing or youll attract zombies like crazy. always crouch, togggle run with 2 taps of shift and walk if youre really close to zeds but you make surprisingly little noise running crouched so you can often sneak your way right through townships. + recommend turning the music off.

#20 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1536 posts) -

I play pretty sporadically but my DayZ name is insaneshadow. I always have my steam as "show offline" since I'm usually doing other things so I won't put my steam id on here. I usually play on Virginia or Chicago servers. Not sure why O_o

Also, be cautious of flares by the shore. Some bandits will pop flares near the shore to lure survivors to them so they can kill them.

#21 Posted by mclakers (125 posts) -

@Bolkonsky said:

@mclakers: added for justice. shit gets real @ night, you can definitely do it though, heres a list of inverted time servers if you wanna pussy out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/trmv8/lets_make_a_list_of_inversedaytime_servers/

turn your gamma and brightness all the way up it helps

Chemlights/flares can help out if you need em, throw em at the general area you want to explore and wait for zeds to be attracted, hopefully sneak around and access what buildings you need and GTFO promptly afterwards on account of the bandits that often hang around shore looking for newbies to blast. flares are like a flag saying come get me

Also- NEVER run standing or youll attract zombies like crazy. always crouch, togggle run with 2 taps of shift and walk if youre really close to zeds but you make surprisingly little noise running crouched so you can often sneak your way right through townships. + recommend turning the music off.

Wont pussy out. I will try the gamma/brightness to see if that helps. Currently the only time i have to play is after 8pm pst, so its already dark. Thanks for the info

#22 Posted by mclakers (125 posts) -

This game is awesome! Got my first Shotgun, compass, watch. but then i got fucked by a zed.

#23 Posted by Rohok (554 posts) -

I play with my EVE corp buddy

#24 Posted by Sin4profit (3003 posts) -

@KevinMerrill: Just a recommendation, if you could edit your post and add this link to an interactive map it may help people figure out where things are and plan meet ups.

http://teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/ (Map contains suggestions for loot drops so, may count as spoilers to some)

Also, yes, i just found my first scoped rifle off a dead player (HE WAS DEAD WHEN I GOT HERE, OFFICER, I SWEAR!!) and i even had ammo for it i was carrying around for awhile. That said, i'm afraid of being murdered and losing all my sweet stuff that i clumsily wondered into finding.

So if anyone wants to join up i'm Sin4profit on Steam.

#25 Posted by Sin4profit (3003 posts) -

...and in close to an hour i was shot and killed by another player losing my stuff...great.

#26 Posted by Bolkonsky (11 posts) -

heh yeah sounds about right. I was 3 hours in had a winchester/revolver/tons of food first aid stuff etc.... Walk into a building, failed to clear it properly- take a shot in the back. But ohh it felt good to riddle him with bullets on the way down to the floor where we both bled out. cussed him out proper. sometimes pricks finish last, too. I'm still Mr. Nice Guy though

#27 Posted by ApeGantz (217 posts) -

I refuse to play with someone else unless there's Team speak/Skype on. I'd like to hear other players :)

#28 Posted by ribeye (411 posts) -

has anyone from GB actually found anyone else from GB yet? You guys still playing? I already think this game is amazing, but playing with a small group would be even better. Random encounters with other players almost always = death, but if people would chill for a sec and not insta-murder everything that moves the rewards would be much greater in the long run. Part of the insanity of it all I guess, but small groups of survivors and a little cooperation are VERY effective in DayZ

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.