Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ArmA III

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 12, 2013

Arma 3 is the third core game in the simulation and modern combat Arma franchise developed by Bohemia Interactive.

Arma 3 adopts the Minecraft model

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

So right now on steam you can buy your way into the Alpha build of Arma 3 for 32 bucks (US).

Purchase Arma 3 Alpha now and receive the following:

• Alpha-access – Be one of the first to play Arma 3 and contribute to its development by providing feedback.
    • 3 Alpha Lite Invites (not yet available) – Introduce your friends to Arma 3 by inviting them to the free invite-only Arma 3 Alpha Lite (available from March 14, 2013 until June 18, 2013).
    • Beta-access & Full Game – Gain access to the Arma 3 Beta as soon as it becomes available. Get a Steam version of the complete game upon release.

I think this is kind of neat. allowing people a kind of ground floor access to the game. you get to in a way watch the game evolve over time as they fix bugs add new fetchers ect ect. I like this approach sure the game will break alot and be riddled with bugs, but you get to see a game in a state not a lot of publishers/developers would ever allow there game to be shown. (in theory) you would get to see it become a full retail game. This is not for everyone of course and i know more then a few people liked the idea of Arma in theory but the playing of it was another story all together. still a cool idea i think.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yep. Very pumped about this. The lighting engine alone makes this look amazing, and it'll be nice to be a part of adding new content and such. Cant wait till later this month when I can invite a few friends.

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Just purchased it and am installing the alpha now. I'm sure it'll be all sorts of buggy.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Now taking bets on how long it takes the War Z devs to use this idea too.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I bought the Supporter Edition because... *shrugs shoulders*

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Capum15

Definitely going to be grabbing this soon.

Subbeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bought it, been utterly absorbed by these games since Op Flash and I'm so excited about getting to try this out!

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jack268

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

I bought the Supporter Edition because... *shrugs shoulders*

I almost bought it for the free DLC but at the end of the day it's like £45 more for it and I don't care much for the other stuff.

EDIT: Just played it, it's already better than Arma 2 despite being a long way from the final release.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nights

@subbeh said:

Just bought it, been utterly absorbed by these games since Op Flash and I'm so excited about getting to try this out!

Same! I loved creating scenarios in the editor and seeing how it all played out in OFP, ARMA, and ARMA II. I do hope that ARMA 3 is better optimized and a little less clunky in terms of the UI, interactions and movement. Oh, and better vehicle path finding! According the forums, AI can actually navigate a road without ending up in the woods. Looking forward to it.

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stokes

I actually retract my previous statement about it probably being buggy. So far for me it seems a hell of a lot more stable than the current version of Arma 2 I have installed.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Krullban

Does it have multiplayer?

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By stokes

@krullban: I've seen the option for multiplayer on the menu. However, I haven't gotten around to trying it out to see what modes it has.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Funkydupe

The final version of this is going to great. I really enjoyed Arma 2 despite its bugs; this seems to be an iteration of that experience; I just hope that they can leave some of those pesky bugs out this time around. It seems like the same issues appear across all of their games, so yeah, maybe this Alpha/Beta test approach can actually improve the product.

Arma 3 Alpha Known Issues:

http://alpha.arma3.com/known-issues

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, is multiplayer the only way I can just straight up wander around the island? I know I can create a mission but I'm really bad at that kind of thing. The main reason I'm asking is because I've never played multiplayer in an Arma game; dabbled a bit in DayZ but that's about it. I'm not sure if people in multiplayer are those super serious "treat this like I'm in the military" types and want everyone following orders since I'm just going to be wandering around.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Subjugation

I've recently become interested in Arma 3 thanks to this:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tempted. I played through Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA's campaigns, but I really don't see myself playing Arma 3 unless I can find a good group to play multiplayer scenarios with against AI. Was/is there a GB Arma 2 group?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, is multiplayer the only way I can just straight up wander around the island? I know I can create a mission but I'm really bad at that kind of thing. The main reason I'm asking is because I've never played multiplayer in an Arma game; dabbled a bit in DayZ but that's about it. I'm not sure if people in multiplayer are those super serious "treat this like I'm in the military" types and want everyone following orders since I'm just going to be wandering around.

I think I'll be picking it up soon, and I've never played an Arma game before, so I'd be up for just wandering and messing around with you and not being super serious.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subjugation: Oh my god that is fucking amazing. Nearly crying with laughter here. Oh god.

Loading Video...

Same uploader, different conclusion!

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jackel2072

I have only played about 2 hours so far, but I like what I'm seeing however I'm still kind of new to Arma. I messed around with 2 (played a bunch of DayZ) but I'm real keen to learn how to play the game. I really also love to mess around with some co op but I have no idea how that stuff works. I played waste land the other day and didn't care for it too much. But before I dive head first into this I need to finish tomb raider

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Tons of people in the PC Gaming Hub have it. Come join us. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GBPCGH

Here's our own MrWoks being tactical.

Loading Video...

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, the new stance system is a godsend. It allows so many more options for cover/concealment.

Loading Video...

There's also a step-lean which isn't featured in the video above.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so i have been playing Co Op (a lot of Co Op) and i must say GOD DAMN this is a great game. nothing better then assaulting a enemy base with 20 other guys. been having an absolute blast!

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mister_V

@jackel2072: What servers are you playing on? The only ones i can find are either that weird wasteland mod or small TDM type modes. I want all out war dammit.. I have seen nothing so far with vehicles in at all.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By AssInAss

Man, the new stance system is a godsend. It allows so many more options for cover/concealment.

Loading Video...

There's also a step-lean which isn't featured in the video above.

This is awesome! Man, once I get a beefy rig, I'll have to try these games out.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never pay before full game is out

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanoidtyphoon said:

Not really new. It's mostly SMK animations with a little extra fidelity. BIS hired Smookie for his awesome yet poorly implemented animations.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nights

@humanoidtyphoon said:

Not really new. It's mostly SMK animations with a little extra fidelity. BIS hired Smookie for his awesome yet poorly implemented animations.

Oh, I was aware of the addon. It's just nice to see it implemented into the actual game. BIS tend to reach out to modders or take ideas from the community (rightfully so). The ARMA modding community is one of the best around.

Never pay before full game is out

I suppose, but I know exactly what I'm getting with ARMA 3. An improved ARMA. I've played OFP, ARMA, ARMA 2 and I don't regret pre-purchasing ARMA 3. It obviously has some issues, but it's a much smoother experience compared to its predecessors. Even if it turned out to be an absolutely terrible experience (which it hasn't), 30 bucks down the drain isn't that big of a deal. If it was an entirely new franchise that I had no experience with, sure.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Krullban

My framerate is terrible. :( It's the same on every setting. Low i get terrible FPS, and Ultra I get the exact same FPS as low.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By AlexW00d

I'm tempted. I played through Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA's campaigns, but I really don't see myself playing Arma 3 unless I can find a good group to play multiplayer scenarios with against AI. Was/is there a GB Arma 2 group?

Yeah dude there's a bunch of us. We play most Fridays 9pm GMT, and then atm most evenings with it being new and all. We'll start a thread for it when decent missions start rolling in, and when ACRE gets implemented. But for now if you wanna join us check this thread.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mister_V

@alexw00d: ah cool. will you be playing tonight? I might jump on, I have always liked the idea of the MP in the ARMA games but I have no idea what I'm doing when I get in.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jackel2072

@mister_v: Also go into your filters you will see something called mission type (i think thats what its called) and just switch that to cooperative. plenty of servers just running co op.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mister_V

@jackel2072: Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the games tonight guys, It was a blast! can't wait to play some more with you guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.