#1 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

New ARMA? Sweet.

#2 Posted by Zeemod (303 posts) -

Enemy-Man-To-Our...Front!

One-Zero-Zero-Zero-Niner...Man!

#3 Posted by EgoCheck616 (782 posts) -

I'll take 10 copies, please.

#4 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

I've always wanted to like these game, but they play terribly. Maybe they can get their act together with this one.
#5 Posted by PeasForFees (2407 posts) -
@zeemod155 said:

Enemy-Man-To-Our...Front!

One-Zero-Zero-Zero-Niner...Man!

Don't - let - him - run - away! 
Shoot - him - in - the...Back
#6 Posted by blacklab (1477 posts) -

Blue Thunder was awesome

#7 Posted by arca (134 posts) -

Looks... Interesting!

#8 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Oh no - two - is down!

#9 Posted by Stokes (179 posts) -

ARMA games have always been really fun, but I really hope they fix the AI so that it's not completely ignorant.  Also, some polish would be nice.

#10 Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro (943 posts) -

Not really selling what makes ARMA unique. 

And Commanches? Ugh!

#11 Edited by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

OH NO! TWO - is - down 

OH NO! FOUR - is - down  

Excellent.................

#12 Posted by sandwich_adjustment (685 posts) -

why are they copying BF3 style...they did the same with Arma 2 menus copying Bad Company 2 -___- ..ALSO THE GRAPHICS LOOK AMAZING oh wait..is this another FMV game

#13 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

I'm just curious as to whether or not this will be a game, you know, a fun and playable game. Instead of stupid AI and attempts at rendering cars, tanks and jets.

#14 Posted by PeasForFees (2407 posts) -
@sandwich_adjustment said:

why are they copying BF3 style...they did the same with Arma 2 menus copying Bad Company 2 -___- ..ALSO THE GRAPHICS LOOK AMAZING oh wait..is this another FMV game

Arma 2 came out over half a year before BC2
#15 Edited by FlipperDesert (2070 posts) -

I love that the climax to the trailer is some helicopters firing at a tank... Then missing. Then the tank fires! Oh no!

ARMA II was a blast to watch in the creator mode with 800 plane dogfights, though I found myself dying far too much otherwise. Might not be for me.

#16 Posted by Rautapalli (50 posts) -

@sandwich_adjustment: What are you on about? ARMA 2 came out WAY before Bad Company 2, and the menus are completely different anyway.

#17 Edited by sparks50 (370 posts) -

Live action trailers? Really? The other stuff looks a bit polished in post too. Its a bit lame that BI goes down this road after doing ingame trailers only in Arma 2. Oh well, we will see the real stuff when its ready I suppose.

#18 Posted by Mikemcn (6875 posts) -

Comanches never got past the testing phase, there aren't even any flight ready ones around anymore.

#19 Posted by renzu (10 posts) -

Target. that. target. at... very far!  (no wait, that's Arma 1)

This mockup-like trailer suggests that this game is not yet ready to be shown to people.  When it's ready to be beta-tested, they'll put it on the shelves. A few months, patches, and Warfare mods later, it'll be time to upgrade your PC for real-deal Arma 3 :p

#20 Posted by buckybit (1460 posts) -

@sparks50 said:

Live action trailers? Really? The other stuff looks a bit polished in post too. Its a bit lame that BI goes down this road after doing ingame trailers only in Arma 2. Oh well, we will see the real stuff when its ready I suppose.

One of the senior DICE programmers called Arma3 devs out on Twitter (not naming them, but it was clear). Arma (Bohemia) guys must have watched the BF3 desert tank action and felt pretty bad?

=====

I think Operation Arrowhead was a great dissapointment. The scripting is broken, the physics, the AI and the overall Single Player experience is poor. Patches didn't make the game better, yet they pushed DLC out, instead fixing the performance, etc. Graphic engine scales but does not compete with modern day games. This trailer was just a hand in the air, trying to say: "hey, CoD and Battlefield players, we're still around too."

These guys are still a small team, no 100s of millions of dollars in their budget. I want my more realistic military shooter - but they have to write a new engine, that can compete with Frostbite2, CryEngine, UnrealE?

#21 Posted by deltaalphabravo (128 posts) -

2 - Target - That - Man.

2012 They say!? So Arma2 is a finished product? Laugh - Out - Loud.

Arma 3 2012. Arma 3 playable 2019.

#22 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Screw boats. Helicopters won E3.

#23 Edited by renzu (10 posts) -

The Arma games have been janky ever since the very first Operation Flashpoint-- questionable vehicle physics, extremely poor AI pathfinding, uneven production values, bugs, complex UI, labyrinthine command menus, and (in practice) very high system requirements.  All of that will be par for the course in Arma 3, most likely.  Fact of the matter is, it's a niche game for enthusiasts and not a triple-A mainstream blockbuster. 

However, the Arma games depict military operations at a scale that the DICE team would never dare to imagine for their Battlefield games, especially in Arma's "Warfare" multiplayer mode.  It's not fair to compare the two.  Battlefield is an action game, where Arma is a simulator.  Its last major iteration (Operation Arrowhead) takes place on something like a 10 kilometer by 10 kilometer map.

#24 Posted by MeatSim (10609 posts) -

Helicopters Ryan's mortal enemy.

#25 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2343 posts) -

ARMA has always been too realistic and not gamelike enough for me. I guess accessibility is the problem for me.

#26 Posted by Jonin (11 posts) -

Nice. Can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.