Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Armikrog

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 30, 2015

A stop motion, point-and-click adventure comedy game by Doug TenNapel, Mike Dietz, and Ed Schofield; with music by Terry Scott Taylor.

Did you back the Kickstarter?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Did you back the Kickstarter? (40 votes)

Yes. (Under 50) 13%
    Yes. (Over 50) 0%
    Yes. (Over 150) 3%
    No, I didn't have the funds. 8%
    No, I don't care about the game. 30%
    No, because of the controversy with Doug. 18%
    No, for other reasons. 20%
    (See Results) 10%

I was wondering about the Giantbomb communities interest in the game and they supported it at all.

• 
    NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NekuCTR

I heard about the controversy first, and going in I knew I wouldn't back it. After checking out the game I realized it wasn't my kind of game anyways so I could pretty much care less.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's been a bad month financially, or else I would've excitedly put 50 on it.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

No, I had it set to remind me and still forgot about it.

I usually pledge $1 and then up it to whatever tier will get me a digital copy of the game closer to the end of the thing, depending on what they've showed so far at that point. Like, I'll check videos, updates and such.

I was going to back it originally, because I played the Neverhood and remember it fondly, and because no one's making games like this (claymation+stopmotion) which is something I'd like to support - but I dunno. I felt they could do better with what they showed. I mean cameras are really high def these days so the game has good potential to be really cool in that sense, but it's important to note that stopmotion becomes smoother the more pictures you take and the smaller movements you make between the shots. Some people actually like the jerkiness of stopmotion stuff, but honestly in this day and age, I'm looking for a more seamless experience.

Still glad it's being made, though. Bit of an odd choice to go with the WiiU since it has one of the lowest install bases but eh.

Also I had not heard about the controversy.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Nope. I was tangentially interested at first but once I heard about the controversy, I knew I wasn't going to be backing it.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was going to, but after the controversy decided not to.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Haven't heard about this one.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@xymox: The controversy is basically that Doug TenNapel has made some unpopular comments about gay marriage and relationships. I'm sure if you google doug TenNapel controversy you'll find the whole article.

And personally I can see why they went with the Wii U.

1) Nintendo approached them and wanted to partner with the developers.

2) The inventory won't be on the screen, allowing the screen to show off all the awesomeness they made.

3) The Neverhood had some tricky sections in which you had to remember symbols from earlier in the game. The manual suggested to people to write them down, but now that we have the Wii U Ganepad it's a little more convenient if they still have said puzzles.

Of course, there is still a PC version.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nah, I didn't back Broken Chalice either. Kinda wishing I did, but the physical copies were pretty expensive.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No because of what he said. I was going to buy his art book as well and then I read his comments. Just a personal thing, I don't blame others for supporting him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.