Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Army of Two: The 40th Day

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 12, 2010

For Tyson Rios and Elliot Salem, war is strictly business. After their arrangement with former P.M.C. SCC came to a sudden and bloody end, Rios and Salem work for the only people they still trust - each other. However neither their experience as Army Rangers serving in Mogadishu nor their work with SCC has prepared them for the kind of war they'll face in Shanghai.

Army of Two : The 40th Day

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By calidan777

I never played the original Army of Two. The closest I came to playing it was the demo that was released which didn't really impress me all that much, to be honest. Plus the fact that the lead guy on the game was out there dogging out Gears of War didn't really make me want to give it a fair shake either.

So when the sequel, dubbed "The 40th Day", I pretty much didn't care. I mean, I thought that the controls felt alright in the demo for the original game, but beyond that I wasn't really interested. But today something happened that changed my stance on "The 40th Day", I watched the quick look and came away pretty impressed.

The first thing I noticed was the graphics, they seem to be spruced up quite a bit from the first game.Shooting dude's helmets off looked fun as well as sniping heads completely off.The ai seemed to notice if you sniped a dude right in front of them which is always nice.The only thing that kind of made me cringe was the swapping of parts on guns. Stuff like putting the barrel from an AK-47 onto an M4 just didn't look right. And some of the stuff he was putting on his gun didn't even look correct, like putting a bayonet AND shotgun attachment on it (the bayonet was sitting right in front of the barrel for the shotty attachment). And some of the clips he added looked really odd on the gun, like the drum clip. I don't know, personally I prefer realism if your using real world things, but that's just me.

Anyway,if you haven't already watched it and want to check it out for yourself, here's the quick look :

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By calidan777

I never played the original Army of Two. The closest I came to playing it was the demo that was released which didn't really impress me all that much, to be honest. Plus the fact that the lead guy on the game was out there dogging out Gears of War didn't really make me want to give it a fair shake either.

So when the sequel, dubbed "The 40th Day", I pretty much didn't care. I mean, I thought that the controls felt alright in the demo for the original game, but beyond that I wasn't really interested. But today something happened that changed my stance on "The 40th Day", I watched the quick look and came away pretty impressed.

The first thing I noticed was the graphics, they seem to be spruced up quite a bit from the first game.Shooting dude's helmets off looked fun as well as sniping heads completely off.The ai seemed to notice if you sniped a dude right in front of them which is always nice.The only thing that kind of made me cringe was the swapping of parts on guns. Stuff like putting the barrel from an AK-47 onto an M4 just didn't look right. And some of the stuff he was putting on his gun didn't even look correct, like putting a bayonet AND shotgun attachment on it (the bayonet was sitting right in front of the barrel for the shotty attachment). And some of the clips he added looked really odd on the gun, like the drum clip. I don't know, personally I prefer realism if your using real world things, but that's just me.

Anyway,if you haven't already watched it and want to check it out for yourself, here's the quick look :

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I saw absolutely just like the first one, once more no reason to even give 40th day a try from that Quick Look..even though I had already been set on completely ignoring it before that. The shit they are doing with swapping the parts on the guns, they are trying to tout it as if its some super deep customization that is great, but the reality is it just looks completely stupid to the point that it made me dislike the game even more than I did initially. Everything else is basically just a carbon copy of the first game..no interest at all here.

imjustbettr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By imjustbettr

This game looks a lot better than the first, I have high hopes that they will fix all the problem of the first. I liked AoT1 but thought the game play was not polished enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.