Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Army of Two: The 40th Day

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 12, 2010

For Tyson Rios and Elliot Salem, war is strictly business. After their arrangement with former P.M.C. SCC came to a sudden and bloody end, Rios and Salem work for the only people they still trust - each other. However neither their experience as Army Rangers serving in Mogadishu nor their work with SCC has prepared them for the kind of war they'll face in Shanghai.

What is the general feeling on The 40th Day?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By napalm

I voted for D, because I think level design and AI are better than the first one, but there's still some issues to be worked out with the whole execute/save civilian thing, and I still don't like the loosy goosy cover system. It's also nice it takes way less bullets to kill an enemy. The over-the-top story totally fits these characters and this world, and I'm glad they took the kitchen sink approach to crazy shit that happens in that game.

Thoughts?

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Whisperkill

It's better than the 39th day, but not as good as the 41st...

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lilbigsupermario

graphically, it is a big improvement from the first one. in terms of gameplay, i do find it more fun although after playing through the first chapter & half of the second, i do find the enemy AIs to be not as aggressive as the first (but it's cool that they heal each other now hehe), but maybe it's because it's still the first levels of the game, i have yet to see more challenging enemies in the coming chapters.  overall presentation like the menu screens, the gun pimping and loading screens are definitely better than the first.  sure, it still has some problems, but so far, i'm having fun with the game! 

as for the multiplayer, it's definitely a BIG improvement from the first, it's fast-paced and action-packed!  haven't tried extraction yet though...

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scarace360

better in every way.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ttocs

Is this game worth a buy in such a game heavy month?  Or is it a rent title only?  I liked the collecting of stuff in the first game (masks became my obsession) so is that still fun?

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bicycleham

I really wish they would port this game to PC.

bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bulletbeast

This game should make a great rent or second hand buy

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Drizzle

The game has various glitches when playing with on online player. Numerous times they were dropped, the game froze, or the "abort" they game im not sure what the deal is but its extremely frustrating. Also im on the final level and its behind ridiculous involving difficulty

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MeierTheRed

D. i will get it at some point, i enjoyed beating the first one with a friend of mine.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rowr

What the fuck is with having to rewatch unskippable cutscenes if you die in an area. This is two thousand and fucking 10.

EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By EvolutionX0

I Vote D, Me And My Friend will be going though it this weekend.. so it should be more fun.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CptBedlam

I don't like the Shanghai scenario of the game. Also, I think having a single scenario for the whole game doesn't fit with the weapon customization stuff... no one picks up gun parts on the street.

I'd rather hoped they continued and improved the whole mercenary"go to countries, earn money, buy weapons"-thing.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ravensword

Its hella Short. I beat it in one day.
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nekroskop

F: Indifferent
    chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chrjz

It's good but there are some annoyances and it's hella short. Also, I think the achievements are terrible; on my first play-through I got just under 300 points.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Rowr said:
    " What the fuck is with having to rewatch unskippable cutscenes if you die in an area. This is two thousand and fucking 10. "
    Learn not to die ?
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " What the fuck is with having to rewatch unskippable cutscenes if you die in an area. This is two thousand and fucking 10. "
    Learn not to die ? "
    yeah, maybe thats your punishment for sucking hard.  
    just be thankful you dont have to start the whole game over like back in the day. 
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Dalai
    @Rowr said:
    That's twenty fucking 10.
    Realitythief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Realitythief

well never played army of two much so figured i'd get the demo only to have nobody to play it with, after around a 30 min wait got some one to play and though hmm this is not too bad but its definetly a game to rent not buy i think

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Dalai said:
    " @Rowr said:
    That's twenty fucking 10. "
    Twunny-ten.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rowr
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Rowr said:
    Learn not to die ? "
    yeah, maybe thats your punishment for sucking hard.  just be thankful you dont have to start the whole game over like back in the day.  "
    uhhh right. Thanks fags.

Anyway its not so much an issue now i've got used to the game, but it took a few levels before we were having any fun. Between the Unskippable cutscenes and the Gun upgrades not saving until you hit a save point.

My skill level is not the point here anyway, It's called good game design.
    tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By tomance

I said E.  It much more solid than the first one.  I don't think it's the best game in the world but it's a solid shooter.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@TwoOneFive said:
    " @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Rowr said:
    Learn not to die ? "
    yeah, maybe thats your punishment for sucking hard.  just be thankful you dont have to start the whole game over like back in the day.  "
    Such a lame answer from these two.  Ugh.

I haven't played it yet but looking forward to it, I'll save my answer til then.  I'll say that the first was a solid game, I enjoyed it.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By subject2change

I vote F. Haven't played the original and gave the demo of this one a shot for the off-chance it could be fun Co-Op online. The game looks like its from 2005 but in HD and is completely lackluster. When you execute the black dude in the demo, love how he ends up not dying from a point blank bullet and decides its time to attack.

Pass, maybe when its 20 bucks and nothing else is out or on my shelf (so never gonna happen).

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rowr
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Rowr said:
    Learn not to die ? "
    Such a lame answer from these two.  Ugh.  I haven't played it yet but looking forward to it, I'll save my answer til then.  I'll say that the first was a solid game, I enjoyed it. "
    I'm really enjoying it for what its worth.
    The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Drizzle

Would you mind helping me out? Im currently heading to the mall and this one part i can not get past, i think its level 5 if im not mistaken. My Gt is The_Drizzle09 if you want to help me out

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By GunstarRed

I'm playing it with a friend at the minute in splitscreen...it's a massive improvement over the first game which I kinda liked. The enemies go down a lot faster, the guns sound really nice and once you get used to not pressing a button getting into cover it totally makes sense. I also think the game looks really nice which is a surprise seeing as the trailers make it look kind of ugly. 

Plus I'm running around with a  zebra shotgun and diamond encrusted grenades.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Rowr said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Rowr said:
    Learn not to die ? "
    uhhh right. Thanks fags. Anyway its not so much an issue now i've got used to the game, but it took a few levels before we were having any fun. Between the Unskippable cutscenes and the Gun upgrades not saving until you hit a save point.  My skill level is not the point here anyway, It's called good game design. "

how is gay an insult?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.